[group]The strange case of Miss Annie Spragg, by Louis Bromfield - icequeen

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

Hi,

Here is section 1 (PART 1) with a time of 46:41:66. I have added at the beginning Part One and also at the end.

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/strangecaseofmissanniespragg_001_bromfield.mp3

Sandra
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Please only read the section number. No part number in the mw so please do not put one in.

Sub chapter numbers are part of the text. Please read the number where it is noted in the text of the section it is in. Just the number & title if one is shown. Example for section 1, part 2- on page 24. Finish section 1 below pg. 6 " in the interests of science" then just say 2 & continue reading. Same would be applicable for each part in a section, I would think so. It has been so long since I have read a book with so many parts to a section that I am not sure that is the way it should be done. Let us check with Ann to see just how it should be done. I will message this to her.

Below is how your file for section 01 should be named, than with mp3 replacing kb in the final stage.

strangecaseofmissanniespragg_01_bromfield_128kb

What a lovely voice you have, I love your accent. :D
April
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Yes, Sandra is one of my favorite readers! She reads beautifully!

I had a feeling that the first chapter was going to be a longer recorded time than it should be. We are going to have to be creative with the sections, adding sections at the bottom, then putting them where they need to be when I catalog the project. Section 1 part # is a great way to handle this situation. As I said in another post, we can add sections as we go if they are needed.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

Hello April,

Well this is fun! Thank you for the compliment! :9: Thank Ann for her compliment also. I love working with her.

So, I have reworked Section 1 to end at the end of 5. Sorry for the mis-numbering on the last submission. It's changed now anyway. Time is 51:52:93

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/strangecaseofmissanniespragg_01_bromfield.mp3

Am I right in supposing that Part 2 of Section 1 (as long as it is narrated as Section 1 Part 2) will now be Section 2 and that Section 2 will be Section 3. Ha ha we are all confused!! Have a great day.

Sandra
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Alondra wrote: April 11th, 2024, 11:40 am Hello April,

Well this is fun! Thank you for the compliment! :9: Thank Ann for her compliment also. I love working with her.

So, I have reworked Section 1 to end at the end of 5. Sorry for the mis-numbering on the last submission. It's changed now anyway. Time is 51:52:93

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/strangecaseofmissanniespragg_01_bromfield.mp3

Am I right in supposing that Part 2 of Section 1 (as long as it is narrated as Section 1 Part 2) will now be Section 2 and that Section 2 will be Section 3. Ha ha we are all confused!! Have a great day.

Sandra
You are so correct, Alondra-we are all confused. haha haha
April
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Sandra
Section 1: Part 1 is PL OK :thumbs:

I haven't marked it as such in the MW because April hasn't put your recording in the MW, and she might be adding a section for Section 1: Part 2. I just happened to have the time to listen. :)
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

elsieselwyn wrote: April 11th, 2024, 8:52 pm

Sandra
Section 1: Part 1 is PL OK :thumbs:

I haven't marked it as such in the MW because April hasn't put your recording in the MW, and she might be adding a section for Section 1: Part 2. I just happened to have the time to listen. :)
Now that is quite an idea. There are additional sub sections for "the thing in the cesspool"-I will give each their own lines in the mw. ;)
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Ann,
Hold of please, these sections are longer so I will let you know when I know more.
Alondra is assigned sections 15-18 though my darn computer will not allow me to put her in the mw. Possibly you can with your computer, please?
April
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

adr6090 wrote: April 12th, 2024, 12:37 pm Ann,
Hold of please, these sections are longer so I will let you know when I know more.
Alondra is assigned sections 15-18 though my darn computer will not allow me to put her in the mw. Possibly you can with your computer, please?
I assigned Alondra sections 15-18 since I had access to the magic window. I also marked Alondra's file as PL OK.

I will note that currently that file contains Section 1, Parts 1-5. If you want Section 1 to be split apart so each part is by itself, Alondra would need to edit and reupload.

Section 1 defined here as "the Thing found in the cesspool"
Parts defined here as the subsections of section 1 marked by numbers in the text (so the parts numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

When I said Section 1: Part 1 originally, I meant "the first file of the Thing found in the cesspool under an hour", not corresponding necessarily to any of the Parts as defined above.

Hopefully that explanation makes sense. This book is kind of confusing to talk about :lol:
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

update here from me:
The mw has expanded and now I am finished for the day organizing the mw, my computer agrees as it is not accepting numbers now. One would think this computer is one of the very first ones created. Nope, 'tis not.
I am now on " twenty years of devotion " & I am curious just how many parts will end up being in this section & the following ones as well. Good thing that the mw is so very flexible in the expansion factor, as is is growing in size. :mrgreen:
April
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

adr6090 wrote: April 12th, 2024, 3:42 pm update here from me:
The mw has expanded and now I am finished for the day organizing the mw, my computer agrees as it is not accepting numbers now. One would think this computer is one of the very first ones created. Nope, 'tis not.
I am now on " twenty years of devotion " & I am curious just how many parts will end up being in this section & the following ones as well. Good thing that the mw is so very flexible in the expansion factor, as is is growing in size. :mrgreen:
Oh no - I might have erred in assigning Alondra 15-18 then if the MW has changed since your last post. It seems like you have control of the MW again. I shall leave it to you :lol:
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

I just realized that we need to move back to Readers Wanted. Off we go!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

Hi April,

Ok I am just a little frustrated at having to go back into a perfectly good part 1 and tear it apart, fix it for the small sub chapters and re-upload. This was a lot of work to begin with and as I am half way through editing part 2 I now have to go back through and redo that one. I have also completed reading Section 3. Sorry, but I am, understandably, I a little peeved!

Sandra
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

Hi,

I am trying to fix this, so now: At the beginning do I say Section 1, Section 1 Part 1 and then Section 2, Section 1 part 2, Section 3, Section 1 part 3? A little confusing, so instead of Section 1, part 2 can I use Chapter 1 part 1, part 2 etc?.

I got over my fit of pique, I needed to vent!!

This is most confusing. :lol: We'll get there!!

Sandra
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello Alondra,
I will change the mw so it is consistent with what you are saying, should be less confusion that way.
Say "section 1, chapter 1, part 1" then onto section 02, chapter 1, part 2" like such throughout the sections you have chosen. Make sense? I realize that the way it is set to read seems crazy. Great that the time allowance is not pre set to a much shorter duration. Let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you?
Thank you Alondra,
April