DR Scene & Story Collection 5 - rr

Plays and other dramatic works
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

BrianFullen wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 6:51 pm
GregGiordano wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 6:11 pm Here are the lines of Mr. Kent for "The Blanched Soldier":

https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/drcollection5_blanchedsoldier_mrkent.mp3

Take care,

Greg
PL OK. Thank you, Greg.
Thank you both! :thumbs:

And with that, it is time to edit...
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

Update! I have just finished assembling it together, it's definitely not done as it needs fine tuning but I thought I would double check the length. It is current 54 minutes and 10 seconds long (and note: it will definitely get shorter with fine tuning as the silences between lines get cut down) but I definitely will not need to split it, right? It shouldn't get any longer than this (unless I screwed up majorly somewhere) and even this is within the limit which I believe is an hour and 12 minutes
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Alright! Yes, there should be no need to split. :D
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

redrun wrote: March 24th, 2024, 9:43 am Alright! Yes, there should be no need to split. :D
That's great, thanks redrun! And here it is, The Adventure of the Blanched Soldier-

3: https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/drsceneandstoryvol005_03_various_128kb.mp3 (50 mins, 52 secs)
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Alright! Any volunteers to PL?
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

redrun wrote: March 25th, 2024, 5:52 pm Alright! Any volunteers to PL?
Shouldn't Brian still be able to PL it? It's only the editor (which was me) who is negated from being able to PL the completed file as far as I know, unless it is different for DRs than plays because I'm pretty sure I see DPLs have roles and still do the final PL for plays all the time, as long as someone else did the PL of their part before editing (which was the case, brownrottger kindly PL'd his file) :?
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Inkell wrote: March 25th, 2024, 6:01 pm
redrun wrote: March 25th, 2024, 5:52 pm Alright! Any volunteers to PL?
Shouldn't Brian still be able to PL it? It's only the editor (which was me) who is negated from being able to PL the completed file as far as I know, unless it is different for DRs than plays because I'm pretty sure I see DPLs have roles and still do the final PL for plays all the time, as long as someone else did the PL of their part before editing (which was the case, brownrottger kindly PL'd his file) :?
I think that Brian should be able to PL but then I have more faith in him that I probably ought to. He's disappointed me before, but I'm sure you don't want to hear the sordid details.
Mobsters - you don't have to be larcenous, you can pretend - needed for Gold-Killer
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

:lol:
Yes, that's right. Brian can PL. I'm sure he won't disappoint.

It takes some getting used to, not being able to hold everything in memory. :help:
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Inkell wrote: March 25th, 2024, 5:45 pm
redrun wrote: March 24th, 2024, 9:43 am Alright! Yes, there should be no need to split. :D
That's great, thanks redrun! And here it is, The Adventure of the Blanched Soldier-

3: https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/drsceneandstoryvol005_03_various_128kb.mp3 (50 mins, 52 secs)
PL OK. Loved it! Nicely done on the editing.

I think it a shame that we don't have awards for LV audio books similar to an "Oscar". We'd need a name for an award of course and I propose "Todd". If it were in my power I would nominate this recording for a "Todd" in the categories of Scene or Story coordination, editing, casting and some others perhaps. Definitely an all-star cast (except for the guy who played Godfrey)! They all deserve a "Todd" too. But you, Inkell, all I can say is, get ready for the 'red carpet'. You're a star.
Mobsters - you don't have to be larcenous, you can pretend - needed for Gold-Killer
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

I'll join the congratulations! I look forward to hearing it! :mrgreen:

And I think with the completion of our first story, we're due for a quick recap:

Wogglbug: Open
15 roles open
2 roles ready for PL - BC has been notified
BC's role can optionally be PL'd by anyone

Blanched Soldier: COMPLETE
* Including a formatted cast list. :thumbs:

White Elephants: Full
All roles claimed, only 2 to go

Knight's Move: Full
All roles claimed, only 1 to go
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

BrianFullen wrote: March 25th, 2024, 7:44 pm PL OK. Loved it! Nicely done on the editing.

I think it a shame that we don't have awards for LV audio books similar to an "Oscar". We'd need a name for an award of course and I propose "Todd". If it were in my power I would nominate this recording for a "Todd" in the categories of Scene or Story coordination, editing, casting and some others perhaps. Definitely an all-star cast (except for the guy who played Godfrey)! They all deserve a "Todd" too. But you, Inkell, all I can say is, get ready for the 'red carpet'. You're a star.
Thanks a lot, Brian, I never doubted you for a second! :thumbs:

I'm glad you liked the editing, it is my first time editing a DR rather than a play so I wasn't sure what to expect. If there were LV "Oscars" I definitely think "Todd" is a good name for them though I dunno about mine being nominated, so far it's the only DR scene finished this year so not much of a category! I'm really surprised how quickly this came together, I'm tempted to do another one because there is one other story Holmes story that he narrates but we'll see.

Anyway a huge thank you to our amazing readers Steve, Beeswaxcandle, GregGiordano, alanmapstone, silverquill, AgnesRobert and lorda, a double huge thank you to BrianFullen for being both a reader and the fastest DPL in the west, another huge thank you to brownrottger for coming in for a PL and a final thank you to redrun for your MCing and MW management. Pleasure working with you all on this project, hope you enjoy the story :mrgreen:
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Inkell wrote: March 26th, 2024, 5:02 am I'm tempted to do another one because there is one other story Holmes story that he narrates but we'll see.
If you decide to launch another, Sherlock or not, I will PL if you'll let me.
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

BrianFullen wrote: March 26th, 2024, 2:57 pm If you decide to launch another, Sherlock or not, I will PL if you'll let me.
Thanks, Brian, I'll be happy to have you back as DPL if I do another one :thumbs:
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

I would like to offer the following short story for this collection.

* Title and author of the story: The Brothers by Louisa May Alcott
* Link to the Public Domain text: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/3806
* Link to your script: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JvDqMSn0H5cS2DP7atpye4_YbK9G8yRh/view?usp=sharing
* Link to the author on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louisa_May_Alcott
* Link to the title on Wikipedia, if it has its own page: n/a
* Original publication date: 1863
* Any special notes for your project: Gender-specific casting please
* The list of characters in your DR:
Miss Dane (narrator, claimed by jennlea)
Doctor Franck
Bob (Note: Bob uses the “n” word one time in reference to other black soldiers.)
Captain Fairfax
A Soldier Boy
A Mother

Can you please also include the following in the first post:
Note: This story takes place during the Civil War. Some of the dialogue uses a dialect that aligns with the time period. It may be considered stereotypical and/or offensive to modern readers. Please only claim a part for which you are comfortable being true to text as written.
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Thank you Jenn, I'll get this set up later today. :D