[FULL] Battle-Pieces by Herman Melville -jo

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

silverquill wrote: April 5th, 2024, 11:21 am Sections 9 and 54 can be marked PL OK!
Making good progress here.
Thanks Larry
Yes, the project is moving on well. There is one more long poem to come and I am planning to read that one myself as well.
Interestingly the version of section 9 (Donelson) already in the catalogue only lasts 19 minutes which shows how much more slowly than other people I read :roll:
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

alanmapstone wrote: April 5th, 2024, 11:51 am
silverquill wrote: April 5th, 2024, 11:21 am Sections 9 and 54 can be marked PL OK!
Making good progress here.
Thanks Larry
Yes, the project is moving on well. There is one more long poem to come and I am planning to read that one myself as well.
Interestingly the version of section 9 (Donelson) already in the catalogue only lasts 19 minutes which shows how much more slowly than other people I read :roll:
Usually slower is better with poetry.
I like looking at the recording times in the weekly and fortnightly poems. I usually fall somewhere in the middle. But, you're familiar with my style by this point. :lol:

~ Larry
MickyF

Post by MickyF »

I can do 34 & 35 if they are not yet taken!

Let me know,

Micky
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

silverquill wrote: April 5th, 2024, 12:06 pm Usually slower is better with poetry.
I like looking at the recording times in the weekly and fortnightly poems. I usually fall somewhere in the middle. But, you're familiar with my style by this point. :lol:
I usually find with the Weekly/Fortnightly poems that my recording is longer than anyone else's :wink:
Alan
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

MickyF wrote: April 5th, 2024, 12:49 pm I can do 34 & 35 if they are not yet taken!
Hi Micky
Welcome to Librivox
I see that you have completed your 1 minute test :thumbs:
I need to register you as a Reader. Please let me know what name you would like to appear in the catalogue with your recordings. This can be your forumname, real name or anything else.
Meanwhile I have reserved section 34 for you. As this will be your first recording I will ask you to do this one first and then assign you other sections :wink:
Alan
MickyF

Post by MickyF »

Thank you! You can use "Micky Ferguson"

Here is my attempt at 34: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/battlepieces_34_melville_128kb.mp3

Let me know if you have any notes! I also did a recording of 35 for fun that I can upload if this recording is suitable.

Thank you,

Micky
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

MickyF wrote: April 5th, 2024, 2:40 pm Thank you! You can use "Micky Ferguson"
Here is my attempt at 34: https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/battlepieces_34_melville_128kb.mp3
Let me know if you have any notes! I also did a recording of 35 for fun that I can upload if this recording is suitable.
Thank you for the quick turnaround. I will Proof Listen (PL) this tomorrow and post any notes.
To see your Reader Page click on your name in the Magic Window (MW)
Alan
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Hi Micky
PL notes for section 34:
The text is correct and well read :thumbs:
Just one correction is needed, the opening silence should be 0.5-1 seconds and the end silence should be 5 seconds (these rules apply to all Librivox recordings). Please make these corrections and upload again with the same filename.

I have now assigned section 35 to you so you can upload your recording of that. But please ensure that the start and end silences are correct as specified above.
Alan
BobbyBreadshower

Post by BobbyBreadshower »

Hello,

May I read for sections 51 and 52?
I'm Afraid of Americans - David Bowie
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

BobbyBreadshower wrote: April 6th, 2024, 9:14 am Hello,
May I read for sections 51 and 52?
Hi Bobby
Welcome to Librivox :wink:
As this will be your first recording I have assigned section 51 to you and will ask you to complete that section first after which I will assign you other sections. Let's take one step at a time.
Good Luck 🤞
Alan
MickyF

Post by MickyF »

alanmapstone wrote: April 5th, 2024, 11:57 pm
Hi Micky
PL notes for section 34:
The text is correct and well read :thumbs:
Just one correction is needed, the opening silence should be 0.5-1 seconds and the end silence should be 5 seconds (these rules apply to all Librivox recordings). Please make these corrections and upload again with the same filename.

I have now assigned section 35 to you so you can upload your recording of that. But please ensure that the start and end silences are correct as specified above.
Copy that! Here is section 34 with the pauses:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/battlepieces_34_melville_128kb.mp3

And here is section 35:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/battlepieces_35_melville_128kb.mp3

Let me know if you have any more notes!

Thank you!

Micky
Majenko

Post by Majenko »

I quite fancy section 40 if it's available...
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Majenko wrote: April 6th, 2024, 1:55 pm I quite fancy section 40 if it's available...
Hi
Welcome to Librivox
Section 40 is assigned to you
Good Luck!
Alan
Majenko

Post by Majenko »

Here's section 40.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/battlepieces_40_melville_128kb.mp3
Duration: 00:02:54.63, start: 0.025057, bitrate: 128 kb/s
Stream #0:0: Audio: mp3, 44100 Hz, mono, fltp, 128 kb/s

(edit: I just realised I missed out the .org on librivox, so re-uploaded)
VOvortex12

Post by VOvortex12 »