[HUMOROUS ESSAYS] The Powder of Sympathy, by Christopher Morley - icequeen

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
TanishaSharma

Post by TanishaSharma »

Hi Winnifred!
Just posted the link to my test recording on the test recordings forum, thought I'd share here as well.
https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test_TanishaSharma.mp3
Kindly let me know if it is up to standards!
Appreciate it,
Tanisha
Appreciate it,
Tanisha Sharma
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

TanishaSharma wrote: March 19th, 2024, 8:15 am Hi Winnifred!
Just posted the link to my test recording on the test recordings forum, thought I'd share here as well.
Appreciate it,
Tanisha
Tanisha, please see my comments in your 1 minute test post. :wink:
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

TanishaSharma wrote: March 19th, 2024, 8:15 am Hi Winnifred!
Appreciate it,
Tanisha
Hi Tanisha,

David has already pointed out that it needs to be changed from variable to constant mode. Your volume is at 92.6 dB and needs to be between 86 and 92 dB, so that'll need to come down a bit. (Downloading the Checker would allow you to access that information yourself.)

Once you've made those two fixes, you should be good to go. (I haven't listened to it, as David has done that already.)

Thanks,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
TanishaSharma

Post by TanishaSharma »

Hey Winnifred!
Yeah I made changes and posted the link on the test forum.

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/_test_TanishaSharma.mp3

After it's approved, can I get started on my audio recordings?
Thanks!!
Tanisha.
Appreciate it,
Tanisha Sharma
quartertone

Post by quartertone »

Could I have the following sections?:

2 - Scapegoats
7 - Hail Kinsprit
8 - Round Manhattan Island
9 - The Unknown Citizen

thanks!
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

quartertone wrote: March 19th, 2024, 2:40 pm Could I have the following sections?:

2 - Scapegoats
7 - Hail Kinsprit
8 - Round Manhattan Island
9 - The Unknown Citizen

thanks!
2, 7, 8, and 9 are yours!

Thanks,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

TanishaSharma wrote: March 19th, 2024, 10:06 am Hey Winnifred!

Thanks!!
Tanisha.
Hi Tanisha,

Yes, once you've been approved, you can start recording (looks like you just need to change your bit rate from 56 back to 128, and then double check to make sure your volume's still good). Let me know if you want something other than TanishaSharma on your Librivox catalogue page, which I will set up as soon as you're ready to start.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

section 41 please, the fun of writing
April
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

adr6090 wrote: March 19th, 2024, 5:22 pm section 41 please, the fun of writing
You've got it!

Thanks,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
TanishaSharma

Post by TanishaSharma »

Winnifred wrote: March 19th, 2024, 3:15 pm
TanishaSharma wrote: March 19th, 2024, 10:06 am Hey Winnifred!

Thanks!!
Tanisha.
Hi Tanisha,

Yes, once you've been approved, you can start recording (looks like you just need to change your bit rate from 56 back to 128, and then double check to make sure your volume's still good). Let me know if you want something other than TanishaSharma on your Librivox catalogue page, which I will set up as soon as you're ready to start.

Cheers,
Alright, Thanks Winnifred
Appreciate it,
Tanisha Sharma
TanishaSharma

Post by TanishaSharma »

Hey! Please let me know if this is fine or not!!! :D
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/powderofsympathy_01_morley_128k.mp3
Appreciate it,
Tanisha Sharma
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

TanishaSharma wrote: March 20th, 2024, 12:39 am Hey! Please let me know if this is fine or not!!! :D
Hi Tanisha,

I see you haven't waited for final approval of your 1-minute test, but started recording other things already. That's usually not a good idea, because you risk ending up having to correct the settings of multiple files, instead of getting it right in one place before beginning anything new with the wrong settings. I'm sorry if I'm the one who gave you the impression that it was ok to start recording. That approval has to appear in the 1-minute test forum first.

However. Curiously, although the last version of your test didn't pass (it's still 56 kbps), and the Fortnightly poem you submitted also needs further changes, this file you've posted here does have all the correct settings, so I will put it into the Magic Window for proof listening.

As it appears to be the latest file you've posted, take the settings you used here, and go and apply them to your test and the Fortnightly Poem and reupload those. You need to get your test formally approved or any requests you make for other recordings could be denied because the book coordinators don't see an approved test for you.

I love your enthusiasm, but please wait until those other two files have been approved before recording anything else. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Last edited by Winnifred on March 20th, 2024, 8:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Boy, you're fast! Thanks.

In the MW, ready for PL. I have no DPL as yet, so I've advertised for one in the Prooflisteners or Editors Wanted forum, but if one doesn't turn up in the next few days, I'll PL these myself.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
TanishaSharma

Post by TanishaSharma »

Winnifred wrote: March 20th, 2024, 1:14 pm
TanishaSharma wrote: March 20th, 2024, 12:39 am Hey! Please let me know if this is fine or not!!! :D
Hi Tanisha,

I see you haven't waited for final approval of your 1-minute test, but started recording other things already. That's usually not a good idea, because you risk ending up having to correct the settings of multiple files, instead of getting it right in one place before beginning anything new with the wrong settings. I'm sorry if I'm the one who gave you the impression that it was ok to start recording. That approval has to appear in the 1-minute test forum first.

However. Curiously, although the last version of your test didn't pass (it's still 56 kbps), and the Fortnightly poem you submitted also needs further changes, this file you've posted here does have all the correct settings, so I will put it into the Magic Window for proof listening.

As it appears to be the latest file you've posted, take the settings you used here, and go and apply them to your test and the Fortnightly Poem and reupload those. You need to get your test formally approved or any requests you make for other recordings could be denied because the book coordinators don't see an approved test for you.

I love your enthusiasm, but please wait until those other two files have been approved before recording anything else. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Alright.. I am sorry!! I was just pretty excited to start recording and since I didn't get any replies back on my test recording I assumed it got approved.
Appreciate it,
Tanisha Sharma