Plays and other dramatic works
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

May I claim Judge Dusenberry?

Thank you!

Greg
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

Is the Doctor character missing from the MW or is this the main character?
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

silverquill wrote: March 9th, 2024, 9:40 pm You can put me down for Officer Henn, if you like.
I would like that very much! Thank you, Larry!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

GregGiordano wrote: March 10th, 2024, 12:08 am May I claim Judge Dusenberry?

Thank you!

Greg
That would be perfect! Thanks, Greg!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Inkell wrote: March 10th, 2024, 4:44 am Is the Doctor character missing from the MW or is this the main character?
The real doctor is the groom/main character in the play. He is currently in sections 1-3 of the MW.

The Irish butler pretends to be a doctor during Act 1 and was claimed already. Hope that helps!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

jennlea wrote: March 10th, 2024, 7:41 am
GregGiordano wrote: March 10th, 2024, 12:08 am May I claim Judge Dusenberry?

Thank you!

Greg
That would be perfect! Thanks, Greg!
Thank you!
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

jennlea wrote: March 10th, 2024, 7:47 am The real doctor is the groom/main character in the play. He is currently in sections 1-3 of the MW.

The Irish butler pretends to be a doctor during Act 1 and was claimed already. Hope that helps!
I meant the real doctor called doctor in the script in the first like 20 pages, that's as far as I got skimming through it before checking the MW and not seeing them unless it was the main character but if it was the main character I thought it odd he wasn't being called by his name, these old scripts do odd things sometimes though so I guess this is one of those times
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Inkell wrote: March 10th, 2024, 9:26 am
jennlea wrote: March 10th, 2024, 7:47 am The real doctor is the groom/main character in the play. He is currently in sections 1-3 of the MW.

I meant the real doctor called doctor in the script in the first like 20 pages, that's as far as I got skimming through it before checking the MW and not seeing them unless it was the main character but if it was the main character I thought it odd he wasn't being called by his name, these old scripts do odd things sometimes though so I guess this is one of those times
Ahh, I see! Yes, the real doctor is called "doctor" in the script. I believe his first line says "Doctor Bancroft" and then the rest of the time its just "Doctor".
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

jennlea wrote: March 10th, 2024, 9:34 am Ahh, I see! Yes, the real doctor is called "doctor" in the script. I believe his first line says "Doctor Bancroft" and then the rest of the time its just "Doctor".
Ah I see it does, I guess that's what I get for skimming though I still just expected the main character to be called by his first name so it never clicked for me. My bad, sorry
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Inkell wrote: March 10th, 2024, 12:57 pm
jennlea wrote: March 10th, 2024, 9:34 am Ahh, I see! Yes, the real doctor is called "doctor" in the script. I believe his first line says "Doctor Bancroft" and then the rest of the time its just "Doctor".
Ah I see it does, I guess that's what I get for skimming though I still just expected the main character to be called by his first name so it never clicked for me. My bad, sorry
Oh, no worries at all! Expecting the main character to be called by his first name is very reasonable. But as you said, old scripts can be odd. I just got done finding all my lines in another project that call my character by two different names throughout :shock:
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

jennlea wrote: March 10th, 2024, 1:09 pm Oh, no worries at all! Expecting the main character to be called by his first name is very reasonable. But as you said, old scripts can be odd. I just got done finding all my lines in another project that call my character by two different names throughout :shock:
Well I still feel like I've been wasting your time so my apologies. Yes stuff like that are the oddities of these old scripts I was thinking off, so strange, I guess their mistakes were harder to correct back then so if they forgot what they had been calling some characters they just ran with the inconsistencies?
Beeswaxcandle

Post by Beeswaxcandle »

The young doctor, please.
"Just because you can doesn't mean you should"—my first law of life.
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Beeswaxcandle wrote: March 10th, 2024, 10:31 pm The young doctor, please.
He’s yours! Thanks!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Thanks, Larry! Got them tucked away into the MW for PLing :thumbs:
-Jenn B.
My Recordings