[LEGENDS] Folk-Lore and Legends: North American Indian -jo

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

silverquill wrote: January 16th, 2024, 12:47 am Getting ready to record these.

Do you want to shorten the file name?
Seems awfully long to me . . . .
Can I shorten the file name without shortening the title of the book? I have never had to do that before.
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

libbyhoughton wrote: January 16th, 2024, 1:59 am
afutterer wrote: January 15th, 2024, 10:19 am
libbyhoughton wrote: January 14th, 2024, 2:03 am Can I please claim sections 29-33? Thanks.
Hi there and welcome to Librivox! Looks like your 1-minute test is in and good to go. That is wonderful! I will have to add you as a reader in the database.

Would you like your display name to be your real name, username, or something else?
Would you like to link a personal website or anything to your profile?

Let me know and I will hold the requested sections for you in the meantime. Thanks!
Hello there and thank you, looking forward to my first recording!

Please can my display name be lhoughton and I don't have anything else to add to my profile :)
Thank you libbyhoughton! I have added you and assigned you the selected sections.
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
valroth

Post by valroth »

Hello!

Here is section 16. The Strange Guests.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/folkloreandlegendsnorthamericanindian_16_unknown_128kb.mp3

Time: 14:58

Thanks,

Val
“Life offers up these moments of joy despite everything.” ― Sally Rooney, Normal People
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

valroth wrote: January 16th, 2024, 9:43 am Hello!

Here is section 16. The Strange Guests.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/folkloreandlegendsnorthamericanindian_16_unknown_128kb.mp3

Time: 14:58

Thanks,

Val
Thank you!
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 10

PL OK
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 16

PL OK
Anthony

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

afutterer wrote: January 16th, 2024, 8:16 am

Can I shorten the file name without shortening the title of the book? I have never had to do that before.
Oh, sure; it's done frequently.
Just edit the first post, and go to FILENAME: and change it. Something like, folkloreandlegends_##_unknown_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. folkloreandlegend_01_unknown_128kb.mp3) would work. But, check with Jo and see what she thinks.

And, I just noticed that there is no author given to read in the intro. It might be good to add "by unknown" where we usually have the author, but again, I'll let Jo give here sage advice. :)
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
libvox53

Post by libvox53 »

I would like to do Section 03 The Girl Who Married The Pinetree -Libvox53
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

libvox53 wrote: January 17th, 2024, 1:18 am I would like to do Section 03 The Girl Who Married The Pinetree -Libvox53
You have it! Thank you so much!
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

silverquill wrote: January 16th, 2024, 5:48 pm
afutterer wrote: January 16th, 2024, 8:16 am

Oh, sure; it's done frequently.
Just edit the first post, and go to FILENAME: and change it. Something like, folkloreandlegends_##_unknown_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. folkloreandlegend_01_unknown_128kb.mp3) would work. But, check with Jo and see what she thinks.

And, I just noticed that there is no author given to read in the intro. It might be good to add "by unknown" where we usually have the author, but again, I'll let Jo give here sage advice. :)
I see. I did not know if changing the file name would change the integrity of the file storage system. Since I do not see where they are for cataloging, etc. I will also wait for Jo to respond to this inquiry. I will already have to rename and re-upload two files since they are in and OK already. Not that this is too large of a deal to do mind you.

When I create a project, I want the title to reflect the actual title of the book. Which I think is standard protocol here anyways. However, I was not sure I could edit the FILENAME: portion and not have it inline with the actual title. Can this legally be done or does this disturb the legality of the file itself? Forgive my ignorance on the topic. I am not sure how things work beyond BC and DPL. :help:
Anthony

knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Anthony,

Shortening the filename is fine. I overlooked this one or I might have suggested shortening it when I set the project up. No need to reupload existing files. I can change the filenames behind the scenes. Either you or I will need to change the suggested filename in the top post if you decide on a shorter name. Perhaps something like:

folklore_##_northamericanindian_128kb.mp3 or folklorelegends_##_northamerindian_128kb.mp3

I don't think you need to change the intro to add Unknown as the author. What you have is fine.
Jo
libvox53

Post by libvox53 »

Hello,
Here is section 3
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/03_libvox53.mp3

Duration is 02:17

Thank you!
Libvox53 Please catalog with my username.
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

libvox53 wrote: January 17th, 2024, 12:11 pm Hello,
Here is section 3
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/03_libvox53.mp3

Duration is 02:17

Thank you!
Libvox53 Please catalog with my username.
Thank you!
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: January 17th, 2024, 9:32 am Hi Anthony,

Shortening the filename is fine. I overlooked this one or I might have suggested shortening it when I set the project up. No need to reupload existing files. I can change the filenames behind the scenes. Either you or I will need to change the suggested filename in the top post if you decide on a shorter name. Perhaps something like:

folklore_##_northamericanindian_128kb.mp3 or folklorelegends_##_northamerindian_128kb.mp3

I don't think you need to change the intro to add Unknown as the author. What you have is fine.
Thank you Jo. I have changed the filename in the first post to the shorter recommendation from you. I am not sure why...I have never had this request before ad now I have had it twice in ongoing projects. Is this something new? Are you seeing more of this lately?
Anthony

libvox53

Post by libvox53 »

Sorry! Here it is again with the correct file name.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/folklore_03_northamericanindian_128kb.mp3

Libvox53