COMPLETE Don Sebastian, or the House of the Braganza, vol. 4, by Anna Maria Porter - rr

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Cbteddy wrote: February 28th, 2024, 8:32 am May I have section 4?
Yes, thank you!
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
JessicaHendra

Post by JessicaHendra »

Hi redrun- My computer has crashed and I cannot record on it. I am going to need to put together a new set up to record. I am sorry but I will not be able to complete my chapter of Don Sebastian. I will check in and see if the chapter is still available once I am set up again.
Thanks! Jessica
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

JessicaHendra wrote: February 29th, 2024, 4:04 pm Hi redrun- My computer has crashed and I cannot record on it. I am going to need to put together a new set up to record. I am sorry but I will not be able to complete my chapter of Don Sebastian. I will check in and see if the chapter is still available once I am set up again.
Thanks! Jessica
Thank you for letting me know! I've un-assigned chapter 2 for now, but I wish you the best of luck with your computer!
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

Here is section 4, filled with more heartbreak that I was hoping wouldn't happen. (30:20).

Sigh

May I have section 2?

https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/donsebastian4_4_porter_128kb.mp3
Cheers,
Claire

~~Books are like people, but usually more interesting~~
~~I'm not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter~~

Come read!
The Boys' Book of Famous Rulers by Lydia Hoyt Farmer
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Cbteddy wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 10:39 am Here is section 4, filled with more heartbreak that I was hoping wouldn't happen. (30:20).

Sigh

May I have section 2?

Uh-oh. Queued for PL... :help:

Section 2 is assigned. :thumbs:
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Cbteddy wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 10:39 am Here is section 4, filled with more heartbreak that I was hoping wouldn't happen.
Thank you Claire... but boy, this was not the tragedy I was expecting! He's had the one thing happen to him often enough in previous volumes, but the other... why? :cry:

Just a couple of notes for you this time around:
@11:54, OPTIONAL - in "confidence in the -exertions- of their friends", I hear "exhortations". It does make sense this way, but it sounded just different enough that I looked it up to be sure.
@02:02, in "dispatched their -representative-", I hear "respective"
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

redrun wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 9:41 pm
Cbteddy wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 10:39 am Here is section 4, filled with more heartbreak that I was hoping wouldn't happen.
Thank you Claire... but boy, this was not the tragedy I was expecting! He's had the one thing happen to him often enough in previous volumes, but the other... why? :cry:

Just a couple of notes for you this time around:
@11:54, OPTIONAL - in "confidence in the -exertions- of their friends", I hear "exhortations". It does make sense this way, but it sounded just different enough that I looked it up to be sure.
@02:02, in "dispatched their -representative-", I hear "respective"
Oh noooo, now I'm nervous to continue reading! Let's assume they break out of prison, go get Blanche, and sail away into the sunrise back to Brazil where they live happily ever after without anymore heartache.

Both edits made! New run time is 30:21.

Cheers,
Claire

~~I'm not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter~~

Come read!
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Cbteddy wrote: March 9th, 2024, 11:40 am Oh noooo, now I'm nervous to continue reading! Let's assume they break out of prison, go get Blanche, and sail away into the sunrise back to Brazil where they live happily ever after without anymore heartache.

Both edits made! New run time is 30:21.

Yes, that seems like the logical thing to assume. Yes, we will do exactly that. Everything is fine. :mrgreen:

Spot-PL: OK! :thumbs:
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

Oh dear, and now Don Castro...they just can't catch a break! I hope their efforts will pay off.

Here is chapter 2.
https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/donsebastian4_2_porter_128kb.mp3 (17:46)

May I have section 5 please?
Cheers,
Claire

Come read!
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Cbteddy wrote: March 9th, 2024, 2:19 pm Oh dear, and now Don Castro...they just can't catch a break! I hope their efforts will pay off.

Here is chapter 2.

May I have section 5 please?
Ooh, dear. First Don Castro, eh? It's too bad I'm not one to skip to the end...

Queued for PL, and section 5 is assigned.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Cbteddy wrote: March 9th, 2024, 2:19 pm Here is chapter 2.
Oof, that is a painful loss!

Just one optional note for chapter 2:
@1:41, OPTIONAL "with this temporary -privation-"
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

Section 5 is ready for review! (42:37). I feel like this chapter is giving me false hope, but I'm happy they at least get to attempt to leave Venice!

https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/donsebastian4_5_porter_128kb.mp3

I'll take chapter 6 please :)
Cheers,
Claire

Come read!
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Alright! Fingers crossed, and chapter 6 assigned. :mrgreen:
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Cbteddy wrote: March 27th, 2024, 6:17 pm Section 5 is ready for review! (42:37). I feel like this chapter is giving me false hope, but I'm happy they at least get to attempt to leave Venice!
Having heard all the reasons why going to France was a smart decision, I only wonder what unknown factor will make it turn out poorly next chapter. :help:

Chapter 5 is PL OK! :thumbs:
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

Hello! Here is the sad chapter 6. :( (34:29).

I'm in too deep, so I have to continue on with section 7 please!

Edit: forgot the link

https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/donsebastian4_6_porter_128kb.mp3
Cheers,
Claire

Come read!