A Collection of Family Prayers, by Samuel Palmer- brrot

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Anngella wrote: March 21st, 2024, 8:33 am Good Morning,

May I claim sections 32 and 36?
Appreciated, Angela!
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
St. Augustine (Vol.6 Psalms 126-150) 94% 3 left!
PL pls: DPL 43 27-28
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Anngella wrote: March 21st, 2024, 8:30 am Good Morning!

Section 38 is PL ready.

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/familyprayers_38_palmer_128kb.mp3
02:00
Another fine recording. PL OK.

Thanks,

M
Totyroby

Post by Totyroby »

Hello,
I would like to do Section 5 for starters. This would be my first recording project on Librivox.
WSmith356

Post by WSmith356 »

Hello! Section 31 is ready for PL.

Please let me know of any needed changes or adjustments.

Lastly, can I please have my Catalogue Name changed to "Will S"?

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/familyprayers_31_palmer_128kb.mp3

Thank you!
Will
ChristopherD

Post by ChristopherD »

Hello,

So, I'm not doing section 32 now? Because I claimed it on March 18 and the claim was accepted. But I see someone else has been assigned to it now.

Christopher
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Totyroby wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 9:10 am Hello,
I would like to do Section 5 for starters. This would be my first recording project on Librivox.
Welcome to Librivox, Totyroby!
It would be great to have you record section 5 for this project (Family Prayers). It looks like you've just passed your 1 minute test recording which means you are ready to go. Don't forget in all future recordings to make any changes that were suggested when you did the test recording (eg: if you needed to amplify, you'll need to do that for every section you submit).

Your claim is confirmed - you have one month to submit section 5. Looking forward to hearing your section and have you help out with this project!

Some common questions that new readers ask:
  • Footnotes: They are optional. You can read all, some or none. An easy way to mark them is to say 'footnote' then read the footnote then say 'end footnote'.
  • Quotes: You can mark these by saying 'quote' then reading the quote and then saying 'end quote'. You can decide whether to say quote at all - sometimes it will be clear from context. I'd suggest saying it if the quotation spans multiple sentences.
  • Non-English phrases: We do have to read them. You could 1) pronounce it however you want 2) post in this thread and ask for someone to record it for you so you can either mimic it or splice it into your own recording 3) try Forvo for individual words or the sound icon on Google Translate for a text to speech version to copy.
  • Roman numerals: Read these as their corresponding number.
  • Abbreviations: You can choose to expand these or not to. You could say 'e.g' or 'for example'.
  • Heading numbering: Sometimes books use roman numerals and digits for two different levels of headings. I think a good solution to this is to say 'first, second' etc. for roman numeral headings (I, II etc.) and 'one, two' etc. for digit headings (1, 2 etc.).
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

ChristopherD wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 12:35 pm Hello,

So, I'm not doing section 32 now? Because I claimed it on March 18 and the claim was accepted. But I see someone else has been assigned to it now.

Christopher
Hi Christopher, I'm not sure how this happened. I've PMed Angela to ask if she has done any work on this. In the worst case, both section will make it into the project - your work is not wasted!
Last edited by InTheDesert on March 23rd, 2024, 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChristopherD

Post by ChristopherD »

No worries at all! And I actually do have it completed. I thought I was only halfway done.

Christopher
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

WSmith356 wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 10:13 am Lastly, can I please have my Catalogue Name changed to "Will S"?
Christine has updated yout Catalog Name for you :)
ChristopherD

Post by ChristopherD »

I can do sections 6 & 7.
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

ChristopherD wrote: March 24th, 2024, 8:33 am I can do sections 6 & 7.
Updated!
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

WSmith356 wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 10:13 am Hello! Section 31 is ready for PL.

Please let me know of any needed changes or adjustments.

Lastly, can I please have my Catalogue Name changed to "Will S"?

Thank you!
Will
You did a terrific job with the reading. I really enjoyed listening to you. There is, however, one small thing to fix in the recording and then it should be PL OK.

please delete about 2.5 seconds from the end so that there are about 5 seconds of silence and then repost with the same filename.

Thanks,

M
JuanitaCunningham

Post by JuanitaCunningham »

Hi,

I would like to read Section 2 of the Collection of Family Prayers.

Thank you,

Juanita Cunningham
Juanita Cunningham
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

JuanitaCunningham wrote: March 25th, 2024, 11:50 am Hi,

I would like to read Section 2 of the Collection of Family Prayers.

Thank you,

Juanita Cunningham
Welcome to Librivox (again), Juanita!
It would be great to have you record section 2 for this project (Family Prayers). It looks like you've just passed your 1 minute test recording which means you are ready to go. Don't forget in all future recordings to make any changes that were suggested when you did the test recording (eg: if you needed to amplify, you'll need to do that for every section you submit).

In order to assign a section to you in the Magic Window (MW) of this project, I've entered you into the database of readers. Your reader page is accessible here and a list of your assigned sections is here (you might want to bookmark it). Your claim is confirmed - you have one month to submit section 2. Looking forward to hearing your section and have you help out with this project!

Some common questions that new readers ask:
  • Footnotes: They are optional. You can read all, some or none. An easy way to mark them is to say 'footnote' then read the footnote then say 'end footnote'.
  • Quotes: You can mark these by saying 'quote' then reading the quote and then saying 'end quote'. You can decide whether to say quote at all - sometimes it will be clear from context. I'd suggest saying it if the quotation spans multiple sentences.
  • Non-English phrases: We do have to read them. You could 1) pronounce it however you want 2) post in this thread and ask for someone to record it for you so you can either mimic it or splice it into your own recording 3) try Forvo for individual words or the sound icon on Google Translate for a text to speech version to copy.
  • Roman numerals: Read these as their corresponding number.
  • Abbreviations: You can choose to expand these or not to. You could say 'e.g' or 'for example'.
  • Heading numbering: Sometimes books use roman numerals and digits for two different levels of headings. I think a good solution to this is to say 'first, second' etc. for roman numeral headings (I, II etc.) and 'one, two' etc. for digit headings (1, 2 etc.).
WSmith356

Post by WSmith356 »

Hello mleigh,

Thank you for taking the time to proof Section 31, and for your kind words of encouragement. Most appreciated since this was my first chapter/book submission.

The ending silence section has been shortened as requested to the proper 5 seconds and resubmitted for review:

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Very best regards,
Will