Plays and other dramatic works
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Thank you.
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

jennlea wrote: March 30th, 2024, 12:46 pm
BrianFullen wrote: March 28th, 2024, 4:39 pm Captain Fairfax reporting for duty, at 1:06, sir! Did I miss reveille?

https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/drcollection5_brothers_fairfax.mp3
Thank you, Brian! Captain Fairfax is PL-OK!. Love the accent!
Thanks, Jenn, that's kind of you to say. The thing is that I can't stop talking that way now and my wife is looking at me as though there's something wrong with me. Or it could be that she's always looked at me as though I need fixed. That's probably what holds her interest. She is a fixer, that one! :)
Thank you! You know who you are! :D
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

For Brothers I notice it says it's gender specific but then it doesn't note anywhere what the genders of the characters are that I can see? Some are self-explanatory but doctors can be either gender and Franck is presumably the last name so also doesn't help narrow down gender, I'd guess from the time period it's supposed to be a male doctor so I'm negated from doing it but I thought I'd double check
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Inkell wrote: March 30th, 2024, 3:39 pm For Brothers I notice it says it's gender specific but then it doesn't note anywhere what the genders of the characters are that I can see? Some are self-explanatory but doctors can be either gender and Franck is presumably the last name so also doesn't help narrow down gender, I'd guess from the time period it's supposed to be a male doctor so I'm negated from doing it but I thought I'd double check
I apologize. That would have been helpful information for me to include. The doctor is male in this story.

redrun- could you please add a note to the MW that Dr. Franck, Bob, and Soldier Boy are male characters.
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

So noted. :thumbs:
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

redrun wrote: March 30th, 2024, 5:52 pm So noted. :thumbs:
Appreciate it! Thanks!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Could I take the role of Bob in The Brothers? Complex character in a tragic story . . . .

~ Larry
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

silverquill wrote: March 30th, 2024, 6:08 pm Complex character in a tragic story . . . .
You or Bob or both, Larry? Sorry. It's really none of my business but my curiosity was piqued.
Thank you! You know who you are! :D
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

silverquill wrote: March 30th, 2024, 6:08 pm Could I take the role of Bob in The Brothers? Complex character in a tragic story . . . .
I would love for you to read Bob, Larry! I have a feeling I will get choked up multiple times while narrating this and putting it together. I don’t often lean towards such tragic stories to BC, but something about this one called to me.
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

My curiosity is piqued as well. Due to an accident of fate (being on mobile, I can't rearrange the order in the MW), you are currently #41. If you come out as well as Judah Ben Hur, tragedy will not be how you end. :wink:
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

Is Dr. Franck still open in "The Brothers?" If so, may I claim?

Thanks!

Greg
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Was still open, yes! Assigned to you, and MW updated.
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

redrun wrote: March 30th, 2024, 9:02 pm Was still open, yes! Assigned to you, and MW updated.
Thank you!
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

GregGiordano wrote: March 30th, 2024, 8:43 pm Is Dr. Franck still open in "The Brothers?" If so, may I claim?

Thanks!

Greg
Would love to have you read Dr. Franck! Thanks, Greg!
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
Bookworm360

Post by Bookworm360 »

How about another Sherlock Holmes story? It is The Adventure of the Speckled Band, naturally by Arthur Conan Doyle.
Link to original: https://gutenberg.org/cache/epub/1661/pg1661-images.html
Link to script: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1B0xy2g0RQDibyz5OehCj66dUbxvzJqC6Xf-gFytkmDw/edit?usp=sharing
Link to author: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Conan_Doyle (Jul. 7, 1930)
Link to title: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventure_of_the_Speckled_Band
Publication date: February 1892
Additional notes: Casting is ideally gender-perfect with British accents, but if you really want to do this and can't fulfill these, it's all right too. :thumbs: I am Julia Stoner, editor, and PL.
Roles:
Sherlock Holmes
Narrator(Dr. John Watson)
Helen Stoner—should sound very nervous throughout the whole narrative.
Julia Stoner—Claimed by Bookworm360
Dr. Grimesby Roylott—Very angry and temperamental. Few lines but an important character.
Driver
Well, that's all the intel! Anyone else interested?
2 Timothy 1:7. Look it up.
Specializing in Middle-Earth🧝‍♀️, classics📖, and art🎨🖌