[COMPLETE] Puss in Boots, Jr., in New Mother Goose Land, by David Cory-mtf

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Kishan wrote: March 4th, 2024, 7:03 am Hi sorry for the delay, here is chapter 21 Yankee Doodle Up in the Air’s recording. (My audacity recording software was picking up my voice in low volume, so I had to increase it. It may fall above the normal 86-92 db range, but if needed I can go back in and make it to that level.)

Time: 2:52
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/pussinbootsjrmothergoose_21_cory_128kb.mp3
Thank you for these recordings!
You are right; you amped this one up too much and it is out of range. "Amplify" it by -4.5 and you should be on target. But, wait until lomond gives you a full PL report on these in case there is anything else to take care of.

To check your volume in decibels, you can use Checker https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker, written specifically for LibriVox. Just drag a file into the Checker window to check validation on all LV specs, including a readout of actual volume in decibels. Use the Amplification feature in Audacity to bring the volume closer to the LV target of 89 dB.

It is also good to adjust your recording settings and environment so that your raw recordings are closet to the target.

Thanks again for your participation!
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

Sorry, folks. Try as I might try to keep it from happening, every once in a while, life gets in the way of LibriVox. :( :( I will have all of these PLed by this evening.

Lomond
lomond

Post by lomond »

silverquill wrote: March 4th, 2024, 12:10 pm

You are right; you amped this one up too much and it is out of range. "Amplify" it by -4.5 and you should be on target. But, wait until Lomond gives you a full PL report on these in case there is anything else to take care of.
Greetings -

Good news, Kishan. The only thing that needs to be done to Chapter 21 is to lower the audio level and it will be PL OK. Nicely read.

Lomond
Last edited by lomond on March 4th, 2024, 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

More good news, Kishan.

Both Chapter 35 and Chapter 39 were PL OK.

The audio for Chapter 39 was a bit light but still in the acceptable range.

When will we hear more from you, Kishan? Soon, I hope.

Lomond
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

Thanks to the PL OK readings of RLindsey and StaceyM2022, Chapters 18 and 24 have been added to the list of approved chapters.

Lomond
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

RosiesReading, sorry it took me so long to let you know that Chapters 19 and 20 were just what Puss in Boots, Jr., would have wanted. Definitely PL OK.

Lomond
Kishan

Post by Kishan »

lomond wrote: March 4th, 2024, 7:23 pm Greetings -

More good news, Kishan.

Both Chapter 35 and Chapter 39 were PL OK.

The audio for Chapter 39 was a bit light but still in the acceptable range.

When will we hear more from you, Kishan? Soon, I hope.

Lomond
Thank you. I will be sending the corrected db volume range for chapter 21 in a few minutes.
Kishan

Post by Kishan »

Hello, here is the corrected decibel volume for Chapter 21, yankee doodle up in the air.
(89.5 db)
https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/pussinbootsjrmothergoose_21_cory_128kb.mp3
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Kishan wrote: March 4th, 2024, 9:56 pm Hello, here is the corrected decibel volume for Chapter 21, yankee doodle up in the air.
(89.5 db)
Thank you!
Just did a quick volume check, so we can mark this PL OK
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

And that means it's over to me, doesn't it? :D

I am at work now, and the next two evenings will be very busy for me. I hope that I'll be able to snatch a few minutes in between activities to start it validating. But it may be a few days.

Good work, everyone!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thank you, Devorah. Don't stress; a few days is not critical by any means. I appreciate your help with this project.

Thank you to ALL of our readers who gave your voices to these cute stories. I'm sure many will enjoy listening.
Thank you Lomond for all of the hours of listening that went into this project.

Our next David Cory book, Little Jack Rabbit and Professor Crow, is now on the launch pad.

viewtopic.php?t=101936
~ Larry
RosiesReading

Post by RosiesReading »

lomond wrote: March 4th, 2024, 7:55 pm Greetings -

RosiesReading, sorry it took me so long to let you know that Chapters 19 and 20 were just what Puss in Boots, Jr., would have wanted. Definitely PL OK.

Lomond
Thanks, Lomond! I'm honored to make Puss in Boots Jr. proud! :thumbs:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/puss-in-boots-jr-in-new-mother-goose-land-by-david-cory/