OPEN[Dramatic Reading] Christmas With Grandma Elsie-mas

Plays and other dramatic works
j0lly

Post by j0lly »

wib66 wrote: February 8th, 2024, 4:11 pm
j0lly wrote: February 8th, 2024, 3:46 pm Here is chapter 1 for Grace:) Time 0:33sec, https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/christmas_role_grace.mp3
Thank you for your first file. The example was just to show you what to do it was not one of you lines.

Please don't change the filename for this file as I can do that but if you could name them as in the first post.

christmas_role_#.mp3 where # is the chapter number. (e.g. christmas_grace_01.mp3)

This is PL OK
Oh perfect! Ill remember that for next time:)) Im also wondering, if I wanted to could I play another character in this play, would that be possible, or would it just mix the play up?
~All the best,
Joy~

I'm not just joyful, I'm jolly!<3
j0lly

Post by j0lly »

Here is chapter 3 for grace:) Time:2min 47sec, https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/christmas_grace_03.mp3
~All the best,
Joy~

wib66

Post by wib66 »

j0lly wrote: February 9th, 2024, 9:40 am Here is chapter 3 for grace:) Time:2min 47sec, https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/christmas_grace_03.mp3
Thank you for your section queued for PL
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
wib66

Post by wib66 »

Oh perfect! Ill remember that for next time:)) Im also wondering, if I wanted to could I play another character in this play, would that be possible, or would it just mix the play up?
Hi at the moment as this is a new project I don't want doubling up of roles especially if the characters are in the same chapter. Further down the line if there are some of the small bit parts still available and they don't clash with the part already recorded this may be considered. There are a number of projects that are looking for readers. Thank you
Michele
When you're having what you feel like is a 'bad day' and then someone comes along out of nowhere and extends to you the simplest of kind gestures, you feel it so deeply within your heart.” ―Miya Yamanouchi
IonaMuirgel2002

Post by IonaMuirgel2002 »

So, why are some of the characters in the google docs highlighted, but most of them are not? Do some characters get their own colours, or eventually do we all get ours highlighted, so we can easily find them and read them?

-Iona
"A smile is a curve that sets everything straight."
-Phyllis Diller

"There’s nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer.” – Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle 8-)
wib66

Post by wib66 »

IonaMuirgel2002 wrote: February 9th, 2024, 7:31 pm So, why are some of the characters in the google docs highlighted, but most of them are not? Do some characters get their own colours, or eventually do we all get ours highlighted, so we can easily find them and read them?

-Iona
Apart from chapter 1 the only person highlighted is the narrator. It is a lot of work to highlight all the readers. When looking for you lines when you are on the document if you do 'control+ F' then in the box that comes up you put your characters name it will then show you all the places in the document where your character speaks.
Michele
j0lly

Post by j0lly »

wib66 wrote: February 9th, 2024, 6:26 pm
Hi at the moment as this is a new project I don't want doubling up of roles especially if the characters are in the same chapter. Further down the line if there are some of the small bit parts still available and they don't clash with the part already recorded this may be considered. There are a number of projects that are looking for readers. Thank you
:) :thumbs:
~All the best,
Joy~

StaceyM2022

Post by StaceyM2022 »

Hello,

May I claim the Maud character?

Thanks,
Stacey
wib66

Post by wib66 »

StaceyM2022 wrote: February 13th, 2024, 10:01 pm Hello,

May I claim the Maud character?

Thanks,
Stacey
Thank you I will sign you up
Michele
j0lly

Post by j0lly »

Hi I'm just wondering, is chapter 3 for Grace ok? Sorry if I sound pushy, its just taking a while and I don't want to record the next chapter until I know if its right, so I don't get it wrong again :wink:
~All the best,
Joy~

mariechristian

Post by mariechristian »

I would love to narrate!
Marie :)
Marie Christian
j0lly

Post by j0lly »

Anyways, here is grace chapter 4. Time: 23 sec, https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/christmas_grace_04.mp3
~All the best,
Joy~

j0lly

Post by j0lly »

Here is chapter 5 for grace. Time: 2min 35sec, https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/christmas_grace_05.mp3
~All the best,
Joy~

wib66

Post by wib66 »

j0lly wrote: February 20th, 2024, 9:17 am Hi I'm just wondering, is chapter 3 for Grace ok? Sorry if I sound pushy, its just taking a while and I don't want to record the next chapter until I know if its right, so I don't get it wrong again :wink:
Hi I am going to be PL ing this weekend thanks.
Michele
wib66

Post by wib66 »

mariechristian wrote: February 23rd, 2024, 6:43 pm I would love to narrate!
Marie :)
That would be great.
As the narrator is a large part please let me know if you have any questions. Also it would be helpful just to check in regularly and let me know if there are any problems or delays just so I know that you are ok to continue. Please see the first post on this thread with regards to the disclaimer and file names.

Please leave at least 4-5 seconds between each chunk. So each time the narration is interrupted by a character speech, you leave ample space. It makes copy/pasting easier for the editor (me).

Also - record a voice credit for yourself in the first chapter: "Narrator, read by XXXX"
Michele