SOLO A Study of the Bhâgavata Purâna; or, Esoteric Hinduism by Pürnendu Narayana Sinha-brrot

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
colincosta

Post by colincosta »

A Study of the Bhâgavata Purâna; or, Esoteric Hinduism, by Pürnendu Narayana Sinha
The Bhagavata is the most popular of all Puranas and it is held in the highest esteem by Vaishnavas in all parts of India. It was the most authoritative book with such religious teachers as Shri Chaitanya. Several commentaries have been written on this great work. It is however strange that there has been so much discussion about the authoritative character of the work. The readers are all familiar with that discussion and I need not refer to it further than to say that the discussion does not in any way affect the intrinsic merit of the book, and the verdict of the public is so certain in this respect that the book will continue to be the most popular of all Puranas, despite anything that may be said as to its authorship or the period of its appearance. (Summary by https://www.forgottenbooks.com/)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/39442

Target completion date:

Prooflistening level: Special
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Religion/Other religions

Keywords that describe the book: religion, Indian, hinduism, hindu, sanatana dharma, bhagavata puran, bhagavatam, vishnu's avatars, itihas

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section # of A Study of the Bhâgavata Purâna; or, Esoteric Hinduism. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "A Study of the Bhâgavata Purâna; or, Esoteric Hinduism, by Pürnendu Narayana Sinha. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section # of A Study of the Bhâgavata Purâna; or, Esoteric Hinduism, by Pürnendu Narayana Sinha. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of A Study of the Bhâgavata Purâna; or, Esoteric Hinduism, by Pürnendu Narayana Sinha."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: bhagavatapurana_###_narayanasinha_128kb.mp3 where ### is the section number. (e.g. bhagavatapurana_001_narayanasinha_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: brownrottger

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Hello Sagar, I will MC and DPL this project for you. Since it is your first solo, you will need to learn a bunch of new things. I will be right back with your Magic Window and then you can get started! :D
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Hello again Sagar,
Your Magic Window is in place. As Soloist, you are your own Book Coordinator (BC). Since this is your first Solo, you will need to follow the instructions for first time BC login. For your convenience, here are the instructions for that excerpted from the guidelines for BCs.
Accessing the System – First Time Login

Use this Link to go the main login screen: http://librivox.org/workflow
Click on Login (for BCs & MCs)
Enter your forum username.
Click “Forgot Password” (Note: Your forum password will not work here!!)
You will receive an email with a link to reset your password. Click the link and enter a password and submit the form.
Go back to the main login screen and use the new password you entered above to log in to the system.

Here is a link for more detailed instructions: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Soloists:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window#Accessing_the_System_%E2%80%93_First_Time_Login

If there is any problem, please let me know.

Best,
Christine
colincosta

Post by colincosta »

Hi Christine,

Thank you for setting this project up for me and sharing the necessary resources.

I am excited to start recording the book soon.

Cheers,
Sagar
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

colincosta wrote: February 24th, 2024, 2:07 am Hi Christine,

Thank you for setting this project up for me and sharing the necessary resources.

I am excited to start recording the book soon.

Cheers,
Sagar
Great! I certainly look forward to hearing it! Off to Going Solo!
colincosta

Post by colincosta »

Christine,

I have uploaded the first section, Preface, ready for PL review.

Regards,
Sagar
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

colincosta wrote: February 25th, 2024, 1:14 pm Christine,

I have uploaded the first section, Preface, ready for PL review.

Regards,
Sagar
Excellent. This is in line for PL.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Section 0 Excellent job. Very clear and interesting recording!
0:01 should be "Section 0" or, alternatively, "Preface" is great here.
6:30 should be "End of Section 1 or, alternatively, "End of Preface"
You have an extra .mp3 on the filename please remove before you reupload.
Best,
Christine
colincosta

Post by colincosta »

Thank you Christine, that was fast.

Yes, I missed the fact that the section numbers start from 0 until after I have recorded. I forgot to change that in the recording. I will fix it.

In the meantime, I have uploaded Section 1 for your review.

Cheers,
Sagar
colincosta

Post by colincosta »

Christine, Section 0 has been updated.

Regards,
Sagar
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Hi Sagar, I will PL that today. Regarding the Summary. Librivox discourages use of the summary of other websites. Their text, even if just a summary, may be copyrighted. Can you paraphrase and or come up with your own?
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Section 1
0:16 missing part of Section Title "Chapter 1" just after "Skanda I"
Reduce ending silence by 1 second so that it can be total of 5 seconds.
Thanks!
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Section 0 is PL ok.
colincosta

Post by colincosta »

Hi Christine,

Thanks for your feedback on Section 1. I have reduced the silence at the end by 1 second.

As for the chapter, I have changed the section title, and do not intend to use chapter numbers going forward. This is to avoid any confusion, as the book is a commentary on another set of books, and refers to the set of books with "Skandas and Chapters".

I also have section 2 ready for your review.

Regards,
Sagar
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Sections 1 and 2 are PL ok.
Thanks!