DR Scene & Story Collection 5 - rr

Plays and other dramatic works
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Hi redrun,

With your kind permission I would like to 'bag my limit' of two.

Thank you for your consideration.

Brian

Project: This Finer Shadow, Chapter 11, by Harlan Cozad McIntosh (1908 - 1940)
PD Source: https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/64251
Script: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pusP335QNR2GIPmbSa_lZVG_0-CZB5PL/view?usp=sharing
First Published: 1941 (posthumously)

Wikipedia links to author and book were not found.

Roles: Martin (lead), Deane (main), "Cat" (incidental), "Flower Lady" (incidental), Narrator
Word count: 2,856 (excluding header, trailer and cast of characters)
Mobsters - you don't have to be larcenous, you can pretend - needed for Gold-Killer
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Sounds good, thank you! I'll get it set up as I get time tomorrow.
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

BrianFullen wrote: March 20th, 2024, 9:20 pm With your kind permission I would like to 'bag my limit' of two.
Brian,

Sorry to bring bad news, but I'm afraid you're at your overall DR limit of two! The Ring of Nibelung is a play, but Gold-Killer is a DR, and Knight's Move is a DR. When either of those finishes (likely Knights Move will be first), we can launch your next DR for this collection. :wink:
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

BrianFullen wrote: March 20th, 2024, 11:43 am https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/drcollection5_whiteelephants_theman.mp3
(6:12)
Like, the hills are alive with the trumpeting of white elephants ...

Brian "The Man" Fullen

Is okay for me to say that? Too late. I said it and that's just the way it is.
PL OK! Thank you!
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Thank you. :D
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

redrun wrote: March 21st, 2024, 7:46 am
BrianFullen wrote: March 20th, 2024, 9:20 pm With your kind permission I would like to 'bag my limit' of two.
Brian,

Sorry to bring bad news, but I'm afraid you're at your overall DR limit of two! The Ring of Nibelung is a play, but Gold-Killer is a DR, and Knight's Move is a DR. When either of those finishes (likely Knights Move will be first), we can launch your next DR for this collection. :wink:
:cry: :cry: :cry: I needed a good cry! I'm over it. :D Seriously, I had read about the two DR limit but I wasn't sure how it applied to Scene & Story collections. Now I know. Think of me as a 2 year old. I have to test the limits to know what I can get away with. My bad! Off to time out with me and I won't sulk - too much! :lol:
Mobsters - you don't have to be larcenous, you can pretend - needed for Gold-Killer
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

Well maybe this will cheer you up Brian and get you closer to finishing this DR for another one because here is Havelock:

https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/drcollection5_knightsmove_havelock.mp3 (29 mins, 34 secs)

Hope you are ready to hear about Ferguson :thumbs:
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Inkell wrote: March 21st, 2024, 1:45 pm Well maybe this will cheer you up Brian and get you closer to finishing this DR for another one because here is Havelock:

https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/drcollection5_knightsmove_havelock.mp3 (29 mins, 34 secs)

Yay! I'll be busy for at least the next 29:34. Thanks.
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

BrianFullen wrote: March 21st, 2024, 2:00 pm
Inkell wrote: March 21st, 2024, 1:45 pm Well maybe this will cheer you up Brian and get you closer to finishing this DR for another one because here is Havelock:

Yay! I'll be busy for at least the next 29:34. Thanks.
Not done yet. Had to hit pause to look up Schrecklichkeit - yeah, yeah, I should have done that ages ago, I know - anyway I thought I might have wanted to book passage on it. Eeeek! It means,
A general atmosphere or situation of awfulness or dread. -- your friends at Wicktionary
. Why would anyone sail on a ship named that? You'd have to be crazy! By the way, nice job :clap: on "post hoc propter hoc", whatever that means. I'm afraid to look it up.
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

When will I ever learn not to pause in mid PL? People see you with your head set off and they think it's alright to talk to you. Even ask you to do stuff. I suppose I should be happy that my wife trusts me to do the laundry again; the last time I used the washing machine I nearly burned down the house! I'm not particularly good at chores. Or anything really. It'll take a little longer to finish the PL because now I'm supposed to go pick up pizza for dinner. We used to have it delivered because pizza delivery people have to eat too and it's how they earn their living. But they always got the order wrong. Maybe I could get a job doing that? Now I'm supposed to pick it up and check that it's properly made. I always forget to check, though, because I chat with the woman that works the cash register who I think is sweet on me. But I think any woman who talks to me is sweet on me. So, who knows. Maybe she just wants a tip. Ciao! Still PL'ing and still enjoying. Especially the bit about "don't interrupt me .... I'll hit you with all the strength I've got", That's not the first time you've told someone that. It sounded entirely too natural. It was eerily frightening with the quiet first part and the thundering second. :lol:
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

:thumbs: That was wonderful, you hulking Dane who isn't really a Dane, at all, and possibly not even really so hulking. I enjoyed every minute. Thanks, Inkell, you're the best.

PL OK!
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

BrianFullen wrote: March 21st, 2024, 5:28 pm :thumbs: That was wonderful, you hulking Dane who isn't really a Dane, at all, and possibly not even really so hulking. I enjoyed every minute. Thanks, Inkell, you're the best.

PL OK!
Haha I was just about to reply to your other posts! Thanks Brian, I'm glad you enjoyed the recording :thumbs:

I also did not know what that German ship name meant until you just told me and that is ominous, were they trying to scare German-speakers away from that ship or something? Or do Germans like naming their ships negative things for some reason? Weird
BrianFullen

Post by BrianFullen »

Inkell wrote: March 21st, 2024, 5:41 pm
BrianFullen wrote: March 21st, 2024, 5:28 pm :thumbs: That was wonderful, you hulking Dane who isn't really a Dane, at all, and possibly not even really so hulking. I enjoyed every minute. Thanks, Inkell, you're the best.

PL OK!
Haha I was just about to reply to your other posts! Thanks Brian, I'm glad you enjoyed the recording :thumbs:

I also did not know what that German ship name meant until you just told me and that is ominous, were they trying to scare German-speakers away from that ship or something? Or do Germans like naming their ships negative things for some reason? Weird
I brought home the wrong pizza again, darn it! Why do people care what the toppings are? It's pizza! Thanks Inkell for putting up with all my silliness ... if that's what it is!
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

MW updated, thank you.

Edit: And got Godfrey too. :thumbs:
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Godfrey Emsworth in The Adventure of the Blanched Soldier is PL ok.
Best,
Christine