OPEN[Dramatic Reading] Christmas With Grandma Elsie-mas

Plays and other dramatic works
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Christmas With Grandma Elsie, by Martha Finley (1828 - 1909)
This book is part of the Elsie Dinsmore series that was written by Martha Finley. The books focus on the life of Elsie Dinsmore and her family. Elsie is now a grown woman who has her own family. She married her childhood sweetheart Edward Travilla and they have a daughter Elsie. They are preparing for Christmas and share all the good times they spend together.

(Summary by Michele Eaton)
Advisory Content
Listeners are forewarned that some elements and characters included in this book portray certain ethnic groups in a very dated manner that modern readers, and listeners, may find offensive. Despite the racially stereotyped behaviour and pronunciation in the books, the belief is that it makes sense to read what’s written in order to be faithful to the author’s intent.

Source text https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/14534
Please only read from these documents. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Q-VZ5gELddy_hucaTNM33Tq5z_CS0mNX?usp=drive_link

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming roles: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available roles. Post a reply in this thread asking for the role you would like to record.
Please note: All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. When you submit your recording, you will be placing your recording in the public domain as well.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

For individual roles: You do not need to add the disclaimer if you are reading a part.
Submit one file per act. At the beginning of the first file, say:
"Character, read by your name."
Leave 3-5 seconds of space between your lines (room noise, not generated silence).

For narration/stage directions:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:For the narrator only
" Chapter# of Christmas With Grandma Elsie, by Martha Finley. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org."
At the end of each file say:For the narrator only
"End of Chapter #."
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Christmas With Grandma Elsie, by Martha Finley."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename:
For individual roles: christmas_role_#.mp3 where # is the chapter number. (e.g. christmas_romeo_01.mp3)
For final files: christmas_#_finley_128kb.mp3 where # is the chapter number. (e.g. christmas_01_finley_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: maryannspiegel

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
Last edited by wib66 on March 30th, 2024, 1:08 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Please do not claim parts until the magic window is populated with all the information. Thank you

I will PL all parts and final files on this project.
I am still in the process of creating the google docs for reading.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Moving this over to On Hold while those docs are in progress.

I also don't see who you have lined up as the editor. If you planned on doing that yourself, we'll need someone else to do that final proofing afterwards. :wink:
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

redrun wrote: January 28th, 2024, 8:40 pm Moving this over to On Hold while those docs are in progress.

I also don't see who you have lined up as the editor. If you planned on doing that yourself, we'll need someone else to do that final proofing afterwards. :wink:
Of course yes I will be editing so will need someone for the final PL of chapters. Thank you for the reminder.
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Hi I now have all the docs prepared so I am ready to set this project on its way. Thank you
Michele
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Alright, so the following are accounted for:
- Script (though you'll probably want to add it to the first post, when able)
- Parts-PL
- Editing

...with final proofing to be determined later, as that time approaches. Moving back to the launch pad. :D
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

redrun wrote: February 1st, 2024, 12:18 pm Alright, so the following are accounted for:
- Script (though you'll probably want to add it to the first post, when able)
- Parts-PL
- Editing

...with final proofing to be determined later, as that time approaches. Moving back to the launch pad. :D
That's great thank you
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

For the MC
Please could I have 220 sections for the MW as when I have gone through the scripts this is the number I would need so I don't have to add them individually. Many Thanks
Michele
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Michele,
I'd be happy to MC this for you. I'll get your MW set up.
MaryAnn

Edit: All set. I've shortened your file name to make things easier.
wib66

Post by wib66 »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 12:59 pm Michele,
I'd be happy to MC this for you. I'll get your MW set up.
MaryAnn

Edit: All set. I've shortened your file name to make things easier.
Thank you MaryAnn much appreciated :9:
Michele
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

I would like to claim Captain Raymond. However, I am locked out of the script. I can only read the source text.

Thank you!

Greg
wib66

Post by wib66 »

GregGiordano wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 8:45 pm I would like to claim Captain Raymond. However, I am locked out of the script. I can only read the source text.

Thank you!

Greg
Hi Greg thank you for signing up to Captain Raymond. I have set the link to open so hopefully you should be able to access the documents now. Sorry about that let me know if there are still problems accessing. Thanks
Michele
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

wib66 wrote: February 4th, 2024, 3:35 am
GregGiordano wrote: February 3rd, 2024, 8:45 pm I would like to claim Captain Raymond. However, I am locked out of the script. I can only read the source text.

Thank you!

Greg
Hi Greg thank you for signing up to Captain Raymond. I have set the link to open so hopefully you should be able to access the documents now. Sorry about that let me know if there are still problems accessing. Thanks
Thank you!
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

Hi, I would love to give Little Elsie a try :9:

Shelly
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
wib66

Post by wib66 »

ShellyW wrote: February 4th, 2024, 1:20 pm Hi, I would love to give Little Elsie a try :9:

Shelly
Thank you Shelly I will sign you up to that part.
Michele