[group]The strange case of Miss Annie Spragg, by Louis Bromfield - icequeen

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

Hi Ann,

Section 1 is long, I am at 51 minutes and I'm only half way. The other sections I won't know until I get there. Sorry. I'll let you know as soon as I can though.

Sandra
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Alondra wrote: April 1st, 2024, 3:42 pm Hi Ann,

Section 1 is long, I am at 51 minutes and I'm only half way. The other sections I won't know until I get there. Sorry. I'll let you know as soon as I can though.

Sandra
I figured that was going to be the case for that section! Thank you for letting me know!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
LesWilLang

Post by LesWilLang »

icequeen wrote: April 1st, 2024, 1:34 pm
LesWilLang wrote: April 1st, 2024, 7:35 am
icequeen wrote: March 29th, 2024, 3:14 pm

You may! Thanks Leslie!
Hello! I realize these are sections of a continuing story, but I am a little fuzzy on whether to read this verbatim:
The title of the section is: THE STRANGE CASE OF S THE END OF AUNT BESSIE I HE. The sentence after the title starts "was not a bad girl, not really." But does not continue from the previous section. Just trying to avoid rework if possible. :D
I am looking at the scans of the book itself, instead of the book viewer. I am going to change the way this is set up so that it is easier to figure out what should be read for each section. Then things should be easier to figure out. The capital letters are the title of the chapter, so those should be read.
Thanks!
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello readers!! I am now paying attention to this thread as I am the bc. I realize I gave up being the pler, thanks to the current pler for stepping in, and I suppose that led to my not paying any attention to this at all; life does keep one busy. I am back now and asking the readers to not follow my actions and get busy reading your chosen sections. :clap:
Thank you,
April
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

Hi April,

How do you want Part Two of Section 1 labelled. Also there are sub chapter numbers which I have not been reading, if you would like them added, let me know and I will add them when I edit what I have done so far. It's slow......

Thanks
Sandra
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Alondra,
Please follow as is suggested on pg.1. Here it is:

strangecaseofmissanniespragg_##_bromfield_128kb.mp where ## is the section number. (e.g. strangecaseofmissanniespragg_01_bromfield_128kb.mp3)

Make sense to you? Let me know, please.

Sub chapter numbers are part of the text. Please read the number where it is noted in the text of the section it is in.
:thumbs: I do not recall Sub chapters having titles though: the number will notify the reader of of it having become a sub section for the actual section.
20 pages is what section 2 looks like to me. Sub sections are from 1 to 7 equalling the 20 pages.

I know confusing it seems, we can't help that though. Only do our best. If we do something incorrectly, we hope that someone more knowledgable will correct us.
April
LesWilLang

Post by LesWilLang »

icequeen wrote: April 1st, 2024, 2:34 pm OK, everyone please note that I have added links directly to the book scan so that there is no more confusion, hopefully. I have also noticed that some chapters are very long. If anyone needs to a split chapter because the recording time is going to be longer than 70 minutes, please let me know right away. I will have to add new sections at that point, and I will have use some creative numbering in order to not mess things up too much.
Hi Ann,
Thanks for providing the links directly to the book scan. I am going to release sections 10 and 11, as 9 (Aunt Bessie) is over 50 pages. I am just now reviewing it, but is looks like it will be longer than 70 minutes. I will know for sure once I do a word count. Will let you know as soon as I have confirmed it.
Again, Thanks!
Leslie
LesWilLang

Post by LesWilLang »

Hello! It looks like I addressed the wrong person. Sorry, I have been out of town for a few days and missed that April is now the PL person.
I am going to stick with Section 9 only and relinquish 10 and 11. According to my time-to-talk calculator it will be about 90 minutes total, which is usually about 75 for me, so heads up on that.

Thanks!
Leslie :D
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

This is April & I am not the new pl person. I am the bc. I will remove you as the reader for sections 10 & 11 while keeping you as the reader for section 9. Thanks for the heads up.
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Alondra
Please read the section number followed by the section title. I was mistaken when I mentioned that the sub
sections didn't have titles, think they do. If you see a title read it after the number. Please.
April
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

adr6090 wrote: April 8th, 2024, 1:00 pm This is April & I am not the new pl person. I am the bc. I will remove you as the reader for sections 10 & 11 while keeping you as the reader for section 9. Thanks for the heads up.
If you want to PL, you can. I don't want to step any toes - I just wanted to help out since the thread had a ~ in front indicating you were in search of a DPL. :)
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

elsieselwyn wrote: April 8th, 2024, 1:29 pm
adr6090 wrote: April 8th, 2024, 1:00 pm This is April & I am not the new pl person. I am the bc. I will remove you as the reader for sections 10 & 11 while keeping you as the reader for section 9. Thanks for the heads up.
If you want to PL, you can. I don't want to step any toes - I just wanted to help out since the thread had a ~ in front indicating you were in search of a DPL. :)
I do not wish to pl, thank you though for doing the pling yourself. :)
April
Alondra

Post by Alondra »

Hi April,

There are no titles just numbers. You want them read? Not needed in my humble opinion but if that is what you want, I'll put them in.

Cheers
Sandra
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Alondra wrote: April 8th, 2024, 2:44 pm Hi April,

There are no titles just numbers. You want them read? Not needed in my humble opinion but if that is what you want, I'll put them in.

Cheers
Sandra
Please do put the numbers in. Thank you.
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

adr6090 wrote: April 8th, 2024, 4:01 pm
Alondra wrote: April 8th, 2024, 2:44 pm Hi April,

Cheers
Sandra
Please do put the numbers in, for the benefit of the reader. Thank you.
April