[OPEN]Shadowland: October, 1919 by Various - tg

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

allendixon wrote: February 28th, 2024, 6:11 pm I would like to claim Section 7 (Painting in a Sedan Chair by The Painter), please.
All yours!

Before I can mark you officially in the system, I need to make a reader page for you. How do you want to be credited: by your username or something else? :)
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
allendixon

Post by allendixon »

elsieselwyn wrote: February 28th, 2024, 6:13 pm
allendixon wrote: February 28th, 2024, 6:11 pm I would like to claim Section 7 (Painting in a Sedan Chair by The Painter), please.
All yours!

Before I can mark you officially in the system, I need to make a reader page for you. How do you want to be credited: by your username or something else? :)
Allen Dixon

Thank you.
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

allendixon wrote: February 28th, 2024, 6:21 pm Allen Dixon

Thank you.
Alright - you're all set. Here is your reader page if you want to look at it: https://librivox.org/reader/19329
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

May I have the poems 3,12,17 ?
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

silverquill wrote: February 28th, 2024, 11:03 pm May I have the poems 3,12,17 ?
Yep!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

JHedrick

Post by JHedrick »

Jim in Ohio

I will be away from the studio from April 21st through April 28th.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

JHedrick wrote: March 6th, 2024, 12:19 pm Here is §27 which is the Narrator for §13:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/shadowlandoctober1919_narrator_various_128kb.mp3 [12:18]
Thanks!
rubenpaulspeaks

Post by rubenpaulspeaks »

Can I read the poem“There was a Movie ‘Ero, and he had” by G. H. please? I would love to read it so long as my one-minute test is up to snuff!

Ruben
AdamInVA

Post by AdamInVA »

Hi! Can I read section 8, "The Great Actors’ War by Louis Raymond Reid"? For my reader name I would like to be listed as Adam Smith, if there isn't already one of those :lol:
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

rubenpaulspeaks wrote: March 6th, 2024, 2:21 pm Can I read the poem“There was a Movie ‘Ero, and he had” by G. H. please? I would love to read it so long as my one-minute test is up to snuff!

Ruben
Hey Ruben, that section is all yours! Someone has been by and left some feedback on your one minute test. Please fix those things before recording your claimed poem :D

Also, to give you the section, I need to put you officially in the system. How would you like to be credited? By your username or by something else?

Thanks,
Elsie :)
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

AdamInVA wrote: March 6th, 2024, 4:37 pm Hi! Can I read section 8, "The Great Actors’ War by Louis Raymond Reid"? For my reader name I would like to be listed as Adam Smith, if there isn't already one of those :lol:
The section is yours. Here is your brand new reader's page: https://librivox.org/reader/19341 :D
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Great job! I liked your performance of Archie :D
  • Sections 3, 12, and 17: In each, you said in the intro Shadowland September 1919 when it needs to be Shadowland October 1919.

Sorry about having to fix this error - the September mistake was on me. I failed to update the month in the model intros in the first post. I have fixed it so it says October now.
  • Section 12 also has the PL Note: @0:26 You said "The old landmarks are swept away" when the text says "All the old landmarks are swept away". I ordinarily wouldn't care, but the line is repeated twice later on in the poem. To get the author's intent of repetition, the lines all need to be the same :)
  • Archie has one PL Note: @0:06 Missing "Allie!" before "Damitall, where are you now?"
Last edited by elsieselwyn on March 6th, 2024, 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

JHedrick wrote: March 6th, 2024, 12:19 pm Here is §27 which is the Narrator for §13:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/shadowlandoctober1919_narrator_various_128kb.mp3 [12:18]
Thank you very much! Great job! Only 3 PL notes:
  • In the intro, you said Shadowland September 1919 when it needs to be Shadowland October 1919.

Sorry about having to fix this error - the September mistake was on me. I failed to update the month in the model intros in the first post. I have fixed it so it says October now.
  • At @10:24, you said Elsie (El-see) when it should be Elise (I-lease).
  • At @10:45, also hear Elsie (El-see) when it should be Elise (I-lease).