[group]The strange case of Miss Annie Spragg, by Louis Bromfield - icequeen

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Thank you much!!
April
Alondra wrote: April 16th, 2024, 1:48 pm Some more to join the merry crew!!

Section 10 with a time of 6:29:02
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/strangecaseofmissanniespragg_10_bromfield.mp3

Section 11 with a time of 3:49:49
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/strangecaseofmissanniespragg_11_bromfield.mp3

Thanks

Sandra
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Okay guys,
I think that I have managed to get all of the chapters and sub chapters in the mw, whew. PLease do have a look and let me know if I have not assigned you a section you had asked for? Possibly you may have sections that you did not ask for. Let me know, please and thank you.
Sections 54-58 have me curious if anyone has claimed sister Annziata? I have perused and do not see any claims?
I will check back in 04/18/2024
April
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

adr6090 wrote: April 17th, 2024, 3:38 pm Okay guys,
I think that I have managed to get all of the chapters and sub chapters in the mw, whew. PLease do have a look and let me know if I have not assigned you a section you had asked for? Possibly you may have sections that you did not ask for. Let me know, please and thank you.
Sections 54-58 have me curious if anyone has claimed sister Annziata? I have perused and do not see any claims?
I see a few errors in the MW:

-There is a duplicate of "The Thing Found in the Cesspool Chapter 1: Part 4". Section 5 should be "section 05, chapter 01, part 05".

-When you delete the duplicate of "The Thing Found in the Cesspool Chapter 1: Part 4", you will have to update your section numbers from section 5 onwards. Alternatively, you could get rid of the section number in the title section since the MW already automatically tracks the section number on the lefthand side.

-Section 12 should not be assigned to me and should be deleted. The only section I claimed was the one that is marked PL OK in the MW (The Janitress' Tale). As far as I can tell, Section 12 is an accidental duplicate since the preceding section is for The Man Who Became God Part 2 and the following section is The Man Who Became God Part 3.

-LesWilLang is currently assigned MW Section 35, which is titled "Section 09, chapter 01, part 08". They signed up for what was section 9 before the MW was altered. Therefore, they signed up for The End of Aunt Bessie and should be assigned the corresponding sections.

-LesWilLang had claimed what were sections 10-11 as well but relinquished them. Therefore, Sister Annunziata and Coda are unclaimed.

-I don't think the later chapters should all be labelled "Chapter 01". Instead, they would each sequentially go up in number. So:

The man who became God = chapter 02
twenty years of devotion = chapter 03
a Prairie Idyll = chapter 04
a Sentimental Passage = chapter 05
The Crime of Meeker's Gulch = chapter 06
Father D'Astier's Story = chapter 07
Stay with me Flgaons = chapter 08
The End of Aunt Bessie = chapter 09
Sister Annunziata = chapter 10
Coda = chapter 11
The Janitress' Tale = chapter 12
The Romance of Mr. Winnery = chapter 13
Mr. Winnery's Private Miracle = chapter 14
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

Hi Elsie/April,

Section 2 fixed with a time 7:58:15

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/strangecaseofmissanniespragg_02_bromfield.mp3

Thanks
Sandra
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

Hi

i am going to wait before I go any further on this, I have already gone back into my narrations 4 times to make assorted amendments. I would rather not do it again, I know the beginning of this story by heart almost.

Once you have it all sorted out, please let me know and I will go from there.

As I wrote in the thread dated April 17, Section 12 in the magic window is not Section 12, it is much further along the story it is at Page 270 The Janitress' Tale. I have read Section 12 it needs to go in.

Thanks
Sandra
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Thank you. I will print your edits & go from there. The issue for me is all of the subchapters. Section must be mentioned then the chapter number and the part number too. I did the best that I could including all of the aforementioned, trying to keep the reader informed. :thumbs: I will print your suggested edits and go from there.
April

elsieselwyn wrote: April 17th, 2024, 6:56 pm
adr6090 wrote: April 17th, 2024, 3:38 pm Okay guys,
I see a few errors in the MW:

-There is a duplicate of "The Thing Found in the Cesspool Chapter 1: Part 4". Section 5 should be "section 05, chapter 01, part 05".

-When you delete the duplicate of "The Thing Found in the Cesspool Chapter 1: Part 4", you will have to update your section numbers from section 5 onwards. Alternatively, you could get rid of the section number in the title section since the MW already automatically tracks the section number on the lefthand side.

-Section 12 should not be assigned to me and should be deleted. The only section I claimed was the one that is marked PL OK in the MW (The Janitress' Tale). As far as I can tell, Section 12 is an accidental duplicate since the preceding section is for The Man Who Became God Part 2 and the following section is The Man Who Became God Part 3.

-LesWilLang is currently assigned MW Section 35, which is titled "Section 09, chapter 01, part 08". They signed up for what was section 9 before the MW was altered. Therefore, they signed up for The End of Aunt Bessie and should be assigned the corresponding sections.

-LesWilLang had claimed what were sections 10-11 as well but relinquished them. Therefore, Sister Annunziata and Coda are unclaimed.

-I don't think the later chapters should all be labelled "Chapter 01". Instead, they would each sequentially go up in number. So:

The man who became God = chapter 02
twenty years of devotion = chapter 03
a Prairie Idyll = chapter 04
a Sentimental Passage = chapter 05
The Crime of Meeker's Gulch = chapter 06
Father D'Astier's Story = chapter 07
Stay with me Flgaons = chapter 08
The End of Aunt Bessie = chapter 09
Sister Annunziata = chapter 10
Coda = chapter 11
The Janitress' Tale = chapter 12
The Romance of Mr. Winnery = chapter 13
Mr. Winnery's Private Miracle = chapter 14
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Alondra wrote: April 18th, 2024, 1:10 pm Hi

i am going to wait before I go any further on this, I have already gone back into my narrations 4 times to make assorted amendments. I would rather not do it again, I know the beginning of this story by heart almost.

Once you have it all sorted out, please let me know and I will go from there.

As I wrote in the thread dated April 17, Section 12 in the magic window is not Section 12, it is much further along the story it is at Page 270 The Janitress' Tale. I have read Section 12 it needs to go in.

Thanks
Sandra

Sandra,
This particular book has been interesting with the way it was written. Elsie has made a few suggestions. I will print hers & yours. Tomorrow I hope it is set to rights. Thank you for your patience, I do appreciate it.
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Alondra wrote: April 18th, 2024, 1:00 pm Hi Elsie/April,

Section 2 fixed with a time 7:58:15

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/strangecaseofmissanniespragg_02_bromfield.mp3

Thanks
Sandra
Thank you, this is now in the mw.
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello Elsie,
I understand that you assigned Sandra sections 15-18 & that your having access to the mw you marked her file as pl okay. I have looked through the pages and do not see her file 18 in this thread. Nor is it visible in the mw. What am I not seeing? :hmm:
April

elsieselwyn wrote: April 12th, 2024, 3:39 pm
adr6090 wrote: April 12th, 2024, 12:37 pm Ann,
Hold of please, these sections are longer so I will let you know when I know more.
Alondra is assigned sections 15-18 though my darn computer will not allow me to put her in the mw. Possibly you can with your computer, please?
I assigned Alondra sections 15-18 since I had access to the magic window. I also marked Alondra's file as PL OK.

I will note that currently that file contains Section 1, Parts 1-5. If you want Section 1 to be split apart so each part is by itself, Alondra would need to edit and reupload.

Section 1 defined here as "the Thing found in the cesspool"
Parts defined here as the subsections of section 1 marked by numbers in the text (so the parts numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

When I said Section 1: Part 1 originally, I meant "the first file of the Thing found in the cesspool under an hour", not corresponding necessarily to any of the Parts as defined above.

Hopefully that explanation makes sense. This book is kind of confusing to talk about :lol:
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

adr6090 wrote: April 18th, 2024, 4:38 pm Hello Elsie,
I understand that you assigned Sandra sections 15-18 & that your having access to the mw you marked her file as pl okay. I have looked through the pages and do not see her file 18 in this thread. Nor is it visible in the mw. What am I not seeing? :hmm:
April
I believe when I said that I marked her file PL OK, I was referring to the file of what has now been split into parts for Chapter 1 (so it was Chapter 1, Parts 1-5). So there is no file 18 to find, if that makes sense. Sorry for the confusion :D
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

elsieselwyn wrote: April 18th, 2024, 4:44 pm
adr6090 wrote: April 18th, 2024, 4:38 pm Hello Elsie,
April
I believe when I said that I marked her file PL OK, I was referring to the file of what has now been split into parts for Chapter 1 (so it was Chapter 1, Parts 1-5). So there is no file 18 to find, if that makes sense. Sorry for the confusion :D
Okay. Thank you for the explanation.
April
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

So, April has asked for my person opinion for this project. The way that I will tackle this is to just state how I would set up the MW, and how each section would be announced.

Firstly, is this project a collection of short stories, or is this a novel? I still have not figured that out. The way that I would handle the MW is to have each story divided into its parts, like you have it. But, I would have each section have the name of the story then the part number. So, section 1 would be "The Thing Found in the Cesspool, part 1." Each section would be introduced as "Section 1," "Section 2," etc. Then the title of the story and it's part. What this would look like is...
"Section 1 The Strange Case of Miss Annie Spragg. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Strange Case of Miss Annie Spragg, by Louis Bromfield. The Thing Found in the Cesspool, part 1."
Then the outro would simply be...
End of Section 1
The first section of the MW would look like this...
The Thing Found in the Cesspool, part 01
Section 2 would look like this...
The Thing Found in the Cesspool, part 02
Does that make sense? I don't want to create more work for everyone, because it seems like there has been a huge amount of confusion in this project already. This is just a suggestion, you are not bound to follow it if doesn't make any sense. Does that answer some questions? Or did I just make this more of a mess than it really should be.

Also, there were links to the text in the MW, why did those go away? It makes life easier if you have a link to exactly what you want people to read.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Thank you, I will work on the mw now, ;)
April
icequeen wrote: April 18th, 2024, 8:27 pm So, April has asked for my person opinion for this project. The way that I will tackle this is to just state how I would set up the MW, and how each section would be announced.

Firstly, is this project a collection of short stories, or is this a novel? I still have not figured that out. The way that I would handle the MW is to have each story divided into its parts, like you have it. But, I would have each section have the name of the story then the part number. So, section 1 would be "The Thing Found in the Cesspool, part 1." Each section would be introduced as "Section 1," "Section 2," etc. Then the title of the story and it's part. What this would look like is...
"Section 1 The Strange Case of Miss Annie Spragg. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Strange Case of Miss Annie Spragg, by Louis Bromfield. The Thing Found in the Cesspool, part 1."
Then the outro would simply be...
End of Section 1
The first section of the MW would look like this...
The Thing Found in the Cesspool, part 01
Section 2 would look like this...
The Thing Found in the Cesspool, part 02
Does that make sense? I don't want to create more work for everyone, because it seems like there has been a huge amount of confusion in this project already. This is just a suggestion, you are not bound to follow it if doesn't make any sense. Does that answer some questions? Or did I just make this more of a mess than it really should be.

Also, there were links to the text in the MW, why did those go away? It makes life easier if you have a link to exactly what you want people to read.
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Anne,
The mw changes are taking place. The links in the mw disappeared, yes. Somehow I managed to delete them. :roll: Didn"t mean to.
April
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

No problem with the links! If you want them, I can put them back in and create more.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!