[group]The strange case of Miss Annie Spragg, by Louis Bromfield - icequeen

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

icequeen wrote: April 19th, 2024, 1:44 pm No problem with the links! If you want them, I can put them back in and create more.
Yes, please. Benefit of pl person.
April
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

OK, I will take care of that tonight!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Section 2 is PL OK :thumbs:
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

I have a question about the MW. I see a lot of blank sections, are those needing to be deleted? I will delete them if they need to go away.

ETA: And another question, the other readers, have they been informed of the changes to their claims?
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

OK, links are in and the MW is cleaned up. Everyone, please check the MW, your claims have been moved around. The sections are much shorter than before. If you don't want as many sections as you are assigned, please let us know and we will unassign you. Elsie, I changed your file number to 76, since that is where you are now and so we don't lose your recording at some point.

There are some blank sections at the bottom of the MW, please let me know if they can be deleted.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

icequeen wrote: April 20th, 2024, 8:35 pm OK, links are in and the MW is cleaned up. Everyone, please check the MW, your claims have been moved around. The sections are much shorter than before. If you don't want as many sections as you are assigned, please let us know and we will unassign you. Elsie, I changed your file number to 76, since that is where you are now and so we don't lose your recording at some point.

There are some blank sections at the bottom of the MW, please let me know if they can be deleted.
Thanks, Ann! I am also more than happy to alter my intro and outro now that we know how we are organizing the sections. I will do so tomorrow :)
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

Hi April and Ann,

If I don't go back in and change the intros and outros is this going to be confusing for the reader? I can do it, if it makes it more clear, it should be done. Thoughts?

Also if I didn't say before, Sections 6, 7, 8 and 9 have already been uploaded, let me know if you need them done again for whatever reason but if I have to go back in and change things, then best ignore what is uploaded to date.

Sandra
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

icequeen wrote: April 20th, 2024, 7:27 pm I have a question about the MW. I see a lot of blank sections, are those needing to be deleted? I will delete them if they need to go away.

ETA: And another question, the other readers, have they been informed of the changes to their claims?
I am not finished yet, please do not delete them. I hoped that the readers would read this thread so no, I have not notified them.I will paste below what I had put on this thread.

*Okay guys,
I think that I have managed to get all of the chapters and sub chapters in the mw, whew. PLease do have a look and let me know if I have not assigned you a section you had asked for? Possibly you may have sections that you did not ask for. Let me know, please and thank you.
Sections 54-58 have me curious if anyone has claimed sister Annziata? I have perused and do not see any claims?
I will check back in 04/18/2024*

I will get to posting more chapters and parts in the mw now. Thank you for reposting the links to the text.
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

adr6090 wrote: April 21st, 2024, 11:12 am
icequeen wrote: April 20th, 2024, 7:27 pm I have a question about the MW. I see a lot of blank sections, are those needing to be deleted? I will delete them if they need to go away.

I am not finished yet, please do not delete them. I hoped that the readers would read this thread so no, I have not notified them.I will paste below what I had put on this thread.

*Okay guys,
I think that I have managed to get all of the chapters and sub chapters in the mw, whew. PLease do have a look and let me know if I have not assigned you a section you had asked for? Possibly you may have sections that you did not ask for. Let me know, please and thank you.
Sections 54-58 have me curious if anyone has claimed sister Annziata? I have perused and do not see any claims?
I will check back in 04/18/2024*

I will get to posting more chapters and parts in the mw now. Thank you for reposting the links to the text.
Okay, please do delete the blank lines. I have looked at the text and all of the chapters and parts are in the mw. ;)
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello!! Beautiful Sunday here and I hope that it is also a beautiful day where you are :D
The mw is now finished with everything listed and titled appropriately. Please do take a look to ensure sections that you have claimed have been marked with your name. Your claimed sections may appear longer to you as the sections are listed differently now, with part numbers.
Thank you, April
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

OK, all the blank sections are gone, and I have found sections 6-9 and have put them into the MW. I don't know if they were PL'ed yet, so I marked them as Ready for PL. I think we are on track! Thanks April, Sandra and Elsie!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Thank you for doing as you have done, Ann you are my rock star.
April
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Alondra wrote: April 21st, 2024, 10:35 am Hi April and Ann,

If I don't go back in and change the intros and outros is this going to be confusing for the reader? I can do it, if it makes it more clear, it should be done. Thoughts?

Also if I didn't say before, Sections 6, 7, 8 and 9 have already been uploaded, let me know if you need them done again for whatever reason but if I have to go back in and change things, then best ignore what is uploaded to date.

Sandra
Hey Sandra!

Sections 6-9 are PL OK :thumbs:

I would recommend changing the intro and outro for Section 10 as it currently is "Section 10, Chapter 1, Part 1" (which is confusing since The Thing Found in the Cesspool was referred to as Chapter 1) to "Section 10, The Man Who Became God, Part 1"

Section 11 has an error in the intro. Currently, you say "Section 11 Chapter 1 Part 2 of The Strange Case of Miss Annie Spragg. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "The Strange Case of Miss Annie Spragg, by Louis Bromfield. Section 11 Chapter 1 Part 6"

I would recommend changing the intro and outro to "Section 11 The Man Who Became God, Part 2"

Hopefully that made sense!

Elsie :D
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

I have reuploaded my section (The Janitress's Tale) so that the intro and outro say Section 76 instead of Section 12 (as it was before). I put the new file in the MW. Could you spot PL the section for me?

Nothing else has been changed from the PL OK version other than the intro and outro.

Thanks!

icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

elsieselwyn wrote: April 22nd, 2024, 5:01 pm I have reuploaded my section (The Janitress's Tale) so that the intro and outro say Section 76 instead of Section 12 (as it was before). I put the new file in the MW. Could you spot PL the section for me?

Nothing else has been changed from the PL OK version other than the intro and outro.

Thanks!

Section 76 is PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!