[OPEN][Biography/Music]My Musical Life by Walter Damrosch - kit

Every work here needs a reader! Please sign up and help us complete these books. The symbol ~ means that Proof Listeners are needed
mattcom2

Post by mattcom2 »

Is the chapter I'll be reading to be slated as "Section 26" or "Chapter 19" or both?

And is the entire statement about Libribox recordings being in public domain - including solicitation to visit site for information or to volunteer - to be included as part of the introduction to every chapter?

mattcom2
mattcom2

Post by mattcom2 »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Cbteddy wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 8:47 amI love how our mind works (or doesn't work sometimes). It's all "Nah...just skip that whole line, there's nothing important there" :roll:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/mymusicallife_09_damrosch_128kb.mp3
yes, skipping a line like that, if the sentences still makes sense, that can happen. :mrgreen:

And it's PL ok now, thank you

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mattcom2 wrote: March 3rd, 2024, 11:49 amIs the chapter I'll be reading to be slated as "Section 26" or "Chapter 19" or both?

And is the entire statement about Libribox recordings being in public domain - including solicitation to visit site for information or to volunteer - to be included as part of the introduction to every chapter?
yes you did it correctly, the entire wording needs to be read in each section. We use "section 26" for the first part of the intro and "chapter 19" for the second part, which is the "title". Like you did :thumbs:
a wonderful narration for this interesting chapter, thank you so much. Perfect pacing and clear diction, it was very easy to follow along and agreeable to listen to. Hoping to hear more from you in this or some other project along the way. :)

This is totally PL ok.

Only please always mention the length of the file when you post your links in our projects, so the MW can be updated right away.

Thanks

Sonia
Jonatoner

Post by Jonatoner »

Hello Kitty
I'd like to claim section 7 on Lili Lehman. I have not been active for several years due to illness and travel and have forgotten many of the procedures. It will all come back once I start up again.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Jonatoner wrote: March 4th, 2024, 7:34 amI'd like to claim section 7 on Lili Lehman. I have not been active for several years due to illness and travel and have forgotten many of the procedures. It will all come back once I start up again.
hello and welcome back :) I'll sign you up for section 7. Make sure your technical settings are still up to LV standards ;)

For the rest, intro, outro, etc...everything is noted down in the first post.

Have fun recording again 8-) and thanks for your interest in this project

Sonia
janicwedge

Post by janicwedge »

Hello,
I would like to claim Section 6 about the founding of the Metropolitan Opera in NYC and the death of Damrosch's father.
My Lirbivox name is janicwedge. Thank you.

Janet Wedge
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

janicwedge wrote: March 4th, 2024, 2:35 pmI would like to claim Section 6 about the founding of the Metropolitan Opera in NYC and the death of Damrosch's father.
super, thank you for joining, and section 6 is yours now :)

Sonia
Jonatoner

Post by Jonatoner »

I have uploaded section 7. Hope it's okay.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/mymusicallif3_07_damrosch_128kb.mp3

Timing: 24'11"
rubenpaulspeaks

Post by rubenpaulspeaks »

Hi, can i read for "XIII. The Oratorio Society of New York" please? I'm a big fan of classical music and love opera!

Ruben
lkirk

Post by lkirk »

Section 19 is ready for proof listening. Thank you.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/mymusicallife_19_damrosch_128kb.mp3

30:21
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

rubenpaulspeaks wrote: March 7th, 2024, 11:42 amHi, can i read for "XIII. The Oratorio Society of New York" please? I'm a big fan of classical music and love opera!
thank you for joining the project, Ruben. Please note this is section 15, not 13. In the first post you'll find the exact wording for the intro and outro (saying "section 15" in the beginning and at the end and then "chapter 13" as title only)

I hope you enjoy the chapter :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

@Jonatoner and lkirk: thanks for your sections. MW is updated and I will probably PL tomorrow

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Jonatoner wrote: March 7th, 2024, 10:45 amI have uploaded section 7. Hope it's okay.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/mymusicallif3_07_damrosch_128kb.mp3
thank you, Jonathan, an excellent narration and your German is quite good. :) Wow, Madame Lehmann was quite a character. :shock:

I only have a couple of small edits to note:

> at 0:20: you forgot the second part of the intro and the title, please add: "My Musical Life, by Walter Damrosch. Chapter 7. Lilli Lehman"

> at 22:03: "why you have to engage that -- for New York" - our policy is not to add anything to the author's text, so I would only make either a pregnant pause here or simply read it in a continuous sentence, but we need to cut "other woman". I guess Lilli Lehman had a much stronger word for her rival here, otherwise it would not have been censured LOL

> careful with the filename, you had a typo in there (lif3), it needs to be: mymusicallife_07_damrosch_128kb

thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lkirk wrote: March 7th, 2024, 12:51 pmSection 19 is ready for proof listening. Thank you.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/mymusicallife_19_damrosch_128kb.mp3
and a perfect PL ok job this time, thank you so much for the accuracy, this makes my PLing so much easier and agreeable. :9: Looking forward to the last part of this interesting chapter

Sonia