DR Scene & Story Collection 5 - rr

Plays and other dramatic works
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

jennlea wrote: March 26th, 2024, 10:58 pm I would like to offer the following short story for this collection.
Magic Window and first post have both been updated. Please let me know if I missed anything!
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

redrun wrote: March 27th, 2024, 9:53 am
jennlea wrote: March 26th, 2024, 10:58 pm I would like to offer the following short story for this collection.
Magic Window and first post have both been updated. Please let me know if I missed anything!
Thanks so much!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

jennlea wrote: March 27th, 2024, 10:26 am
redrun wrote: March 27th, 2024, 9:53 am
Thanks so much!
May I read (and record!) Captain Fairfax? Please!
Mobsters - you don't have to be larcenous, you can pretend - needed for Gold-Killer
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

BrianFullen wrote: March 27th, 2024, 11:11 am May I read (and record!) Captain Fairfax? Please!
Of course! That would be perfect! Thank you, Brian :)
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

MW updated, thank you. :wink:
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

May I claim "A Mother" in "The Brothers"?

Thanks,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Captain Fairfax reporting for duty, at 1:06, sir! Did I miss reveille?

https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/drcollection5_brothers_fairfax.mp3
Mobsters - you don't have to be larcenous, you can pretend - needed for Gold-Killer
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Thank you both!
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Winnifred wrote: March 28th, 2024, 3:29 pm May I claim "A Mother" in "The Brothers"?

Thanks,
Wonderful! Thank you, Winnifred!
BrianFullen wrote: March 28th, 2024, 4:39 pm Captain Fairfax reporting for duty, at 1:06, sir! Did I miss reveille?

That was fast! I should be able to PL later today.
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

jennlea wrote: March 29th, 2024, 7:09 am I should be able to PL later today.
“Would it please you if I said your eyes were twin goldfish bowls filled to the brim with the clearest green water and that when the fish swim to the top, as they are doing now, you are devilishly charming?”

--Rhett Butler

Wait! Are we doing GWTW?
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

BrianFullen wrote: March 29th, 2024, 7:55 am Wait! Are we doing GWTW?
Not in this collection! :lol:

With a copyright date of 1936 (and having been renewed), it won't be PD in the USA for several years yet. But once it is, if someone wanted to do just their favorite chapter as a short DR, the future incarnation of this collection be the place for it!
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

BrianFullen wrote: March 29th, 2024, 7:55 am “Would it please you if I said your eyes were twin goldfish bowls filled to the brim with the clearest green water and that when the fish swim to the top, as they are doing now, you are devilishly charming?”

--Rhett Butler

Wait! Are we doing GWTW?
Perhaps one day! :mrgreen:
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

jennlea wrote: March 29th, 2024, 8:23 am
BrianFullen wrote: March 29th, 2024, 7:55 am “Would it please you if I said your eyes were twin goldfish bowls filled to the brim with the clearest green water and that when the fish swim to the top, as they are doing now, you are devilishly charming?”

--Rhett Butler

Wait! Are we doing GWTW?
Capital! Can I be Ashley Wilkes?
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

BrianFullen wrote: March 29th, 2024, 8:34 am
jennlea wrote: March 29th, 2024, 8:23 am

--Rhett Butler

Wait! Are we doing GWTW?
Capital! Can I be Ashley Wilkes?
I will make a mental note of your interest! But please be aware, my mental notes tend to be unreliable when we are talking about many years in the future :lol:
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

BrianFullen wrote: March 28th, 2024, 4:39 pm Captain Fairfax reporting for duty, at 1:06, sir! Did I miss reveille?

Thank you, Brian! Captain Fairfax is PL-OK!. Love the accent!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings