[SOLO] Betty Wales Sophomore by Margaret Warde-ag

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

thechapterbrook wrote: March 16th, 2024, 7:03 pm
mleigh wrote: March 15th, 2024, 5:33 pm
thechapterbrook wrote: March 13th, 2024, 7:26 pm

Chapter 3 is now up : ) I had to figure out how to keep my new kitten occupied an not interrupt every five seconds with either crawling on everything or meowing sadly when locked out LOL I have a fake keyboard now and it seems to work haha
Simply love the bohemian girl. She is delightful. Another wonderful recording that needs just one small change and then it should be PL OK.

The volume is too high. If you can reduce it around 3 dB is should be near the near the LibriVox ideal. It needs to be reduced by at least 1 dB.

Thanks,

M
Oops! That is fixed and I have uploaded through chapter five. Madeline is great. Makes you want to live in Bohemia! And I wish my college life had been so full of lovely people and simple, fun times!
Chapter 3 is now PL OK.

Chapter 4 is PL OK.

Chapter 5 needs one word changed.

1:19 Should be "college" not "society" in helping the poorer members of the college "
(wouldn't be quite as charitable an organization if they only raised money for themselves. :D )

Your singing was wonderful. Such fun to listen to your recordings.

Thanks,

M
thechapterbrook

Post by thechapterbrook »

Ha! Yes, thanks for the catch! That wouldn't be much of a society, would it? That chapter is fixed.
I have uploaded 6 and 7 as well. Poor Eleanor is being difficult again. I love the frank insights of Katherine!
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

thechapterbrook wrote: March 30th, 2024, 6:23 pm Ha! Yes, thanks for the catch! That wouldn't be much of a society, would it? That chapter is fixed.
I have uploaded 6 and 7 as well. Poor Eleanor is being difficult again. I love the frank insights of Katherine!
What is going on with Eleanor? She seemed to have become friendlier. :hmm:

Chapter 5 is PL OK.

Chapter 6 needs one name change.
10:15 should be "Miss King" not "Miss Kittridge" in " and none at all with Miss King, more's the pity."

Chapter 7 is PL OK.

Great job with all.

Thanks,

M
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Chapter 6 is now PL OK. :)

M
thechapterbrook

Post by thechapterbrook »

mleigh wrote: April 13th, 2024, 6:14 pm Chapter 6 is now PL OK. :)

M
Thank you! Chapter 7 is up. I have been ill with barely any voice for around two weeks! I think my voice sounds a bit different, but hopefully not too much in this chapter! I think the story about keeping the maid money is hilarious!
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

thechapterbrook wrote: April 14th, 2024, 5:29 pm
mleigh wrote: April 13th, 2024, 6:14 pm Chapter 6 is now PL OK. :)

M
Thank you! Chapter 7 is up. I have been ill with barely any voice for around two weeks! I think my voice sounds a bit different, but hopefully not too much in this chapter! I think the story about keeping the maid money is hilarious!
I hope you are feeling better. This was a fun chapter. I enjoyed the maid story, except for the fact that she got sent away. But she was thinking of a more impoverished student. I want to know what society Betty ends up in and what happens to her roommate.

There is just one small phrase that needs to be deleted and then it should be PL OK.

13:45 please delete "and it must be" as it is corrected immediately following "Then it must—oh, it must be Eleanor!"

Good recording overall.

Thanks,

M