Can't find MC xxxx

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
thechapterbrook

Post by thechapterbrook »

Hello, my solo project template says that my appointed MC is xxxx, but that is not showing on the uploader as an option. What should I do?
Thank you for your help!
thechapterbrook
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

You don't have an MC yet, so you can't upload anything yet.

When you get an MC, they'll post in your thread and get you the Magic Window. They'll also replace the xxxx with their name.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Explanation:
That "xxxx" is a place-holder until someone joins your project as an MC. Before starting a solo project, we usually ask folks to do two things:
- Upload a "1-minute test" to make sure their equipment is set up properly (I see you've done this!)
- Read a couple of chapters in group projects, both to get a feel for how much work goes into each chapter, and to familiarize you with our workflow before you hop in the driver's seat.

Next steps:
I'd highly recommend doing some group chapters, but it's not a requirement. If you want to jump right in to your solo, we can move your project thread from "On Hold" into the Launchpad, where someone will join you as MC within a few days. Just post in that thread, we'll get it moved, and you'll have your MC soon.

Edit: aaand, cross-posted. Still useful information, though. :wink:
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
thechapterbrook

Post by thechapterbrook »

Thank you everyone!