OPEN [PLAYS] Greek Myths and Hero Tales, by Comstock - thw

Plays and other dramatic works
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

alanmapstone wrote: March 24th, 2024, 1:46 pm Shall I read Fourth Countryman in Latona as he is the only one left?
That'd be great! Thank you, Alan, gives us another filled up play :thumbs:
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

ToddHW wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 4:05 pm Here is Mercury.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mythsandhero_mercury_perseusandmedusa.mp3

Thanks, Todd
Thanks, Todd. Nicely done. Just a few small changes needed:
  • There are two renditions of your role name, one with the name of the play, and one without. Only the second one is needed. It’s likely not a big deal, but since there are other changes, perhaps you could delete the first?
  • At 0:14, you’ve pronounced Perseus as Per-see-us, but the pronunciation guide requires it to be said as Pur-Soos.
  • At 0:16, 0:23, and 1:02, there’s more silence needed to bring the silence between speeches up to at least 3 seconds.
Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

ToddHW wrote: March 24th, 2024, 11:13 am
Mercury for Pandora: at 0:20, Epimetheus and Prometheus should have the single-syllable ending, "-thoos"
Fixed and reuploaded for Spot PL.

Thanks, Todd
Mercury for Pandora is PL OK :thumbs:
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

Inkell wrote: March 24th, 2024, 9:08 am
LCaulkins wrote: March 24th, 2024, 6:46 am Hi there! I have one note for you regarding the pronunciation chart that Inkell's asked us to be true to:

Mercury for Pandora: at 0:20, Epimetheus and Prometheus should have the single-syllable ending, "-thoos"

Mercury for Transformation of Io and for Phaethon are both PL OK :thumbs: :thumbs:
Thanks Lynette! MW updated :thumbs:

And since Transformation of Io isn't the one with PL notes I can actually begin editing it our soon-to-be second finished play
Hey! I've got Io's play on my queue. What are you looking for when we PL the final files - just basically making sure all lines are assembled correctly, or do you like getting notes about the listening experience as well (comments regarding pacing, spacing, loudness differences, etc.)?
~Lynette * -
Fancy some fun character recording? Small parts needed in these dramatic novels: Clouds of Witness | Ivanhoe (DR)
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

Thank you both, MW updated :thumbs:
LCaulkins wrote: March 24th, 2024, 3:04 pm Hey! I've got Io's play on my queue. What are you looking for when we PL the final files - just basically making sure all lines are assembled correctly, or do you like getting notes about the listening experience as well (comments regarding pacing, spacing, loudness differences, etc.)?
I'm open to comments on the listening experience, I am still quite new to this after all and would like to improve just maybe note what of your issues are essential and what is optional
LCaulkins

Post by LCaulkins »

will do :)
~Lynette * -
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Winnifred wrote: March 24th, 2024, 2:58 pm
ToddHW wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 4:05 pm Here is Mercury.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mythsandhero_mercury_perseusandmedusa.mp3

Thanks, Todd
Thanks, Todd. Nicely done. Just a few small changes needed:
  • There are two renditions of your role name, one with the name of the play, and one without. Only the second one is needed. It’s likely not a big deal, but since there are other changes, perhaps you could delete the first?
  • At 0:14, you’ve pronounced Perseus as Per-see-us, but the pronunciation guide requires it to be said as Pur-Soos.
  • At 0:16, 0:23, and 1:02, there’s more silence needed to bring the silence between speeches up to at least 3 seconds.
Cheers,
Fixed and uploaded for Spot PL.

Thanks, Todd
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

ToddHW wrote: March 24th, 2024, 4:51 pm Fixed and uploaded for Spot PL.

Thanks, Todd
Spot PL OK!

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Somnus in Ceyx and Halcyone is PL OK

Iris in Ceyx and Halcyone is PL OK

Mercury in Philomena and Baucis is PL OK

Mercury in Proserpina is PL OK
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Slave in Midas and Bacchus is PL OK

Tmolus in Midas and Apollo is PL OK
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

Thank you all! MW updated :thumbs:

I have also changed Owler's and Salvationist's to PL OK with optional PL notes because her issues were voice credits and cut out the extra bit in editing and his were optional changes but the rest were all pronunciation or missing lines so they need to be changed
alanmapstone wrote: March 25th, 2024, 3:48 am 4th countryman in Latona

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mythsandhero_4thcountryman_latona.mp3
Thanks Alan! :thumbs:

LCaulkins, this is one for you
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Ikestudios wrote: March 20th, 2024, 1:28 pm Here are the new fixed files: :?

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/mythsandhero_orpheus_orpheusandeurydice.mp3
You're almost there on Orpheus. Just three small corrections needed:
  • The sample rate should be 441000 Hz, yours is 48000 Hz, please fix that when you re-export the file.
  • At 1:49, I hear “by the love that untied you two..” but the text reads “by the love that united you two…”
  • At 4:10, I hear “…he refused my entries…” but the text reads “…he refused my entreaties…”
Thanks,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

Thank you both! MW updated :thumbs:
This is one for LCaulkins and a Spot PL for alanmapstone