[PSYCHOLOGY] The Emotions, by James McCosh -brrot

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

rustypistolsonlib wrote: March 19th, 2024, 10:51 pm Hi:

I have went ahead and re-recorded the piece. This resulted into a track without hiss like character.
Section 21 - Continuous emotions Part 2 uploaded at https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/emotions_21_mccosh_128kb.mp3
Duration: 16:59 min

Thanks,
Rusty
MW updated! Hiss has been fixed :)
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
St. Augustine (Vol.6 Psalms 126-150) 94% 3 left!
PL pls: DPL 43 27-28
honeybeesmeadow

Post by honeybeesmeadow »

Hi!

Here is section 13: https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/emotions_13_mccosh_128kb.mp3
Duration: 29:35

Please let me know of any corrections to be made!

Thanks, Bee :)
TrLove

Post by TrLove »

May I claim Section 22 please?

Tina
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

TrLove wrote: March 21st, 2024, 8:58 am May I claim Section 22 please?

Tina
Assigned!
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

rustypistolsonlib wrote: March 19th, 2024, 10:51 pm
rustypistolsonlib wrote: March 19th, 2024, 7:58 pm Hi:

Section 21 - Continuous emotions Part 2 uploaded at https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/emotions_21_mccosh_128kb.mp3
Duration: 19:00 min

Thanks,
Rusty
rustypistolsonlib wrote: March 19th, 2024, 7:58 pm
InTheDesert wrote: March 17th, 2024, 9:36 pm

Hi Rusty, there are a couple of technical things that have changed since your one minute test recording. the only one that needs to be changed is the hiss, but I thought the other notes might be helpful to you too. Let me know how I can be helpful.

Section 21 PL Notes:
  • 00:00 Note (no change needed): The volume of this track is 91.63dB. LV requires the overall volume for the track (measured by ReplayGain - you can try this tool if you want to check the volume) to be between 86-92dB (with 89dB being the ideal). The file falls within the outer ends of that range and so doesn't need to be changed but watch that it doesn't end up outside the range. The easiest way to automatically set the volume is to use the 'Loudness Normalization' effect (set to -19LUFS in 'perceived loudness' mode) in recent versions of Audacity before exporting the track as an MP3. If you use RMS normalization, set it to -21dB. Another way would be to use the Amplify effect set to -3dB.
  • 00:00 Note (no change needed): This file contains some clipping. This is where the maximum possible volume is exceeded (possibly because you were too close to your microphone but possibly because the 'gain' for the channel in Audacity was pulled up above 0.0). It can't be changed after recording (unless it was caused by the Audacity gain problem) though a compressor might make it less noticeable.
  • 00:00 Note (no change needed): The recording was quite heavy on treble which gives it clarity at the expense of warmth and body. An easy way to even this out is to use the Audacity 'Bass and Treble' effect set to +1 on the bass. This is often caused by certain kinds of microphones (for example, headset microphones).
  • 00:00 There was some hiss on the recording. It might be the result of a low input volume from the microphone which you have subsequently amplified to hit the Librivox volume range, in which case you might want to look into increasing the source volume (moving closer to the microphone or making sure the microphone is at full volume). Another solution you can apply is noise reduction. This will reduce the hiss after recording but it does degrade the quality of the audio. Be gentle on the amount (I'd say a maximum of 6dB reduction but less is better) - many people overdo it. Another option is a noise gate.
Thank you for the feedback. I have replayed the recording and noticed the track is beyond repair or at least as per my skills. I am redoing the entire chapter. Will comment further soon.

Hi:

I have went ahead and re-recorded the piece. This resulted into a track without hiss like character.

Thanks,
Rusty
PL OK! Great job with your tone and pacing. I look forward to hearing more of your readings in the future!
Cheers,
Claire

~~Books are like people, but usually more interesting~~
~~I'm not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter~~

Come read!
The Boys' Book of Famous Rulers by Lydia Hoyt Farmer
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

honeybeesmeadow wrote: March 20th, 2024, 6:54 am Hi!

Here is section 13: https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/emotions_13_mccosh_128kb.mp3

Hello Bee! Welcome to Librivox and congrats on your first recording. You have a wonderful tone and I enjoyed your pacing. This section is PL OK!
Cheers,
Claire

~~I'm not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter~~

Come read!
rustypistolsonlib

Post by rustypistolsonlib »

Cbteddy wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 11:57 am
rustypistolsonlib wrote: March 19th, 2024, 10:51 pm
rustypistolsonlib wrote: March 19th, 2024, 7:58 pm Hi:

Duration: 19:00 min

Thanks,
Rusty
rustypistolsonlib wrote: March 19th, 2024, 7:58 pm

Thank you for the feedback. I have replayed the recording and noticed the track is beyond repair or at least as per my skills. I am redoing the entire chapter. Will comment further soon.

Hi:

Thanks,
Rusty
PL OK! Great job with your tone and pacing. I look forward to hearing more of your readings in the future!
Thank you :)
honeybeesmeadow

Post by honeybeesmeadow »

Cbteddy wrote: March 23rd, 2024, 5:22 pm
honeybeesmeadow wrote: March 20th, 2024, 6:54 am Hi!

Hello Bee! Welcome to Librivox and congrats on your first recording. You have a wonderful tone and I enjoyed your pacing. This section is PL OK!
Hi Claire,

Thank you!!

Bee
TrLove

Post by TrLove »

rustypistolsonlib

Post by rustypistolsonlib »

Hi: May I request section 4? Rusty
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

rustypistolsonlib wrote: March 27th, 2024, 1:41 am Hi: May I request section 4? Rusty
Thankyou!
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

TrLove wrote: March 26th, 2024, 9:16 am Here is Section 22, length 34:07.

https://librivox.org/uploads/brownrottger/emotions_22_mccosh_128kb.mp3

Tina
Hello Tina! Great job with your recording! Just a few edits please:

Around 25:54 - heard "...when the climate does not admit of out-door enjoyments..." should be "...when the climate does not admit of out-door employments..."
Around 8:28 - heard " The leader in a revolution is surely the most energetic man..." should be " The leader in a revolution is merely the most energetic man ..."
Around 8:20 - heard "...to entwine the ties of custom which bind a people to the established and the old." should be "...to untwine the ties of custom which bind a people to the established and the old"
Cheers,
Claire

Come read!
TrLove

Post by TrLove »

Hello Tina! Great job with your recording! Just a few edits please:

Around 25:54 - heard "...when the climate does not admit of out-door enjoyments..." should be "...when the climate does not admit of out-door employments..."
Around 8:28 - heard " The leader in a revolution is surely the most energetic man..." should be " The leader in a revolution is merely the most energetic man ..."
Around 8:20 - heard "...to entwine the ties of custom which bind a people to the established and the old." should be "...to untwine the ties of custom which bind a people to the established and the old"
[/quote]

Thank you for your careful listening. Here is the corrected version, ready for spot PL.

T
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

TrLove wrote: March 31st, 2024, 5:41 pm Hello Tina! Great job with your recording! Just a few edits please:

Thank you for your careful listening. Here is the corrected version, ready for spot PL.

T
[/quote]

Great job with the edits! Spot PL OK!
Cheers,
Claire

Come read!
sweetnecromancy84

Post by sweetnecromancy84 »

I would like to read Section 6, if possible. Thank you!