Post by msfry »

PL Notes 07

16:06 the rest got spilt and lost, you say split
dustman33

Post by dustman33 »

msfry

Post by msfry »

7, 9 and 10 are PL OK

A few things that really date this story so far: No cell phones or text messages, nor even telephones! No mention of TV's either, nor the evening news! How did folks get along?
"Copying camera", I presume means a copy machine?
But there are X-rays! 8-)
dustman33

Post by dustman33 »

Yes, I was surprised at the mention of X-rays in the story. I would imagine they didn’t have much in the way safety protocols for them in those days!
dustman33

Post by dustman33 »

msfry

Post by msfry »

11 is PL OK. Very pleasant, steady reading, all at a good pace.

But please help me clear up this mystery:
How do you manage to get all your files to come out at exactly 89dB and Background Noise at 24.2dB?
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Note on 12

17:30 While you are drawing up your schedule of dilapidations, you say delapi-TAY-tions. Sounds weird to my ear, especially as your pronunciations are generally so precise.
dustman33

Post by dustman33 »

Thanks Michele. I will check that out.
dustman33

Post by dustman33 »

msfry

Post by msfry »

12 is PL OK Only 1/3rd left to go!
msfry

Post by msfry »

Having no summary to go by, I just happened to learn that this book is one of many of a Dr. Thorndyke series, much like the Sherlock Holmes stories. And illustrator H. M. Brock contributed illustrations to both series!
dustman33

Post by dustman33 »

Hi Michele. Sorry I’m late in answering your questions. My consistent gain level is simply achieved by trial and error. I use a gain plugin in Logic Pro to control my levels. I do an initial bounce of the file to see how it comes out. If needed I do a second bounce and adjust the gain as required. I find volume levels overall during recording and editing to be the most challenging issue doing these projects.

As far as background noise is concerned I use a wonderful plugin by Waves called Clarity VX to do most of the work. Anything more severe is fixed with Izotope RX which is the external audio repair editor I use for the entire editing process.

I hope I haven’t bored you!

Howard
msfry

Post by msfry »

dustman33 wrote: April 15th, 2024, 3:32 am Hi Michele. Sorry I’m late in answering your questions. My consistent gain level is simply achieved by trial and error. I use a gain plugin in Logic Pro to control my levels. I do an initial bounce of the file to see how it comes out. If needed I do a second bounce and adjust the gain as required. I find volume levels overall during recording and editing to be the most challenging issue doing these projects.

As far as background noise is concerned I use a wonderful plugin by Waves called Clarity VX to do most of the work. Anything more severe is fixed with Izotope RX which is the external audio repair editor I use for the entire editing process.

I hope I haven’t bored you!

Howard
All I know is Audacity, and that but barely, so the above is way over my head. Whatever you're doing works great, so keep it up. :D
dustman33

Post by dustman33 »