[COMPLETE] The House At Pooh Corner by A. A. Milne (version 3)

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

RVPMatt123 wrote: March 19th, 2024, 4:39 pm Excuse me while I careen right into a brick wall 🙃

JK, all good! I'll sort that tomorrow morning
No worries. Blame it on your computer. They're evil. :lol:

Til tomorrow.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
RVPMatt123

Post by RVPMatt123 »

Chapter 7 audio issues have been fixed and the last two chapters have been recorded.

These have NOT been uploaded yet, however, I've been having problems with the uploaded giving me errors after taking ages to upload the files. I'll sort it out in the morning, hope you're looking forward to hearing them!
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

RVPMatt123 wrote: March 24th, 2024, 4:14 pm Chapter 7 audio issues have been fixed and the last two chapters have been recorded.

These have NOT been uploaded yet, however, I've been having problems with the uploaded giving me errors after taking ages to upload the files. I'll sort it out in the morning, hope you're looking forward to hearing them!
Yeah, sometimes the uploader just randomly takes a holiday and refuses to move. It'll likely work just fine in the morning. And yes, I am looking forward to the last two chapters!

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
RVPMatt123

Post by RVPMatt123 »

Chapter 9 and the audio boosted Chapter 7 are now uploaded and ready for PL.

Chapter 10 would be with them, but I got an "error true" message when it was nearly done, then the same message when I tried to upload again. So that's really downed me because I'm very proud of that one, but I'll try it again in the morning
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

RVPMatt123 wrote: March 25th, 2024, 2:05 pm Chapter 9 and the audio boosted Chapter 7 are now uploaded and ready for PL.

Chapter 10 would be with them, but I got an "error true" message when it was nearly done, then the same message when I tried to upload again. So that's really downed me because I'm very proud of that one, but I'll try it again in the morning
And chapters 7 and 9 are both PL OK. I love the Piglet song! Well done!

I look forward to Chapter 10 tomorrow. The "error true" is usually a sign that the uploader's on strike. Maybe there's too many people uploading at once? Probably not a problem with your file.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
RVPMatt123

Post by RVPMatt123 »

Cheers mate, we're almost there now!

Also, word of warning...get the tissue box ready for Chapter 10 😅
RVPMatt123

Post by RVPMatt123 »

And with that, the recording for this audiobook comes to a close. Chapter 10 is now finally uploaded and ready for PL!
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

RVPMatt123 wrote: March 26th, 2024, 9:37 am And with that, the recording for this audiobook comes to a close. Chapter 10 is now finally uploaded and ready for PL!
And a lovely closing chapter it is, tissues and all!

Just a few small tweaks required:
  • Your volume is at 83 dB and needs amplifying.
  • At 10:14, I hear “Being enchanted, its forest was not like the floor of the Forest, …” but the text reads “Being enchanted, its floor was not like the floor of the Forest, …”
  • You’ve got your acknowledgement (Read by Matthew Soames) at both the beginning and end of the chapter, but it should only appear once. If you want to end with it, you’ll have to remove it from the start.
One more upload and you'll be done!

Thanks,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
RVPMatt123

Post by RVPMatt123 »

No probs, mate, I'll sort that out soon
RVPMatt123

Post by RVPMatt123 »

Chapter 10 updated with the new changes, all ready for PL again
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

RVPMatt123 wrote: March 27th, 2024, 12:37 pm Chapter 10 updated with the new changes, all ready for PL again
And it is now spot PL OK! Thank you for allowing me to accompany you through the 100 Acre Wood with Christopher Robin, Pooh, Piglet, and all their friends, Matthew. It has been a real pleasure.

Ready for publication to the wider world!

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

Completion noted. I will catalogue later today.
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam - Popeye, the sailor man
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice - Neil Peart
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

This book is now in the LibriVox catalogue and available for listeners to download. Please check the catalogue page and let me know if any changes are needed:

https://librivox.org/the-house-at-pooh-corner-version3-by-a-a-milne/

Congratulations and thank you for another addition to our cataglogue! :)
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam - Popeye, the sailor man
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice - Neil Peart
RVPMatt123

Post by RVPMatt123 »

Was a pleasure to narrate this for you too!

Now, I just need to start up Now We Are Six and then I'll have all the Pooh books done. Watch this space!