Test Recording [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files.
richiehayden

Post by richiehayden »

Hi there,

Posting a test recording for review and comment. You'll find it here:
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/lv_test2_akg.mp3

Recorded on PC using Audacity and an AKG P420 mic (XLR). Due to some volume issues (~4dB) I have normalised loudness but otherwise this file is raw - no compression, de-essing, plosive reduction, or other edits. Although this is obviously being reviewed for technical reasons if an experienced reviewer has any general comments about the voice I'm open to their feedback.

Thank you.
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

richiehayden wrote: March 15th, 2024, 8:17 pm Hi there,

Posting a test recording for review and comment. You'll find it here:
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/lv_test2_akg.mp3

Recorded on PC using Audacity and an AKG P420 mic (XLR). Due to some volume issues (~4dB) I have normalised loudness but otherwise this file is raw - no compression, de-essing, plosive reduction, or other edits. Although this is obviously being reviewed for technical reasons if an experienced reviewer has any general comments about the voice I'm open to their feedback.

Thank you.
Welcome to Librivox, Richard!

Your voice is animated, clear, and pleasant, and your test meets all Librivox technical standards, so you're ready to start recording!

I suggest heading over to the "Readers Wanted: Short Works (Poetry & Prose)" forum to find your first recording. There are lots of short options there in all genres. Let the book coordinator of your first reading know if you want a different name than richiehayden in the Librivox catalogue.

If you have questions along the way, the "Need Help? Got Advice?” forum is a useful place to get answers.

Happy reading!

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
richiehayden

Post by richiehayden »

Great! And thanks for the feedback! :)