[LEGENDS] Folk-Lore and Legends: North American Indian -jo

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Folk-Lore and Legends: North American Indian, by Unknown
This is a wonderful compilation of stories that serve to paint a vivid and beautiful image of the Native American figure. The exploration of imagination, moral sentiment, tender feeling and humor of the folk-tales may surprise the unexpecting listener. (Summary by afutterer)
Source text (please read only from this text!):
https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/22072

Deadline: Please submit your recording within 2 months of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming sections: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available sections. Post a reply in this thread asking for the section you would like to record.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Standard[/url].

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

Genres for the project: Culture & Heritage Fiction; Humorous Fiction

Keywords that describe the book: short stories, Native American, Legend, lore, folk-tales

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Section # of Folk-Lore and Legends: North American Indian. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Folk-Lore and Legends: North American Indian. Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Folk-Lore and Legends: North American Indian"
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: folklore_##_northamericanindian_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. folklore_01_northamericanindian_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: knotyouraveragejo

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
Last edited by afutterer on January 17th, 2024, 12:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

I will PL this myself.
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

I can MC this project for you, Anthony. MW coming up...
Jo
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

knotyouraveragejo wrote: January 10th, 2024, 3:43 pm I can MC this project for you, Anthony. MW coming up...
Thank you! Wonderful to work together again!
Anthony

afutterer

Post by afutterer »

The MW is populated and ready to go live. Just let me know if there is anything I am forgetting to do before launch! :thumbs:
Anthony

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

May I read 1,6,24,26 ?
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

silverquill wrote: January 11th, 2024, 9:21 am May I read 1,6,24,26 ?
You've got them. Thanks so much!
Anthony

libbyhoughton

Post by libbyhoughton »

Can I please claim sections 29-33? Thanks.
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

libbyhoughton wrote: January 14th, 2024, 2:03 am Can I please claim sections 29-33? Thanks.
Hi there and welcome to Librivox! Looks like your 1-minute test is in and good to go. That is wonderful! I will have to add you as a reader in the database.

Would you like your display name to be your real name, username, or something else?
Would you like to link a personal website or anything to your profile?

Let me know and I will hold the requested sections for you in the meantime. Thanks!
Anthony

valroth

Post by valroth »

May I read 10 and 16 please?

Thanks!

Val
“Life offers up these moments of joy despite everything.” ― Sally Rooney, Normal People
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

valroth wrote: January 15th, 2024, 11:17 am May I read 10 and 16 please?

Thanks!

Val
You have them. Thanks!
Anthony

valroth

Post by valroth »

Hello,

Here is section 10 — nice and short to start us off! :-)

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/folkloreandlegendsnorthamericanindian_10_unknown_128kb.mp3

Time: 2:27

Thanks,

Val
“Life offers up these moments of joy despite everything.” ― Sally Rooney, Normal People
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Getting ready to record these.

Do you want to shorten the file name?
Seems awfully long to me . . . .
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
libbyhoughton

Post by libbyhoughton »

afutterer wrote: January 15th, 2024, 10:19 am
libbyhoughton wrote: January 14th, 2024, 2:03 am Can I please claim sections 29-33? Thanks.
Hi there and welcome to Librivox! Looks like your 1-minute test is in and good to go. That is wonderful! I will have to add you as a reader in the database.

Would you like your display name to be your real name, username, or something else?
Would you like to link a personal website or anything to your profile?

Let me know and I will hold the requested sections for you in the meantime. Thanks!
Hello there and thank you, looking forward to my first recording!

Please can my display name be lhoughton and I don't have anything else to add to my profile :)
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

valroth wrote: January 15th, 2024, 3:57 pm Hello,

Here is section 10 — nice and short to start us off! :-)

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/folkloreandlegendsnorthamericanindian_10_unknown_128kb.mp3

Time: 2:27

Thanks,

Val
Thank you. I have posted and will listen soon.
Anthony