[COMPLETE] The House At Pooh Corner by A. A. Milne (version 3)

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

You absolutely did it justice. Tigger's voice had me giggling throughout.

PL OK!

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
Potemkin Village by Fletcher Pratt (science fiction novelet)
RVPMatt123

Post by RVPMatt123 »

Winnifred wrote: January 18th, 2024, 4:47 pm You absolutely did it justice. Tigger's voice had me giggling throughout.

PL OK!

Cheers,
Aw, I'm glad to hear! Tigger was kinda tough to come up with, but I eventually settled on that bouncy Cockney accent you hear there.

Hoping to work on Chapter 3 tonight!
RVPMatt123

Post by RVPMatt123 »

Chapter 3 uploaded and ready for PL!
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

RVPMatt123 wrote: January 19th, 2024, 3:10 pm Chapter 3 uploaded and ready for PL!
Content is delightful, but your volume's too high, at 92.5, and I'm hearing some soft pops and brushings against the mic. If you bring your volume down to around 90 that will probably reduce those pops and brushings sufficiently.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Where the Blue Begins by Christopher Morley (humorous novel about a "Synthetic Hound" named Haphazard Gissing I.)
RVPMatt123

Post by RVPMatt123 »

No probs, I was probably closer to the mic than I was last time. I'll sort that out soon
RVPMatt123

Post by RVPMatt123 »

Hi all,

Just wanna say I'm gonna be taking a break from this project for a little while. I'm having probably my biggest bout of depression yet and I really need to focus on myself for a while. I'll update you again some time this week and let you know how I'm feeling
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

RVPMatt123 wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 8:51 am Hi all,

Just wanna say I'm gonna be taking a break from this project for a little while. I'm having probably my biggest bout of depression yet and I really need to focus on myself for a while. I'll update you again some time this week and let you know how I'm feeling
Sorry to hear that, Matthew. Take care of yourself. Your friends in the Hundred Acre Wood will be sending good thoughts your way (as will I). Hope you feel more worraworraworra soon!
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
RVPMatt123

Post by RVPMatt123 »

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know I'm feeling much better after my last update. Not 100% yet, I'm still putting the pieces back together, but we're getting somewhere. Been trying to go swimming regularly as of late and I think it's done me the world of good.

That said, I've now updated the Chapter 3 audio in line with the PL notes and the new link is now ready for PL again. I'm hoping to get back to recording a few more chapters throughout the week.

It's good to be back!
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

RVPMatt123 wrote: February 13th, 2024, 2:24 pm Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know I'm feeling much better after my last update. Not 100% yet, I'm still putting the pieces back together, but we're getting somewhere. Been trying to go swimming regularly as of late and I think it's done me the world of good.

That said, I've now updated the Chapter 3 audio in line with the PL notes and the new link is now ready for PL again. I'm hoping to get back to recording a few more chapters throughout the week.

It's good to be back!
Welcome back! So glad you're feeling better. Yes, exercise can work wonders, can't it?

Chapter 3 is spot PL OK. Looking forward to the next!

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
RVPMatt123

Post by RVPMatt123 »

Hi all,

Again, massive apologies for the absence. I had a week break in Scotland last week which was very enjoyable, but I had a relapse of mental health problems on Monday which I've been trying hard to fight against. I'm not sure when I'll get back onto the recording, but I'm hoping it won't take too much longer
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

RVPMatt123 wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 12:06 pm Hi all,

Again, massive apologies for the absence. I had a week break in Scotland last week which was very enjoyable, but I had a relapse of mental health problems on Monday which I've been trying hard to fight against. I'm not sure when I'll get back onto the recording, but I'm hoping it won't take too much longer
Take care of yourself. We'll still be here when you're ready for us.

Cheers,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
Darvinia
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Darvinia »

I second that. Thanks for checking in.
Bev

There's nothing you can't prove if your outlook is only sufficiently limited. - Lord Peter Wimsey
I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam - Popeye, the sailor man
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice - Neil Peart
RVPMatt123

Post by RVPMatt123 »

Back in business, peeps! Chapter 4 is uploaded and ready for PL!
Winnifred

Post by Winnifred »

RVPMatt123 wrote: March 16th, 2024, 1:54 pm Back in business, peeps! Chapter 4 is uploaded and ready for PL!
Hooray! Welcome back to Pooh Corner, Matthew.

Another great chapter. Just one correction needed. Your volume is just a smidge too low at 85.9 dB. Please amplify it to bring it up over 86 dB and reupload.

Thanks,
Winnifred

Readers Wanted:
RVPMatt123

Post by RVPMatt123 »

So close!! I'll get that done today, don't worry