OPEN[Dramatic Reading] Christmas With Grandma Elsie-mas

Plays and other dramatic works
IonaMuirgel2002

Post by IonaMuirgel2002 »

"A smile is a curve that sets everything straight."
-Phyllis Diller

"There’s nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer.” – Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle 8-)
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Captain Raymond chapter 1 is PL OK
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Captain Raymond Chapter 2 is PL OK
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Narrator chapters 1 and 2 are PL OK
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Mr Dinsmore Chapters 1, 2, 7, 13, 17 are all PL OK
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Narrator chapters 3 and 4 are PL OK
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

PL Notes for Mr Dinsmore Chapter 4

Missing line my apologies I did not highlight it for you in the file

0:48
'MR DINSMORE
"The right to vote at elections, my son. You can see, can't you, what harm might come from it."
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Narrator Chapter 5 is PL OK
Michele
GregGiordano

Post by GregGiordano »

wib66 wrote: March 24th, 2024, 5:20 pm Captain Raymond Chapter 2 is PL OK
Thank you proofing Captain Raymond (1 & 2). I've been holding off recording more until I received feedback. Onward to 3!
mariechristian

Post by mariechristian »

On page 9 of 18 of Chapter 6 it is read as the following:

NARRATOR:

Baby Elsie was a merry, demonstrative little thing, and it was great fun for them all to watch her and hear her shouts of delight as she came upon one treasure after another;--tiny, gaily dressed dolls of both sexes, and other toys suited to her years.

It did not take her very long to empty the stocking, and then the captain said to the older ones, "Now you may close the door, my dears, and get yourselves dressed and ready for the duties and pleasures of the day. I shall be in presently for our usual chat before breakfast."

They made haste with their dressing and were quite ready for their father when he came in some half hour later. They were very light-hearted and gay and full of gratitude for all they had received.

Should the quote from the captain be a line for him instead of the narrator?

Thanks! Marie
Marie Christian
wib66

Post by wib66 »

mariechristian wrote: March 25th, 2024, 4:06 pm On page 9 of 18 of Chapter 6 it is read as the following:

NARRATOR:

Baby Elsie was a merry, demonstrative little thing, and it was great fun for them all to watch her and hear her shouts of delight as she came upon one treasure after another;--tiny, gaily dressed dolls of both sexes, and other toys suited to her years.

It did not take her very long to empty the stocking, and then the captain said to the older ones, "Now you may close the door, my dears, and get yourselves dressed and ready for the duties and pleasures of the day. I shall be in presently for our usual chat before breakfast."

They made haste with their dressing and were quite ready for their father when he came in some half hour later. They were very light-hearted and gay and full of gratitude for all they had received.

Thanks! Marie
Hi Marie
Thank you for spotting that yes you are correct that is a line for the captain. I have now amended that thanks again much appreciated.
Michele
mariechristian

Post by mariechristian »

wib66 wrote: March 26th, 2024, 4:05 am
mariechristian wrote: March 25th, 2024, 4:06 pm On page 9 of 18 of Chapter 6 it is read as the following:

NARRATOR:

Thanks! Marie
Hi Marie
Thank you for spotting that yes you are correct that is a line for the captain. I have now amended that thanks again much appreciated.
You're welcome :D
Marie Christian
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

wib66 wrote: March 24th, 2024, 6:31 pm PL Notes for Mr Dinsmore Chapter 4

'MR DINSMORE
"The right to vote at elections, my son. You can see, can't you, what harm might come from it."
Here you go!

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/christmas_mrdinsmore_4.mp3
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
wib66

Post by wib66 »

silverquill wrote: March 26th, 2024, 2:35 pm
wib66 wrote: March 24th, 2024, 6:31 pm PL Notes for Mr Dinsmore Chapter 4

'MR DINSMORE
Here you go!

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/christmas_mrdinsmore_4.mp3
This is now PL OK thank you
Michele
mariechristian

Post by mariechristian »

Marie Christian