[Economics] The Use of Knowledge in Society, by Friedrich Hayek - kaz

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
progressingamerica

Post by progressingamerica »

abemcconnell wrote: April 9th, 2024, 4:47 am Hayek is my favorite economist of all time. I'd love to claim the final open section (section 3).
Welcome to Librivox, I will get that section assigned.
abemcconnell

Post by abemcconnell »

progressingamerica wrote: April 9th, 2024, 6:18 am
abemcconnell wrote: April 9th, 2024, 4:47 am Hayek is my favorite economist of all time. I'd love to claim the final open section (section 3).
Welcome to Librivox, I will get that section assigned.
Thank you! I look forward to tackling this section as my first. I should have it completed by the end of this weekend.
antonyjc66

Post by antonyjc66 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/useofknowledgeinsociety_05_hayek_128kb.mp3 Section 5 Time 4.26 . Here is my complete section 5, please advise if there is anything that you need me to change . Thankyou
Antony
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 5 is PL OK.
Thank you, Antony. Short, sweet and perfect! :thumbs:
gont

Post by gont »

progressingamerica wrote: April 8th, 2024, 4:52 pm
antonyjc66 wrote: April 7th, 2024, 1:43 pm Good afternoon,

I would like to claim section 5

Thanks
Cenozar wrote: April 7th, 2024, 2:04 pm Hello,
May I take Section 6?
Regards,
Kevin
gont wrote: April 7th, 2024, 10:49 pm Hi,
May I claim section 4?
Thank you.
Sections 4, 5, and 6 have been assigned. Thanks to all of you!
Hi there,
section #4 is done:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kazbek/useofknowledgeinsociety_04_hayek_128kb.mp3 [06:35]
Let me know if you have feedback (maybe speed it up a bit?)

Regards.
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes 04

Pacing and tempo are good. But this is very dense material, so if it were me, I'd add 1/3 to 1/2 a second or so (like a breath) between sentences to give the information a chance to sink in and be savored before moving on. (Actually, I recommend on all material to honor the commas and periods with slight pauses. :) ) Also:

2:44 to dis-si-pate the dif-fer-entials, I hear dis-sip-e-ate the di-frentials
6:06 will be promptly used, I hear promptly u-. The -sed is there but so quiet it can't be easily heard. Could try to grab and amplify it, or re-record, or leave it like it is. Your choice.
gont

Post by gont »

msfry wrote: May 1st, 2024, 7:38 am PL Notes 04

Pacing and tempo are good. But this is very dense material, so if it were me, I'd add 1/3 to 1/2 a second or so (like a breath) between sentences to give the information a chance to sink in and be savored before moving on. (Actually, I recommend on all material to honor the commas and periods with slight pauses. :) ) Also:

2:44 to dis-si-pate the dif-fer-entials, I hear dis-sip-e-ate the di-frentials
6:06 will be promptly used, I hear promptly u-. The -sed is there but so quiet it can't be easily heard. Could try to grab and amplify it, or re-record, or leave it like it is. Your choice.
Hi! Great feedback, I appreciate it and can relate to what you're saying. I'll work on fixing the recording.