Hello from Trinidad & Tobago

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
DixieAnnD

Post by DixieAnnD »

Hello
I'm Dixie-Ann from Trinidad and Tobago. I am a newbie to voice over work, but its something I have always wanted to try. I just submitted my test so I hope my set up and Caribbean accent can work.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Dixie
vviera

Post by vviera »

DixieAnnD wrote: March 15th, 2024, 3:51 pm Hello
I'm Dixie-Ann from Trinidad and Tobago. I am a newbie to voice over work, but its something I have always wanted to try. I just submitted my test so I hope my set up and Caribbean accent can work.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Dixie
Welcome, Dixie-Ann! We love all kinds of accents here. I do a lot of prooflistening (PL) and that's one of my favorite parts of it. I'm in the US, but I enjoy working with people from all over the world. Glad to have you here!

I see you are already working on your 1-minute test, and I'm sure you'll have that sorted soon.

A good way to start is to read a short story, a chapter from a book, or a poem. That is all manageable as you get your feet wet. After you get your test OK'd, check out the various Readers Wanted forums and find something you'd enjoy reading.

And don't hesitate to ask questions. Post anywhere in the forum, and someone will pop in to help you out.
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA
DixieAnnD

Post by DixieAnnD »

Thanks for the welcome Verla,
Looking forward to it!
DD