COMPLETE Don Sebastian, or the House of the Braganza, vol. 4, by Anna Maria Porter - rr

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Don Sebastian; or, The House of the Braganza: An Historical Romance, Volume 4, by Anna Maria Porter (1780 - 1832)

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found in our catalog:
https://librivox.org/don-sebastian-or-the-house-of-the-braganza-an-historical-romance-vol-4-by-anna-maria-porter/

Now living peacefully with his young family as an anonymous exile, Don Sebastian has just received word that the queen of England will back his rightful claim for the throne of Portugal. But her help will come with strings attached: the queen wants his only daughter as insurance of his loyalty.
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/72343

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming sections: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available sections. Post a reply in this thread asking for the section you would like to record.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Chapter #*** of Don Sebastian; or, The House of the Braganza, Volume 4. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Don Sebastian; or, The House of the Braganza, Volume 4, by Anna Maria Porter. Chapter #*** ."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of chapter #*** ." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
*** Note: please replace "Chapter #" with "The Conclusion", or just "Conclusion", for the final section. :)

If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Don Sebastian; or, The House of the Braganza: An Historical Romance, by Anna Maria Porter."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: donsebastian4_#_porter_128kb.mp3 where # is the section number in the MW. (e.g. donsebastian4_1_porter_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: redrun

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

In this final volume of the series, we again have a Gutenberg text for our readings. As it does not include a Table of Contents, I've provided links like we did in volume 3.

For anyone who might want to hear the story up to this point before joining, volumes 1, 2, and 3 are already in the catalog. :D
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

Hopping in early to claim section 1 if possible!
Cheers,
Claire

~~Books are like people, but usually more interesting~~
~~I'm not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter~~

Come read!
The Boys' Book of Famous Rulers by Lydia Hoyt Farmer
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Cbteddy wrote: January 20th, 2024, 3:09 pm Hopping in early to claim section 1 if possible!
I knew you'd be back! :wink:
Section is assigned.
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.
JessicaHendra

Post by JessicaHendra »

I can take section 2!
Cheers,
Jessica
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

JessicaHendra wrote: January 21st, 2024, 11:47 am I can take section 2!
Cheers,
Jessica
Thank you for joining us, Jessica! Section 2 is assigned. :thumbs:

And since we have a DPL (me) and some claims, I'll bump us on over to Readers Wanted: Books. :D
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

Here is the heart-wrenching Chapter 1 (30:37).

https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/donsebastian4_1_porter_128kb.mp3
Cheers,
Claire

~~I'm not addicted to reading. I can stop as soon as I finish the next chapter~~

Come read!
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Oh, no! Heart-wrenching isn't what I wanted to hear! :lol:

Queued for PL in the next few days.
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Cbteddy wrote: January 30th, 2024, 7:45 pm Here is the heart-wrenching Chapter 1 (30:37).

https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/donsebastian4_1_porter_128kb.mp3
Well. Yes, that sure was an emotional parting. :cry:
I'd say this chapter establishes the stakes for this last act of the journey, though!

Chapter 1 is PL OK! :thumbs:
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

May I have section 3?
Cheers,
Claire

Come read!
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Cbteddy wrote: February 17th, 2024, 12:57 pm May I have section 3?
Certainly! Section 3 is assigned. :thumbs:
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

Hello! Here is section 3 (27:47). Hooray for a family reunion. Hoping Sebastian's worry doesn't manifest for him, Aziek or Gaspar!

https://librivox.org/uploads/redrun/donsebastian4_3_porter_128kb.mp3
Cheers,
Claire

Come read!
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Queued for PL, thank you!
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Cbteddy wrote: February 19th, 2024, 12:22 pm Hello! Here is section 3 (27:47). Hooray for a family reunion. Hoping Sebastian's worry doesn't manifest for him, Aziek or Gaspar!
Chapter 3 is PL OK! :thumbs:
Right! And it sure was... upstanding of those Venetians to remember he wiped their debt. Seems the kind of thing any state would conveniently forget about. :hmm:
Cbteddy

Post by Cbteddy »

May I have section 4?
Cheers,
Claire

Come read!