[LEGENDS] Folk-Lore and Legends: North American Indian -jo

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
mattcom2

Post by mattcom2 »

I can take section 25, Machintou The Evil Spirit.

mattcom2
StaceyM2022

Post by StaceyM2022 »

Hello,

May I claim section 20?

Thanks,
Stacey
mattcom2

Post by mattcom2 »

Do we have a pronunciation reference for the names in this? Is it "Ch" as in chemistry? Or as in chug? Does "tou" at the end of a name rhyme with oh, oo, or cow?

If there is no reference source, do we have an agree-upon arbitrary pronunciation for consistency? Or does each reader make it up as he or she goes along?

mattcom2
mattcom2

Post by mattcom2 »

Here is section 25 of Folk-lore and Legends: North American Indian

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/folklore_25_northamericanindian_128kb.mp3

I received no response to my request to claim it, nor to any followup questions. If it's of use...you've got it.

mattcom2
mattcom2

Post by mattcom2 »

Ooops. Forgot to add the runtime for folklore_25_northamericanindiant_128kb.mp3. It's 15:37.

mattcom2
Heather6542

Post by Heather6542 »

Hi all!
I finally am submitting my work. It would have been done way sooner, but I was really sick with bronchitis which knocked my voice out. Mostly better now, Thank you for letting me work on this fun project! Here is chapter or section 27 for proof listening. 7:42

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/folklore_27_northamericanindian_128kb.mp3

Let me know if you would like me to make any changes.

Thanks again,
Heather
Greenbean1111

Post by Greenbean1111 »

Greetings !!

Can I volunteer to read Chapters 22 and 23 ?

Thanks and have a great day !

Greenbean
Heather6542

Post by Heather6542 »

Hi,

Section 28 is ready for PL. 4:56

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/folklore_28_northamericanindian_128kb.mp3

Please let me know if you'd like any changes made.

Thank you,
Heather
Lizziedot

Post by Lizziedot »

If I may read #22 The Swing by the Lake. I am new to Librivox and this will be my first reading.

Elisabeth
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

kevinHolm wrote: February 27th, 2024, 10:24 pm
afutterer wrote: February 9th, 2024, 6:35 am
kevinHolm wrote: February 8th, 2024, 9:19 pm May I read sections 17,18 and 21 please?
Thanks!
Hello and welcome to Librivox! We are happy to have you. It looks like you have done your 1-minute test already. Thanks for handling that.
I can certainly assign these sections to you, but I will have to add you to the reader's catalog first. When I do that, there are three fields to fill out.

1- Username
This one is easy. You have given it to me already!
2- Display Name
If you would like your real name or a different handle connected to your readings. Otherwise this can also be your username again. No worries.
3- Website
If you have a website that you would like viewable and reachable from your projects here at Librivox, this will allow that.

If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will be taken to your catalog page.

Please let me know how you would like that laid out and know that if it ever changes you can contact the admin team to update it in the database.

I will hold the sections for you for now.

1 - kevinHolm
2 - kevinHolm
3 - I don't have a website I would like to be viewable
Just to make sure, I would like sections 17,18 and 21 (on the magic window you have me down for 19 instead of 21)
Thank you so much! :thumbs:
So sorry Kevin. I somehow was not getting my subscription messages from this forum. I have corrected and assigned to the requested sections. Sorry for the delay. :oops:
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

libbyhoughton wrote: February 13th, 2024, 3:52 am Hi, heres the updated section 31

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/folklore_31_northamericanindian_128kb.mp3 (1.50)

Thanks
Thank you and sorry for the delay!
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

maddyg921 wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 7:36 pm Hello, can I read section 22?
Sorry. Are you still interested in helping out? Have you done your 1-minute test yet to get added to the reader database? I can get you started on that if you like or you can head on over to the forum and get guidance there. Sorry for the delay in response!
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

mattcom2 wrote: March 4th, 2024, 12:29 pm I can take section 25, Machintou The Evil Spirit.

mattcom2
You have it. Sorry for the delay!
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

mattcom2 wrote: March 13th, 2024, 12:07 pm Here is section 25 of Folk-lore and Legends: North American Indian

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/folklore_25_northamericanindian_128kb.mp3

I received no response to my request to claim it, nor to any followup questions. If it's of use...you've got it.

mattcom2
Thank you and sorry for no response. My subscription to this project did not go through. I am not super worried about pronunciation. I just ask that you are consistent throughout your recording. I will post for PL. so sorry!
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Heather6542 wrote: April 1st, 2024, 2:41 pm Hi all!
I finally am submitting my work. It would have been done way sooner, but I was really sick with bronchitis which knocked my voice out. Mostly better now, Thank you for letting me work on this fun project! Here is chapter or section 27 for proof listening. 7:42

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/folklore_27_northamericanindian_128kb.mp3

Let me know if you would like me to make any changes.

Thanks again,
Heather
No worries at all. My daughter and I both ended up with bronchitis as well. No fun! I am glad you are mostly better and sorry for the slow response!
Anthony