1- minute test recording

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files.
bingha

Post by bingha »

Hello, thank you for the feedback. I have made tweaks to things required to do so. I hope this new version is better. https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test2_bingha.mp3
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

bingha wrote: February 8th, 2024, 4:02 pm Hello, thank you for the feedback. I have made tweaks to things required to do so. I hope this new version is better. https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/test2_bingha.mp3

1 Minute Test Feedback:

Welcome to Librivox Bingha and thanks for posting your test file. We look forward to you joining the community!

Reading Feedback:
You have a bright, animated voice.

Technical Feedback:
  • 00:00 The volume of this track is 95.91dB. LV requires the overall volume for the track (measured by ReplayGain - you can try this tool if you want to check the volume) to be between 86-92dB (with 89dB being the ideal). The easiest way to fix this automatically is to use the 'Loudness Normalization' effect (set to -19LUFS in 'perceived loudness' mode) in recent versions of Audacity before exporting the track as an MP3. If you use RMS normalization, set it to -21dB. Another way to fix it would be to use the Amplify effect set to -7dB.
  • 00:00 Note (no change needed): The recording was quite heavy on treble which gives it clarity at the expense of warmth and body. An easy way to even this out is to use the Audacity 'Bass and Treble' effect set to +1 on the bass. This is often caused by certain kinds of microphones (for example, headset microphones).
  • 00:00 There was some hiss on the recording. It might be the result of a low input volume from the microphone which you have subsequently amplified to hit the Librivox volume range, in which case you might want to look into increasing the source volume (moving closer to the microphone or making sure the microphone is at full volume). Another solution you can apply is noise reduction. This will reduce the hiss after recording but it does degrade the quality of the audio. Be gentle on the amount (I'd say a maximum of 6dB reduction but less is better) - many people overdo it. Another option is a noise gate.
Once you've tweaked these settings, upload the file again using the same filename (uploading to the same filename is important when you are submitting Librivox files) and post in the thread and I'll check it for you again!
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
St. Augustine (Vol.6 Psalms 126-150) 94% 3 left!
PL pls: DPL 43 27-28