~[OPEN]One Act Play Collection 020 - thw

Plays and other dramatic works
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

GregGiordano wrote: April 17th, 2024, 7:17 pm Here are the lines for Comus ready for Spot PL:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/comus_comus_milton.mp3
Comus is now PL OK! :thumbs:
Thanks Greg, I can now start assembling a partial draft edit.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

And here are the Proposal stage directions:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/theproposal_stagedirections_checkov.mp3 (8 mins, 39 secs)

I also see it still says this needs a DPL, can you note Winnifred as the DPL please?
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you, and done.

Todd
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Inkell wrote: April 20th, 2024, 8:16 am And here are the Proposal stage directions:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/theproposal_stagedirections_checkov.mp3 (8 mins, 39 secs)

I also see it still says this needs a DPL, can you note Winnifred as the DPL please?
Stage directions are PL OK, with one note (my apologies for not catching this earlier). I notice that both you and Todd pronounce Natalya Stepanovna's name as Stepanova, but there is an "n" after the "v" in the text of the play (and the Magic Window is missing that n). You're both consistent, so you could probably leave this, but I wonder if you want to correct it? Your call.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

Winnifred wrote: April 20th, 2024, 10:53 am Stage directions are PL OK, with one note (my apologies for not catching this earlier). I notice that both you and Todd pronounce Natalya Stepanovna's name as Stepanova, but there is an "n" after the "v" in the text of the play (and the Magic Window is missing that n). You're both consistent, so you could probably leave this, but I wonder if you want to correct it? Your call.

Cheers,
Oh shoot, that's a very unfortunate typo on my part though all of three of us made the same mistake. Unfortunately I think it should be changed unless it's a common thing for Russian names to have silent n's in them, it's an error rather than a pronunciation choice on our parts. Plus the closest I've seen to this situation was for a weekly poetry, when the typo was noticed we all got PMs to correct the word. Lomov we could justify that maybe it's just a quirk of his character to pronounce the name wrong so that could be optional (I think he does actually pronounce the father's name wrong at one point so it's not entirely without precedent) but the stage directions and MW should definitely be corrected (Natalya and her father should also probably say it correctly if there is any instance of it in their lines). Thanks for the PL and good catch :thumbs:

Todd, can you please add the 'n' to Natalya's name in the MW? Mine can be marked as 'see PL notes' and since you are Lomov, it's up to you whether you want to make the changes to your own lines
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Inkell wrote: April 20th, 2024, 12:07 pm
Winnifred wrote: April 20th, 2024, 10:53 am Stage directions are PL OK, with one note (my apologies for not catching this earlier). I notice that both you and Todd pronounce Natalya Stepanovna's name as Stepanova, but there is an "n" after the "v" in the text of the play (and the Magic Window is missing that n). You're both consistent, so you could probably leave this, but I wonder if you want to correct it? Your call.

Cheers,
Oh shoot, that's a very unfortunate typo on my part though all of three of us made the same mistake. Unfortunately I think it should be changed unless it's a common thing for Russian names to have silent n's in them, it's an error rather than a pronunciation choice on our parts. Plus the closest I've seen to this situation was for a weekly poetry, when the typo was noticed we all got PMs to correct the word. Lomov we could justify that maybe it's just a quirk of his character to pronounce the name wrong so that could be optional (I think he does actually pronounce the father's name wrong at one point so it's not entirely without precedent) but the stage directions and MW should definitely be corrected (Natalya and her father should also probably say it correctly if there is any instance of it in their lines). Thanks for the PL and good catch :thumbs:

Todd, can you please add the 'n' to Natalya's name in the MW? Mine can be marked as 'see PL notes' and since you are Lomov, it's up to you whether you want to make the changes to your own lines
Chubokov never speaks her name, nor does Natalya (well, except for her credit, and that’s not submitted yet), so it’s only you and Todd who are affected by this. Unfortunately, Lomov says it a lot…
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

Winnifred wrote: April 20th, 2024, 12:36 pm Chubokov never speaks her name, nor does Natalya (well, except for her credit, and that’s not submitted yet), so it’s only you and Todd who are affected by this. Unfortunately, Lomov says it a lot…
I thought so, just watch out for Natalya's credit when she does submit. Yes I checked through to see how often and the results seemed unfortunate for Lomov, it contributed to my decision to make it only optional for Todd to change it...
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

Here is the stage direction corrections (hopefully I got them all!):

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/theproposal_stagedirections_checkov.mp3 (new time 8 mins, 42 secs)
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Just a quick update- I recorded the lines of Mr. Courtenay of "The Matchmakers" this past weekend. I hope to edit the track this week and submit soon.

Take care,

Greg
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Inkell wrote: April 22nd, 2024, 3:39 am Here is the stage direction corrections (hopefully I got them all!):

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/theproposal_stagedirections_checkov.mp3 (new time 8 mins, 42 secs)
Yes, you did. I listened all the way through to make sure. PL OK!

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

Winnifred wrote: April 23rd, 2024, 10:54 am
Yes, you did. I listened all the way through to make sure. PL OK!

Cheers,
Thanks, Winnifred! :thumbs:
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I have added a 4th play, The Knave of Hearts. Originally intended as a puppet show - says The Atlantic Book of Modern Plays, where it caught my attention - when published it had people portrayed in great illustrations by Maxfield Parrish.

It explains why the Knave of Heart ran away with the Tarts....

Thanks, Todd

(This is what happens when no one else suggests a play!)
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

ToddHW wrote: April 24th, 2024, 9:58 am I have added a 4th play, The Knave of Hearts. Originally intended as a puppet show - says The Atlantic Book of Modern Plays, where it caught my attention - when published it had people portrayed in great illustrations by Maxfield Parrish.

It explains why the Knave of Heart ran away with the Tarts....

Thanks, Todd

(This is what happens when no one else suggests a play!)
OOh, delightful! May I claim the Lady Violetta?

Thanks,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted: