[COMPLETE] One Hundred and One Hymn Stories, by Carl F. Price - brrot

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

This project is complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/one-hundred-and-one-hymn-stories-by-carl-f-price/

One Hundred and One Hymn Stories, by Carl F. Price (1881 - 1948)
Carl F. Price, a pioneering hymnologist, historian, and author, says, "Every real hymn has its story, if only we could discover it." This book takes us behind the scenes with glimpses of the hymn writers to give us just those stories. The hymns range from those from familiar hymnologists such as Charles Wesley and Isaac Watts to earlier writers such as Saint Stephen the Sabaite, and Bernard of Cluny. Here you will find the story behind "A Mighty Fortress Is Our God," "Onward, Christian Soldiers," "All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name," and many more. (Summary by Larry Wilson)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://archive.org/details/onehundredonehym0000carl/page/n3/mode/2up

Deadline: Please submit your recording within ONE MONTH of placing your claim. If you cannot complete the recording within this time, please post in the thread to relinquish your claim or to ask the BC for an extension. If your recording is not completed by the deadline, your claim may be reassigned at the BC's discretion.

Claiming sections: Look in the Magic Window below for the list of available sections. Post a reply in this thread asking for the section you would like to record.

New to recording? Please see our Newbie Guide to Recording for further instructions. A quick guide to our required technical settings can be found here. When you post your file, please tell the BC what name you would like to use in our catalog.

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================
This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.
  • Project Code: sa87y5Ug
  • Link to author on Wikipedia (if available): https://hymnology.hymnsam.co.uk/c/carl-f-price (Carl F. Price)
  • Link to title on Wikipedia (if available):
  • Number of sections (files) this project will have: 101
  • Does the project have an introduction or preface: Yes
  • Original publication date (if known): 1923
  • If you are a new volunteer, how would you like your name (or pseudonym) credited in the catalog?
  • Do you have a URL you would like associated with your name?:

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Essays & Short Works; *Non-fiction/Religion/Christianity - Other

Keywords that describe the book: Christianity, faith, biography, music, worship, songs, hymns, praise, poetty, sacred music, hymnology, gospel music

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

READER NOTE: These are very short sections so I am asking for a ONE MONTH deadline and a limit of FIVE sections to be claimed at the same time. More can be claimed later.

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

Say:
"Section# of One Hundred and One Hymn Stories by Carl F. Price. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain. [Optional: "Read by your name."] Section Title. Do NOT read the dates - just title and author.

End of recording:
Say:
"End of section #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of One Hundred and One Hymn Stories, by Carl F. Price."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

NOTE: THREE digits are required in the file name including any leading zeroes.[/b]

Filename: hymnstories_###_price_128kb.mp3 where ### is the section number. (e.g. hymnstories_001_price_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
(If you have trouble reading the image above, please contact an admin)

MC to select: brownrottger

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into a new post in this thread along with the file duration (mm:ss). Watch this thread for prooflistening notes.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask! Just post in this thread.
Last edited by silverquill on February 22nd, 2024, 12:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Note for MC:
Because these sections are so short, I've modified the intro to be briefer. I can change this back to the full, long disclaimer if absolutely necessary, but I thought this would give us a smoother recording of this book.
~ Larry
mleigh

Post by mleigh »

Could I DPL this for you?

Thanks,

M
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Neat project!
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
St. Augustine (Vol.6 Psalms 126-150) 94% 3 left!
PL pls: DPL 43 27-28
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

mleigh wrote: January 10th, 2024, 4:05 am Could I DPL this for you?

Thanks,

M
I would be delighted!
Thank you.

It is really a very enjoyable book. :)
I think he has a sequel as well.
~ Larry
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

Hi Larry, I will MC. Before I set it up: there is a Preface. Thus, I am encouraging you to include it. It can be in section 1. Just let me know.
Thanks!
Christine
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thank you, Christine!

Oh, did I forget to check the box?

Yes, please, a zero section for the preface. :D
~ Larry
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

silverquill wrote: January 10th, 2024, 12:45 am Note for MC:
Because these sections are so short, I've modified the intro to be briefer. I can change this back to the full, long disclaimer if absolutely necessary, but I thought this would give us a smoother recording of this book.
I will need to check on this. At least the first one has to be the longer version though. Those damn lawyers!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

brownrottger wrote: January 11th, 2024, 11:01 am
I will need to check on this. At least the first one has to be the longer version though. Those damn lawyers!
Right, full disclaimer on the opening which I will read.
This is basically the shorter disclaimer used for solo projects.
For poetry, it is even shorter, but I've been told it can be used only for poetry projects.

I'll go ahead and fill out the MW, but will hold off on claims until we get this clarified.
~ Larry
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

silverquill wrote: January 11th, 2024, 11:31 am
For poetry, it is even shorter, but I've been told it can be used only for poetry projects.

I'll go ahead and fill out the MW, but will hold off on claims until we get this clarified.
Excellent.
brownrottger
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by brownrottger »

brownrottger wrote: January 11th, 2024, 11:38 am

Good to go as above.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

brownrottger wrote: January 11th, 2024, 11:59 am

Good to go as above.
Oh, so happy about this. :D
The MW is filled out, and an additional reading note added, and a few sections for myself.

I think we can go to Short Works.
Thanks again for your help.

Oh, could you delete the last section for me?
Last edited by silverquill on January 11th, 2024, 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~ Larry
Beeswaxcandle

Post by Beeswaxcandle »

I'll put a claim in for the 90s (90 to 99), but won't record anything until you give the go ahead.
"Just because you can doesn't mean you should"—my first law of life.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Beeswaxcandle wrote: January 11th, 2024, 12:19 pm I'll put a claim in for the 90s (90 to 99), but won't record anything until you give the go ahead.
Thank you!

Since I've set a limit of just five sections per claim, I'm putting you in for the first five.
But, once these are in, if the others are still open, you're certainly welcome to take those as well.
~ Larry
rgg28164

Post by rgg28164 »

Hi,
May I be assigned 65-69? Would be very much appreciated.
Thank you,
Robert G.
Robert
"Wherever your voice is heard or influence felt may there follow greater Kindness, Tolerance and Love"