Hello from Sydney, Australia!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
JaySoundVO

Post by JaySoundVO »

Hi everyone!

My name is Jason and I'm based in Sydney, Australia but came here when I was 15 from Yorkshire, UK. As a result, my natural accent is a little mixed but it also means that I've had the chance to work on a couple of different accents!

I've haven't done formal voice training (well, I'm sort of doing some now) but did some fun recording and character stuff just playing around for myself and friends years ago.

Looking to get into more voice work and audiobooks so figured this would be excellent practice! See (and hear) you around!! :)

- Jason
vviera

Post by vviera »

JaySoundVO wrote: March 14th, 2024, 10:19 pm Hi everyone!

My name is Jason and I'm based in Sydney, Australia but came here when I was 15 from Yorkshire, UK. As a result, my natural accent is a little mixed but it also means that I've had the chance to work on a couple of different accents!

I've haven't done formal voice training (well, I'm sort of doing some now) but did some fun recording and character stuff just playing around for myself and friends years ago.

Looking to get into more voice work and audiobooks so figured this would be excellent practice! See (and hear) you around!! :)

- Jason
Welcome, Jay! I'm based in the U.S., but we have plenty of Aussies and people from the UK, so you're in good company!

I see you're already working on your 1-minute test and will have that sorted soon. A common piece of advice given is to start with a section of a book, short story, or poem to get your feet wet. Once you've got the ok on your test, check out the things available in the different Readers Wanted sections of the forum.

You can learn a lot poking around the Librivox wiki, so check that out too.

As always, any time you have a question, post a message in any forum and someone will pop in to answer it.

Have fun!
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA