[PSYCHOLOGY] The Emotions, by James McCosh -brrot

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
haelen

Post by haelen »

Thanks, Claire. I'm having a little trouble with room acoustics and the audio quality could be better, but I'm working on it! :)

Cheers,
Tim
"Seek No Vain Conclusions"
honeybeesmeadow

Post by honeybeesmeadow »

Hi there!

May I claim Sections 13 and 14? For the catalogue, I'd like to be under the name "honeybeesmeadow".

Thank you!
- Bee
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

honeybeesmeadow wrote: March 6th, 2024, 11:19 pm Hi there!

May I claim Sections 13 and 14? For the catalogue, I'd like to be under the name "honeybeesmeadow".

Thank you!
- Bee
Welcome to Librivox Bee!
It would be great to have you record sections 13-14 for this project (Emotions). It looks like you've just passed your 1 minute test recording which means you are ready to go. Don't forget in all future recordings to make any changes that were suggested when you did the test recording (eg: if you needed to amplify, you'll need to do that for every section you submit).

In order to assign a section to you in the Magic Window (MW) of this project, I've entered you into the database of readers. Your reader page is accessible here and a list of your assigned sections is here (you might want to bookmark it). It's great that you're eager to record but many new users have trouble with their first section so instead of assigning all the sections you requested, I've just done section 13. Once that has been uploaded successfully, I would be more than happy to assign you any other sections you would like.Your claim is confirmed - you have one month to submit section 13. Looking forward to hearing your section and have you help out with this project!

Some common questions that new readers ask:
  • Footnotes: They are optional. You can read all, some or none. An easy way to mark them is to say 'footnote' then read the footnote then say 'end footnote'.
  • Quotes: You can mark these by saying 'quote' then reading the quote and then saying 'end quote'. You can decide whether to say quote at all - sometimes it will be clear from context. I'd suggest saying it if the quotation spans multiple sentences.
  • Non-English phrases: We do have to read them. You could 1) pronounce it however you want 2) post in this thread and ask for someone to record it for you so you can either mimic it or splice it into your own recording 3) try Forvo for individual words or the sound icon on Google Translate for a text to speech version to copy.
  • Roman numerals: Read these as their corresponding number.
  • Abbreviations: You can choose to expand these or not to. You could say 'e.g' or 'for example'.
  • Heading numbering: Sometimes books use roman numerals and digits for two different levels of headings. I think a good solution to this is to say 'first, second' etc. for roman numeral headings (I, II etc.) and 'one, two' etc. for digit headings (1, 2 etc.).
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
St. Augustine (Vol.6 Psalms 126-150) 94% 3 left!
PL pls: DPL 43 27-28
honeybeesmeadow

Post by honeybeesmeadow »

InTheDesert wrote: March 7th, 2024, 12:19 am
honeybeesmeadow wrote: March 6th, 2024, 11:19 pm Hi there!

Thank you!
- Bee
Welcome to Librivox Bee!
It would be great to have you record sections 13-14 for this project (Emotions). It looks like you've just passed your 1 minute test recording which means you are ready to go. Don't forget in all future recordings to make any changes that were suggested when you did the test recording (eg: if you needed to amplify, you'll need to do that for every section you submit).

In order to assign a section to you in the Magic Window (MW) of this project, I've entered you into the database of readers. Your reader page is accessible here and a list of your assigned sections is here (you might want to bookmark it). It's great that you're eager to record but many new users have trouble with their first section so instead of assigning all the sections you requested, I've just done section 13. Once that has been uploaded successfully, I would be more than happy to assign you any other sections you would like.Your claim is confirmed - you have one month to submit section 13. Looking forward to hearing your section and have you help out with this project!

Some common questions that new readers ask:
  • Footnotes: They are optional. You can read all, some or none. An easy way to mark them is to say 'footnote' then read the footnote then say 'end footnote'.
  • Quotes: You can mark these by saying 'quote' then reading the quote and then saying 'end quote'. You can decide whether to say quote at all - sometimes it will be clear from context. I'd suggest saying it if the quotation spans multiple sentences.
  • Non-English phrases: We do have to read them. You could 1) pronounce it however you want 2) post in this thread and ask for someone to record it for you so you can either mimic it or splice it into your own recording 3) try Forvo for individual words or the sound icon on Google Translate for a text to speech version to copy.
  • Roman numerals: Read these as their corresponding number.
  • Abbreviations: You can choose to expand these or not to. You could say 'e.g' or 'for example'.
  • Heading numbering: Sometimes books use roman numerals and digits for two different levels of headings. I think a good solution to this is to say 'first, second' etc. for roman numeral headings (I, II etc.) and 'one, two' etc. for digit headings (1, 2 etc.).
Great, thank you!
ShellyW

Post by ShellyW »

Cbteddy wrote: March 6th, 2024, 7:33 pm
ShellyW wrote: March 5th, 2024, 4:45 am I got myself confused by adjusting the gain as well as the amplification :hmm: I ran it through the checker and passed. Hopefully it passes on your end.

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/emotions_15_mccosh_128kb.mp3 38:16
Spot PL OK! Great job with the edits Shelly.
Whew! :clap: Thank you :wink:
Shelly
Shellyweingart.com
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

dshieber wrote: February 27th, 2024, 10:36 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/emotions_017_mccosh_128kb.mp3

Here is the first pass of The Emotions - Section 17 - The Aesthetic Part 3
Duration: 29.34
Hello! Very nice reading! Just a a few edits please:

Around 29:23 - missing "End quote" before "Bell..."
Around 24:53 - missing "End quote" before "Footnote"

Once these edits are made, please re-upload the file, under the same file name, and post in the thread so I can do a quick spot check. Thanks!
Cheers,
Claire

~~Books are like people, but usually more interesting~~
~~I'm not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter~~

Come read!
The Boys' Book of Famous Rulers by Lydia Hoyt Farmer
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

RosiesReading wrote: March 6th, 2024, 5:22 pm Hello!

Here is 12: Emotions as Directed to Animate Objects Part 1 https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/emotions_12_mccosh_128kb.mp3 (22:21)

Let me know if it needs any updates! :)

Rosie
Hello Rosie! Great job with your recording. I really enjoyed listening to your section, as you have a very nice tone and inflection. Just one edit please:

Around 8:48 - heard " our first and imperative duty is to leave them blotted out," should be "our first and imperative duty is to have them blotted out,"

Once the edit has been made, please re-upload the file, with the same filename, and post in the thread so I can do a quick spot check. Thanks!
Cheers,
Claire

~~I'm not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter~~

Come read!
dshieber

Post by dshieber »

Will do, Claire - Thank you!
dshieber

Post by dshieber »

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/emotions_017_mccosh_128kb.mp3
Here is Section 17 The Aesthetic Part 3 with the two End Quotes added before "Bell and before "Footnote

Let me know if they sound good to you.

Cheers!
Deb
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

haelen wrote: March 6th, 2024, 9:29 am Here's section 20 - 20:14

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/emotions_20_mccosh_128kb.mp3

Cheers,
Tim
Hi Tim! Very nice reading. Just a few edits please:

Ending - please add 5 seconds of silence after "End of section 20".
Around 16:45 - omitted "SECTION V. Temperament"
Around 4:32 - omitted "Two objects are before us, and we choose the one and reject the other." before " Or there may be will where there is only one object before us ; "
Cheers,
Claire

Come read!
haelen

Post by haelen »

Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

dshieber wrote: March 10th, 2024, 3:45 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/emotions_017_mccosh_128kb.mp3
Here is Section 17 The Aesthetic Part 3 with the two End Quotes added before "Bell and before "Footnote

Let me know if they sound good to you.

Cheers!
Deb
Spot PL OK! Great job with the edits!
Cheers,
Claire

Come read!
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

haelen wrote: March 11th, 2024, 1:21 am Hi Claire,

Now remedied!

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/emotions_20_mccosh_128kb.mp3

Best,
Tim
Spot PL OK! Great job!
Cheers,
Claire

Come read!
haelen

Post by haelen »

:thumbs:
dshieber

Post by dshieber »

Very good! Working on Part 2 now and will have it to you shortly. BTW...you and I BOTH share the quality of projecting feelings onto inanimate objects! There's a word for us ~ We're "anthropomorphic" (but I'm guessing you already knew that) :lol: