Hello from Indiana

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
jcraven

Post by jcraven »

Hello: I’m Jeff Craven from Indiana, U.S. I became interested in librivox when a group of my friends and I decided to investigate if this would be a good place to “give back” some of the blessings we have received in our lives. I’m just beginning to investigate what librivox has to offer. It certainly takes a bit of digging to find the information but nothing worth doing….right?

Well I’m glad to make your acquaintance and look forward to working with some of you!

Jeff Craven
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

jcraven wrote: January 28th, 2024, 7:17 pm Hello: I’m Jeff Craven from Indiana, U.S. I became interested in librivox when a group of my friends and I decided to investigate if this would be a good place to “give back” some of the blessings we have received in our lives. I’m just beginning to investigate what librivox has to offer. It certainly takes a bit of digging to find the information but nothing worth doing….right?

Well I’m glad to make your acquaintance and look forward to working with some of you!

Jeff Craven
Welcome to Librivox, Jeff!

I agree, it takes some digging to find everything, but there are lots of helpful members who are happy to answer questions if you can't find something you're looking for. Check out the "Need Help? Got Advice? forum for a useful place to get answers.

There's more to Librivox than just reading. If you're interested, you can also "proof listen" to other people's recordings. Or create covers for the completed books.

If you want to read, your first step is to do a 1-minute test recording (1-minute test info) to make sure your recording set up is ok. Post your test in the Forum appropriately named Post Your 1-Minute Test Recording Here and an experienced LVer will review it and provide feedback (and/or approve it). This isn't an audition; it's a test of your recording setup to make sure your readings will meet Librivox technical standards. If you're using Audacity 3.4.2, check out this page for information about getting set up.

The Librivox wiki contains lots of useful information, but note that some pages are outdated (that could also use some volunteer work. :D ).

Hope that helps you get started?

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
The First Sir Percy (Scarlet Pimpernel prequel)
"The Woggle-Bug Book" in Dramatic Reading & Story Collection 5 (dramatic reading of L. Frank Baum story)