[COMPLETE] The House At Pooh Corner by A. A. Milne (version 3)

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
RVPMatt123

Post by RVPMatt123 »

Heh, it should do.

Either way, the Magic Window is all sorted! I'll get onto recording the first section tomorrow
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

RVPMatt123 wrote: January 12th, 2024, 1:46 pm Heh, it should do.

Either way, the Magic Window is all sorted! I'll get onto recording the first section tomorrow
(Warning: You're working with a retired print editor, who hasn't quite recovered yet. :lol: )

I notice that the capitalization of the titles in the Magic Window doesn't match that of the book, and there's one word spelled differently ("organized" should be misspelled "Organdized"). Any objections if I go in and correct these? As these are the titles that will eventually appear on the Librivox site, I think it's important for them to match the original. I'll consider it part of my "proof" listening duties.

Thanks,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
RVPMatt123

Post by RVPMatt123 »

It's a funny thing, I know the title is spelt Organidised, but I think I just spelt it normally anyway. Force of habit 😅

But yeah, by all means, go ahead and change it if you wish!
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

RVPMatt123 wrote: January 12th, 2024, 2:52 pm It's a funny thing, I know the title is spelt Organidised, but I think I just spelt it normally anyway. Force of habit 😅

But yeah, by all means, go ahead and change it if you wish!
Ok, done. I've upper cased all instances of "in which" as they're in small caps in the original. I could have left them all lower-cased instead (I believe both options would be correct). Let me know if you'd prefer that.

Thanks,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

My fault. I saw "organdized" and changed it. It didn't occur to me to check the text and I should have asked permission.

You did it right Matt. Thank you Winnifred for your close attention.
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam - Popeye, the sailor man
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice - Neil Peart
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

Darvinia wrote: January 12th, 2024, 5:43 pm Thank you Winnifred for your close attention.
Once an editor, always an editor. :lol: It can sometimes be a curse… I can’t seem to ignore typos.
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
RVPMatt123

Post by RVPMatt123 »

Hi all, hope you're well!

Apologies for the lack of activity on my end these last few days, I've been taking some time to focus on myself. I'm gonna be recording the first section tonight and then hopefully if time allows, I'll record one chapter a night to push this along
RVPMatt123

Post by RVPMatt123 »

Dedication and Contradiction uploaded and now ready for PL! :D
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

RVPMatt123 wrote: January 14th, 2024, 2:09 pm Dedication and Contradiction uploaded and now ready for PL! :D
The content of this section is fine. However, the volume is too low, at 79.4 dB. Can you please either use Loudness Normalization or Amplify to get it up to at least 86 dB (and preferably a bit higher than that)?

Thanks,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
RVPMatt123

Post by RVPMatt123 »

Got it, I'll work on that tonight. I'll also be sure to turn my mic gain up when I record the following sections
RVPMatt123

Post by RVPMatt123 »

Dedication and Contradiction updated and ready for PL again! In the meantime, time to get Chapter 1 done
RVPMatt123

Post by RVPMatt123 »

Chapter 1 uploaded and ready for PL as well!
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

RVPMatt123 wrote: January 15th, 2024, 1:12 pm Chapter 1 uploaded and ready for PL as well!
Dedication and Contradiction and Chapter 1 are both PL OK now.

Love your character voices! This is going to be a lot of fun.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
RVPMatt123

Post by RVPMatt123 »

Cheers, and it's only gonna get better!
RVPMatt123

Post by RVPMatt123 »

Chapter 2 uploaded and ready for PL!

I tell you, I've been waiting to be able to record this since I did the first Winnie The Pooh book, so I hope I did it justice!