[COMPLETE] Over the Ocean to Paris, or, Ted Scott's Daring Long Distance Flight -brrot

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Another PL OK. :)

I'm rooting for Eben et al.

M
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mleigh wrote: February 11th, 2024, 8:20 pm
Another PL OK. :)

I'm rooting for Eben et al.

M
Me, too! Ted will have to go on his long flight first, I imagine.
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Great job with the chapter. It is PL OK.

M
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mleigh wrote: February 25th, 2024, 11:53 am
Great job with the chapter. It is PL OK.

M
Thank you!
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Chapters 6 and 7 are both PL OK. :)

Ted's future is starting to look better. Yea.

Looking forward to seeing what happens next.

M
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Thank you.

This is a series, though I don't know how many books there are all told. Maybe Eben will get his money one day---or even the land and hotel!
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

I don't know how I missed these posts until today. :(

Would you mind so very much going through this file again. I think it got skipped with the editing. Here are my comments for the first approximately 4 1/2 minutes.

0:15 please delete "ted scott head was" as it is corrected at 0:17 Ted Scott’s head was in a whirl"
0:47 please delete "now look here" as it is corrected at 0:49 ‘Now, look here, Ted,’’
1:42 please delete “‘What Mr. Hapworth says is of the most sens’’ as it is corrected at 1:46 “‘What Mr. Hapworth says is of the most sensible, mon ami,’’
2:04 please delete ""Is it not so?’’ “As you like,’’ " as it is corrected at 2:10 ""Is it not so?’’
“As you like,’’ assented Walter Hapworth with a bow. "
2:22 please shorten the silence a little between "feeling the" and "moisture"
3:03 and 3:06 are repeats "The men who gave them that start" and then shorten the pause afterwards
3:33 please delete "There are so many qualifications " as it is corrected at 3:36 "There are so many qualifications required of an aviator "
4:29 please delete "and for the time the subject was d" as it is corrected at 4:32 "and for the time the subject was dropped."

I wouldn't ask except for I am dealing with some significant arm pain at the moment, and while it is easy to listen to files, it is hard for me to note down corrections.

Thanks so much,

M
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mleigh wrote: March 25th, 2024, 6:52 pm
I don't know how I missed these posts until today. :(

Would you mind so very much going through this file again. I think it got skipped with the editing. Here are my comments for the first approximately 4 1/2 minutes.

0:15 please delete "ted scott head was" as it is corrected at 0:17 Ted Scott’s head was in a whirl"
0:47 please delete "now look here" as it is corrected at 0:49 ‘Now, look here, Ted,’’
1:42 please delete “‘What Mr. Hapworth says is of the most sens’’ as it is corrected at 1:46 “‘What Mr. Hapworth says is of the most sensible, mon ami,’’
2:04 please delete ""Is it not so?’’ “As you like,’’ " as it is corrected at 2:10 ""Is it not so?’’
“As you like,’’ assented Walter Hapworth with a bow. "
2:22 please shorten the silence a little between "feeling the" and "moisture"
3:03 and 3:06 are repeats "The men who gave them that start" and then shorten the pause afterwards
3:33 please delete "There are so many qualifications " as it is corrected at 3:36 "There are so many qualifications required of an aviator "
4:29 please delete "and for the time the subject was d" as it is corrected at 4:32 "and for the time the subject was dropped."

I wouldn't ask except for I am dealing with some significant arm pain at the moment, and while it is easy to listen to files, it is hard for me to note down corrections.

Thanks so much,

M
Oh I'm so sorry. Sorry about uploading the wrong file and also sorry to hear about your arm.

Take care of yourself first, please.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

The correct Chapter 8 is now up in the Magic Window. Again, I'm very sorry for the trouble I put you through with the unedited file. I hope this one is better!

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/overtheoceantoparis_08_dixon_128kb.mp3 (10:57)