pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 15 is pl ok.
Pattymarie
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Thanks, Pattymarie!

Pam
"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

"Quiet minds cannot be perplexed or frightened but go on in fortune or misfortune at their own private pace, like a clock during a thunderstorm."

Robert Louis Stevenson
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Robert Louis Stevenson
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Sections 16 and 17 are pl ok. My living room walls are decorated with prints of the work of one member of Nicholas V's coterie of artists, Fra Angelico. There's the angel Gabriel from The Annunciation and another angel playing a trumpet like instrument; both souvenirs of a trip to Florence.
Pattymarie
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Thank you, Pattymarie!

I think I know those pieces--they are sublime.

My best,

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Robert Louis Stevenson
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 18 is pl ok. This makes me strongly suspect that my professor of world literature, Sister Mary Nicholas O.P., at Dominican College of San Rafael, California, chose her religious name in honor of Pope Nicholas V. Can't write to ask her because she died decades ago at a rather young age, not much, if at all, over 60. She just suddenly, utterly unexpectedly collapsed on her way back to the beautiful Spanish styled wooden mother house with red tile roof with Spanish cupolas and from Guzman Hall where she had finished giving her last lecture on Chaucer, the love of her career, twenty minutes earlier. Last I knew, there was a graceful stone bench dedicated to her memory and engraved with the line, "Gladly would she learn and gladly teach," along the path between Guzman Hall and the college library.
Pattymarie
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

This is a sad and beautiful story, Pattymarie.

Thanks!

Pam

Robert Louis Stevenson
pnagami

Post by pnagami »

Robert Louis Stevenson