Mother Earth, Vol. 1 No. 5, July 1906 - brrot

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

AgnesRobert wrote: May 3rd, 2024, 2:08 pm

this section seems to have avoided being put in the magic window, they must be nervous about being proof listened to
Section 7 is PL ok. Thanks!
BrizeCrize

Post by BrizeCrize »

Section 14, Revolutionary Spirit in French Literature, attached, in 52:20:

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/motherearthvol1no5_14_various_128kb.mp3

Certain parts of this section are probably more appropriate for a bi-lingual Quebecois than a mono-lingual Ohio-cois, but I soldiered on in true revolutionary spirit, ignoring the long odds of me getting the correct sound on the French parts (or even French names). I leaned heavily on Google translate (I think she even had a bit or irritation in her voice after I made her repeat it half-a dozen times) but of course the 'muscle memory' of my mouth, larynx and diaphragm kept regressing to the 'Anglais' way of sounding. So, it'd be nice if our PL was bilingual. OR, if you want, I had a bilingual PL in another project whom I could PM to see if she would do the French sections. I would even give her the time stamps of the most critical French passages, if you like, to minimize her work. Let me know if you want me to try and reach her.

Thank you,
Brize
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

BrizeCrize wrote: May 13th, 2024, 7:15 am Section 14, Revolutionary Spirit in French Literature, attached, in 52:20:

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/motherearthvol1no5_14_various_128kb.mp3

Certain parts of this section are probably more appropriate for a bi-lingual Quebecois than a mono-lingual Ohio-cois, but I soldiered on in true revolutionary spirit, ignoring the long odds of me getting the correct sound on the French parts (or even French names). I leaned heavily on Google translate (I think she even had a bit or irritation in her voice after I made her repeat it half-a dozen times) but of course the 'muscle memory' of my mouth, larynx and diaphragm kept regressing to the 'Anglais' way of sounding. So, it'd be nice if our PL was bilingual. OR, if you want, I had a bilingual PL in another project whom I could PM to see if she would do the French sections. I would even give her the time stamps of the most critical French passages, if you like, to minimize her work. Let me know if you want me to try and reach her.

Thank you,
Brize
No worries Brize! I can handle this. In line for PL.
Best,
Christine
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

BrizeCrize wrote: May 13th, 2024, 7:15 am Section 14, Revolutionary Spirit in French Literature, attached, in 52:20:

Section 14 is PL ok. Thanks for all the work you put into this!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Section 13: Highly entertaining!
at approx. 3:21 repeat "One who would blush... but suicide - a heroic death indeed."
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Section 15:
5:48 repeat and mistake "Wherever they meet" just before "Wherever they met"
13:00 please add "End of Section 15" just before "End of Mother Earth..."
Thanks Agnes!