One Minute Test [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files.
NMartin

Post by NMartin »

Last edited by NMartin on March 14th, 2024, 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“No varnish can hide the grain of the wood; and that the more varnish you put on, the more the grain will express itself.” -- Charles Dickens, Great Expectations
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

NMartin wrote: March 14th, 2024, 2:35 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/one_minute_test.mp3

Audacity.
Windows.
Analog Microphone.
Welcome to Librivox, Nathan!

Your voice is pleasant and animated, and your test meets all the Librivox technical standards, so you're ready to start recording!

Just one note of caution. The volume of your test varied a bit at times, almost as if you were swaying towards and away from your mic. Try recording at the same set distance from your mic (and beside, rather than straight into it, to avoid plosives) and avoid moving if you can.

I suggest heading over to the "Readers Wanted: Short Works (Poetry & Prose)" forum to find your first recording. There are lots of short options there in all genres. Let the book coordinator of your first reading know if you want a different name than NMartin in the Librivox catalogue.

If you have questions along the way, the "Need Help? Got Advice?” forum is a useful place to get answers.

Happy reading!

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
NMartin

Post by NMartin »

Thank you ever so much!

I am exceedingly eager to begin.
“No varnish can hide the grain of the wood; and that the more varnish you put on, the more the grain will express itself.” -- Charles Dickens, Great Expectations