Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Agreed.
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Chapter 4 is up.
Three comments:
1. I read and study a lot about linguistics and language origins as it is an interest of mine , and I would say imho this is pretty outdated.
2. I was text chatting w a friend while editing this, and she told her partner Patrick what I was doing . He commented that Bertrand Russell was very abstruse. Since Patrick has a degree in philosophy from an Ivy League University (I forget which, but it would have been long ago, as Patrick is quite a bit older than even I am), this comforted me a bit. Because DAMN. Abstrusetissimo.
3. I will not say too much about this, but his whole discourse on Peter made me giggle. Apparently his dad did not use the term Peter the way my dad did.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

lol! My brain lost him on a good half of this chapter. It's rather distracted these days, but I might have felt frustrated with my inability to concentrate on it deeply if you hadn't commented ahead of my listening. :lol:

I don't know how either of your fathers used "Peter," but I would have found that bit of discourse less distracting if he'd chosen a name that didn't also hold a meaning completely separate from being a proper name. I kept waiting for him to address that facet.

but Chapter 4 is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * - no computer access until Friday or Saturday
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

Thanks. (I only had one father, btw. :lol: )
Chapter V is up. I think of all the ones we have done so far, it is the easiest to understand. His discussion of how living beings differ from machines is interesting in light of AI. I am hoping it is a clean edit, as there was a mind boggling barrage of distractions both days I worked on it. Not to mention the neighborhood dogs barking while I was trying to record it.
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Chapter V came out sounding great, Ciufi. No worries. - PL OK :thumbs:

yes, it would be interesting to see how he would address AI within his framing!
~Lynette * - no computer access until Friday or Saturday
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)