COMPLETE The Rising Tide of Color by Lothrop Stoddard - rr

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
RoundTableKnight

Post by RoundTableKnight »

Section 13
05:29: Russia was on the verge of social REVOLT rather than REVOLUTION.
Readerad

Post by Readerad »

Section 18 is up. Correction made to section 13.
RoundTableKnight

Section 14 complete, all good.
RoundTableKnight

Section 15 complete, all good.
Readerad

Post by Readerad »

Section 19 is up.
RoundTableKnight

Section 16 complete, all good.
RoundTableKnight

Section 17
26:45 'damage' rather than 'danger'
RoundTableKnight

Section 18 complete, all good.
RoundTableKnight

Section 19 complete, all good.
Readerad

Post by Readerad »

Correction made to section 17.
Readerad

Post by Readerad »

redrun wrote: February 26th, 2024, 11:48 am
Readerad wrote: February 26th, 2024, 11:36 am I've uploaded the preface. It runs 5:11 in length.
Alright! This is the point in the process where the Book Coordinator enters that link and duration in to the Magic Window, and updates the status for that section to "Ready for PL". You've been in group projects before that had someone else as BC, but this time around, it's you. :D

Full instructions are here:
https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Soloists:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window
Alright, this book is done. Thanks for your help redrun and RoundTableKnight! What do we do now?
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

After the corrected chapters have been "Spot-PL'd", I'll be able to catalog!

I noticed that chapter 17 was just marked as "PL OK" after your fixes, but that should be done only by the Proof Listener! When you upload a new version, it should go in as "Ready for spot PL". I've adjusted chapter 17's status, but if there are more corrections you've set this way, I'll need you to update their status as well.

Chapters don't need to be re-listened entirely after fixes, but they do need to have the technical aspects re-checked, and the fixes confirmed. Among other reasons, it's not uncommon for the re-upload to fail, leaving the original (unfixed) version still on our servers. We need someone else to confirm both the technical specs and the edits.
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
RoundTableKnight

redrun wrote: March 26th, 2024, 7:03 pm After the corrected chapters have been "Spot-PL'd", I'll be able to catalog!

I noticed that chapter 17 was just marked as "PL OK" after your fixes, but that should be done only by the Proof Listener! When you upload a new version, it should go in as "Ready for spot PL". I've adjusted chapter 17's status, but if there are more corrections you've set this way, I'll need you to update their status as well.

Chapters don't need to be re-listened entirely after fixes, but they do need to have the technical aspects re-checked, and the fixes confirmed. Among other reasons, it's not uncommon for the re-upload to fail, leaving the original (unfixed) version still on our servers. We need someone else to confirm both the technical specs and the edits.
Ok, even though the reader has been marking 'PL OK' rather than 'Ready for spot PL', I've been re-listening and confirming all edits.
Readerad

Post by Readerad »

Section 17 was the only one we accidentally left as "PL Ok." For every other section that needed changes we used the "ready for spot PL" function. I'm going to go ahead and mark section 17 as "ready for spot PL" right now for formality's sake.
RoundTableKnight

Readerad wrote: March 27th, 2024, 4:44 pm Section 17 was the only one we accidentally left as "PL Ok." For every other section that needed changes we used the "ready for spot PL" function. I'm going to go ahead and mark section 17 as "ready for spot PL" right now for formality's sake.
I re-listened to the spot on section 17. It's ok now.