[COMPLETE] A Fort for the Afflicted in an Exposition Upon the 6th Psalm of David, by John Knox - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

A Fort for the Afflicted in an Exposition Upon the Sixth Psalm of David, by John Knox (1514 - 1572)

This project is complete! All files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/a-fort-for-the-afflicted-in-an-exposition-upon-the-sixth-psalm-of-david-by-john-knox/
Wherein is Declared His Cross, Complaints, and Prayers Most Necessary to Be Read of All Them for Their Singular Comfort That, Under the Banner of Christ, are by Satan Assaulted, and Feel the Heavy Burden of Sin with Which They are Oppressed (Summary by Subtitle)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://archive.org/details/selectpracticalw00knoxuoft/page/106

Target completion date: 2024-06-11

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================
Genres for the project: Christianity - Commentary
Keywords that describe the book: bible, christian, sermons, Reformation, suffering, psalms, psalm 6, affliction, scottish reformation
========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Part # of A Fort for the Afflicted in an Exposition Upon the Sixth Psalm of David. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "A Fort for the Afflicted in an Exposition Upon the Sixth Psalm of David, by John Knox. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Part # of A Fort for the Afflicted in an Exposition Upon the Sixth Psalm of David, by John Knox. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of part #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of A Fort for the Afflicted in an Exposition Upon the Sixth Psalm of David, by John Knox."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: fortfortheafflicted_##_knox_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. fortfortheafflicted_01_knox_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: TriciaG

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
St. Augustine (Vol.6 Psalms 126-150) 94% 3 left!
PL pls: DPL 43 27-28
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

This is set up.

I put the genre in as Christianity-Commentary, and I've left the keywords up in case you want to view them.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

TriciaG wrote: March 12th, 2024, 9:27 am This is set up.

I put the genre in as Christianity-Commentary, and I've left the keywords up in case you want to view them.
Thankyou!
christian life,christian life -- early works to 1800,christian life -- great britain -- early works to 1800,christian life -- sermons -- early works to 1800,presbyterianism -- early works to 1800,presbyterianism -- scotland -- early works to 1800,theology practical -- early works to 1800
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Section 1

(26:11)
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Section 2
Part 2
(42:57)

And all sections are uploaded :)
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

Hi InTheDesert, I would be willing to be your proof listener, would that work for you?
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I assume it's OK with ITD.

I've put you in, Shelly. Thank you!

You can enter the MW using your own login, just like with your solo project. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

Nice! Thanks :thumbs:
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

InTheDesert wrote: March 13th, 2024, 2:48 am Section 1

(26:11)
Wow, great job. I think your voice sounds perfect for this text.

I heard a couple little differences from the text:
at about 5:19 I heard "differs" and the text says differ with no s.
at about 23:10 I heard a repeat of:
"and that we neither be presumptuous, lightly esteeming Christ's death, neither yet unmindful of our former estate and miseries"
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

ShellyW wrote: March 14th, 2024, 10:47 am Hi InTheDesert, I would be willing to be your proof listener, would that work for you?
Thankyou!
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

InTheDesert wrote: March 13th, 2024, 3:14 am Section 2
Part 2
(42:57)

And all sections are uploaded :)
Hello ITD,
I noted that for both sections I had to lower my volume quite a bit. I don't know what the decibels would be so it might still be within range.

Again I heard only 2 small differences from the text:
about 15:49 the word more is omitted from “more nigh unto you”
31:52 "the plagues of the people of Israel" God is substituted for Israel.

Interesting reading.
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Spot checks with new timings for section 1
05:15 I heard 'differs' and the text says differ with no s.
23:10 I heard a repeat of: 'and that we neither be presumptuous, lightly esteeming Christ's death, neither yet unmindful of our former estate and miseries'

(Click on the timestamps to spot check)

I'm not actually sure why the percieved volume is so high. It's 89dB on Checker.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Spot checks with new timings for section 2
15:46 the word more is omitted from “more nigh unto you”
31:52 'the plagues of the people of Israel' God is substituted for Israel.

Not very clean edits unfortunately because I currently have a blocked nose so I can't match the tone.

Thanks for DPLing!
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

I just saw that you posted and I am getting ready for Saturday night vegging. Will get back to this tomorrow.
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

All edits are PL OK. They sounded seamless to me! :thumbs:
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com