Group: Fantastic Fables by Ambrose Bierce - rap

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

DanielpGlover wrote: March 11th, 2024, 5:24 am Here is section 10 with the correction.
11:39

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/fantasticfables_10_bierce_128kb.mp3
Spot PL OK!

Thanks,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

Thanks, Winnifred :thumbs:
pyledriver

Post by pyledriver »

Winnifred wrote: February 19th, 2024, 6:35 pm
Nicely done. Just one small correction needed: At 6:55, there are a few words missing. I hear “‘That’s right,’ said the Pugilist, ‘if pugilism had been put down yesterday, I wouldn’t have this kind of Nose to-day.’” There should be another phrase after “said the Pugilist” that reads “‘that is right, my good friend;’”

Thanks,
11:55

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/fantasticfables_01_bierce_128kb_.mp3
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

Thank you! I have put this in for Spot PL :thumbs:
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

pyledriver wrote: March 15th, 2024, 3:57 pm
Winnifred wrote: February 19th, 2024, 6:35 pm
Nicely done. Just one small correction needed: At 6:55, there are a few words missing. I hear “‘That’s right,’ said the Pugilist, ‘if pugilism had been put down yesterday, I wouldn’t have this kind of Nose to-day.’” There should be another phrase after “said the Pugilist” that reads “‘that is right, my good friend;’”

Thanks,
11:55

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/fantasticfables_01_bierce_128kb_.mp3
This one's spot PL OK!

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

Winnifred wrote: March 15th, 2024, 8:48 pm This one's spot PL OK!

Cheers,
Thank you! And I believe with that, we are now halfway there :thumbs:
baxterphil

Post by baxterphil »

WOW My first reading and first time ever editing, will be honest and say I found this challenging at times but learnt so much in a short space of time, I Probably chose the wrong type of reading as it was my first time and wont be offended if this is not good enough and you are welcome to re-assign this reading :)

any feedback much appreciated

Thanks

Phil

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/fantasticfables_09_bierce_128kb_mp3.
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

baxterphil wrote: March 19th, 2024, 8:33 pm WOW My first reading and first time ever editing, will be honest and say I found this challenging at times but learnt so much in a short space of time, I Probably chose the wrong type of reading as it was my first time and wont be offended if this is not good enough and you are welcome to re-assign this reading :)

Thanks

Phil

Congratulations, Phil! :clap:

Your description of editing for the first time is very like how I probably would've described my first time which wasn't that long ago haha. It's usually good to start small, poetry is a great place to start because they are quite short or actually taking a role in a play/dramatic reading, there are often bit parts available that are only a line or two which are also very short. That being said this is still a good place to start, it is obviously longer than those but these sections are only 1000-2000 words long, some are two, three or even four times that length! At least now you have an idea how long this took, it should at least give you a better idea of what to expect going forward when choosing projects.

Thank you for your submission, our file name seems to be correct so good job there. I have checked and added it myself so you don't need to this time but for future reference when you post a file you are supposed to also note the file length in minutes and seconds, it gives the prooflistener an idea of how long they'll need to set aside for it and can be helpful to MCs if there's a file issue or something. Our DPL (dedicated proof listener) Winnifred should give it a listen within the next few days and let you know if you'll need to make any corrections :thumbs:
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

baxterphil wrote: March 19th, 2024, 8:33 pm WOW My first reading and first time ever editing, will be honest and say I found this challenging at times but learnt so much in a short space of time, I Probably chose the wrong type of reading as it was my first time and wont be offended if this is not good enough and you are welcome to re-assign this reading :)

Thanks

Phil

Hi Phil,

A very nice first reading! Ah, yes, I still remember that initial learning curve. You'll do just fine.

Just one small detail. All Librivox recordings need to have 5 seconds of silence at the end. Yours has only about 2 seconds. Please add enough silence to bring that up to 5 seconds (room noise, not dead silence), and reupload the file.

Thanks,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

Thank you!

By the way, I have also uploaded by own section for PL. It should already be in the MW when you are ready for it
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Inkell wrote: March 20th, 2024, 3:37 pm Thank you!

By the way, I have also uploaded by own section for PL. It should already be in the MW when you are ready for it
I saw that when I went to post Phil’s results. I’ll probably tackle it tomorrow afternoon.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Inkell

Post by Inkell »

Winnifred wrote: March 20th, 2024, 4:15 pm I saw that when I went to post Phil’s results. I’ll probably tackle it tomorrow afternoon.

Cheers,
Yeah that's fine, there's no rush :thumbs:
baxterphil

Post by baxterphil »

Thanks for the support guys thats great, I will have that ammended copy over to you soon
baxterphil

Post by baxterphil »

Inkell

Post by Inkell »

baxterphil wrote: March 21st, 2024, 3:53 am Hopefully this correct now 15.22 now :)

thanks

Phil

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/fantasticfables_09_bierce_128kb_mm.mp3
Thanks a lot for the fast correction, Phil! :thumbs: Unfortunately you have uploaded it with the wrong file now though, it needs to be the same as before not with the _mm bit added so could you please reupload it with the correct file name please?