OPEN[Dramatic Reading] Christmas With Grandma Elsie-mas

Plays and other dramatic works
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

Thank you for this fun opportunity!
I'm a little confused about the volume on this file. the checker says it falls outside the range, but when I run it through MP3gain I get no info.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/christmas_littleelsie_5.mp3
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Hi and thank you for your files. As I am editing the files together later I can adjust the volume. However, you will need to adjust your volume for future recordings. I don't use MP3 gain as I know there has been problems with this in the past.

If you use Audacity you can add in replay gain which will help you adjust your volume.

Replay Gain
Also adding in a plug in called replay gain will help you to check your volume in Audacity. The link for the video on how to do this is below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9Uz900RNos&feature=emb_logo
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
IonaMuirgel2002

Post by IonaMuirgel2002 »

Hey, I would like to claim Zoe, but I am still not sure quite how dramatic readings work. I am in the middle of recording my second ever recording for LV, it should be done soon, and then I will be open to reading something else. I am actually recording right now :) . If it wouldn't be a bother, maybe someone could just tell me what I am supposed to do. Or, if that would take too much of their time, tell me where I can go to get the correct answers.
Thanks,
-Iona
"A smile is a curve that sets everything straight."
-Phyllis Diller

"There’s nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer.” – Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle 8-)
j0lly

Post by j0lly »

Hi:) Im 12 years old and would like to claim a childrens voice part, but I am still not sure quite how dramatic readings work:/ Im sure I'll get the hang of it though:)))
~All the best,
Joy~

I'm not just joyful, I'm jolly!<3
j0lly

Post by j0lly »

j0lly wrote: February 8th, 2024, 1:39 pm Hi:) Im 12 years old and would like to claim a childrens voice part, but I am still not sure quite how dramatic readings work:/ Im sure I'll get the hang of it though:)))
It would be very helpful if you could tell me all the child female parts please:))) <3
~All the best,
Joy~

wib66

Post by wib66 »

j0lly wrote: February 8th, 2024, 2:14 pm
j0lly wrote: February 8th, 2024, 1:39 pm Hi:) Im 12 years old and would like to claim a childrens voice part, but I am still not sure quite how dramatic readings work:/ Im sure I'll get the hang of it though:)))
It would be very helpful if you could tell me all the child female parts please:))) <3
Hi and thank you for claiming a part. The younger girls are about your age or slightly older. They are
Grace, Maud, Evelyn, Sydney, Lora.
Just let me know which one you would like to sign up to.
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

IonaMuirgel2002 wrote: February 8th, 2024, 12:46 pm Hey, I would like to claim Zoe, but I am still not sure quite how dramatic readings work. I am in the middle of recording my second ever recording for LV, it should be done soon, and then I will be open to reading something else. I am actually recording right now :) . If it wouldn't be a bother, maybe someone could just tell me what I am supposed to do. Or, if that would take too much of their time, tell me where I can go to get the correct answers.
Thanks,
-Iona
Hi Iona
I am happy to sign you up to Zoe.

For a dramatic reading it is similar to a play.

At the beginning of the file you would say

"Zoe read by Iona Muirgel"

You do not need to read the disclaimer so you can go straight into your part.

You will then read a line. After each line you should leave 4 to 5 seconds of silence and then say the next line. This helps with the editing later on.
Chapter 1
"And where does he propose to take us?" you will then leave 4 to 5 seconds of silence then say your next line.

"Surely, papa, the gentlemen also should have a voice in that,"

I hope all that makes sense but please do ask is you have any further questions.
Michele
j0lly

Post by j0lly »

wib66 wrote: February 8th, 2024, 2:43 pm
Hi and thank you for claiming a part. The younger girls are about your age or slightly older. They are
Thanks:) I will choose Grace please, looking forward to my first dramatic :)
~All the best,
Joy~

IonaMuirgel2002

Post by IonaMuirgel2002 »

Thanks so much wib66! I am sure I will enjoy this, I always wanted to try a dramatic reading! What do you mean about the disclaimer? (I'm pretty new at recording :D, and I am not very techy)
Thanks,
-Iona
"A smile is a curve that sets everything straight."
-Phyllis Diller

"There’s nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer.” – Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle 8-)
wib66

Post by wib66 »

IonaMuirgel2002 wrote: February 8th, 2024, 3:15 pm Thanks so much wib66! I am sure I will enjoy this, I always wanted to try a dramatic reading! What do you mean about the disclaimer? (I'm pretty new at recording :D, and I am not very techy)
Thanks,
-Iona
The disclaimer is
This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org."

You don't need to read this part when you are reading for a part in a play or a dramatic reading.
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

j0lly wrote: February 8th, 2024, 3:05 pm

Grace read by (your name or username)

You will then read a line. After each line you should leave 4 to 5 seconds of silence and then say the next line. This helps with the editing later on.
Chapter 1
"And where does he propose to take us?" you will then leave 4 to 5 seconds of silence then say your next line.

I hope all that makes sense but please do ask is you have any further questions.
Michele
j0lly

Post by j0lly »

wib66 wrote: February 8th, 2024, 3:19 pm
j0lly wrote: February 8th, 2024, 3:05 pm

Grace read by (your name or username)

Chapter 1

~All the best,
Joy~

j0lly

Post by j0lly »

~All the best,
Joy~

wib66

Post by wib66 »

j0lly wrote: February 8th, 2024, 3:46 pm Here is chapter 1 for Grace:) Time 0:33sec, https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/christmas_role_grace.mp3
Thank you for your first file. The example was just to show you what to do it was not one of you lines.

Please don't change the filename for this file as I can do that but if you could name them as in the first post.

christmas_role_#.mp3 where # is the chapter number. (e.g. christmas_grace_01.mp3)

This is PL OK
Michele